Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tyrion Ingram-Dawkins
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Tyrion Ingram-Dawkins

Oct 28, 2020, 1:43 PM

Just curious why Clemson isn’t on his short list. Seems to be a big time recruit (defensive tackle from Gaffney). Reportedly favoring Georgia or South Carolina or maybe Tennessee. Was he never interested in Clemson or did Clemson have bigger targets? Thanks.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tyrion Ingram-Dawkins

Oct 28, 2020, 1:49 PM

I believe we targeted 1 DT in Payton Page and he is committed.

Oct 28, 2020, 2:41 PM

TID never was offered by our staff.

Oct 28, 2020, 3:02 PM

Clemson has a system and it works where they only offer the guys they want and they make sure they tell those guys that they are the only one they are going to offer at a certain position until that player makes a decision. Clemson offered on DT said he was the only one they were offering until he made a decision. If Page had chose another school I believe there is a chance Clemson would have offered and I've heard if Clemson were to offer they would jump to the top of his list. I do know that what Clemson does will and has made some recruits mad and sometimes it doesn't allow Clemson to get back in on a guy later. It is kind of the draw back on how Clemson recruits. Take Doty for example. Was a Clemson fan and if Clemson would have offered he would have committed on the spot. Clemson had their eye on one guy, DJU. Doty got mad bc Clemson told him they weren't offering QB's right now. Both Doty and DJU were on campus about the same time but Clemson was waiting on DJU to come to campus to offer him. Coach Swinney has a saying in recruiting that if a guy isn't willing to come to Clemson on his own dime then the chance of that recruit coming for 4 years is slim. Now there are always exceptions to that rule bc some kids don't have the means. Anyways Clemson always knew that if/when DJU made it to campus they were going to give him his offer in person and let him know he would be the only QB they recruit until he makes his decision. Well Doty took Clemson offering DJU as that they lied to him bc obviously DJU received his offer after the coaches had told Doty they weren't offering QB's right now. Technically Clemson didn't lie to him bc Clemson knew they were only offering one QB and no one else it just so happened that the timeline mae it where JU came to campus right after Doty making it seem to Doty he was lied to. Doty figured he'd get Clemson back by committing to the Gamecocks which the last laugh is on him because he committed to the Gamecocks.

Coaches do their homework, especially this staff............

Oct 28, 2020, 3:07 PM

If we aren't recruiting him there has to be some grade issues or character issues.

Re: Coaches do their homework, especially this staff............

Oct 28, 2020, 3:28 PM

The Paige kid out of Greensboro Dudley will quickly show you why the Tigers went after him. Brown is still crying!

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic