Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Proud of our University, our team, our president
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Proud of our University, our team, our president

Jun 12, 2017, 7:37 PM

(both usa and univ prez), and our fans . We did the white house thing better than anyone else, as expected. Classy all the way. So proud my daughter will be heading to campus in the fall ! )On another note, recently attended my son's college graduation ceremony at a STEM focused school. The speaker was a respected business leader who spoke of the importance of freedom, business and commerce, and how he had learned along the way that the best way to help the poor is with jobs - not government handouts. There were no protestors, no boos, etc. All of this gives me hope for the future !

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

forgot to mention OUR COACH !!***

Jun 12, 2017, 7:40 PM

Forget the "es".***

Jun 12, 2017, 7:58 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

haha you are correct !***

Jun 12, 2017, 8:12 PM

DW4 and mom received a handout

Jun 12, 2017, 8:23 PM

from Habitat For Humanity and I'm thinking this helping hand helped him along the way. Millions of Americans have been helped with welfare and good stamps temporarily, and have gone on to become productive tax-paying citizens. You constantly hear the negatives of these programs but rarely hear the success stories.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

just FYI about Habitat

Jun 12, 2017, 9:23 PM

Habitat requires 300-400 hours of 'sweat equity' put into your home and others. This is considered the down payment. THEN, the houses are not free, though Habitat works hard to provide the mortgages at 0% interest.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But it is a temporary safety net

Jun 12, 2017, 9:43 PM

that helps the unfortunate just like a lot govt. programs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: But it is a temporary safety net

Jun 12, 2017, 11:01 PM

It's not government related.. no government welfare. This is people helping people and people earning and paying it forward. This isn't a temporary "handout" that became their home

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

1. Habitat for Humanity is a private nonprofit organization

Jun 12, 2017, 9:28 PM [ in reply to DW4 and mom received a handout ]

2. I've never heard anyone say anything bad about Habitat for Humanity
3. OP Is talking about the federal government giving out handouts

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Just saying Habitat is like a lot of

Jun 12, 2017, 9:48 PM

govt. Programs that give temporary help to the unfortunate, and that produce a lot of success stories like Habitat.

Temporary?!

Jun 12, 2017, 10:35 PM

Federal government?! LOL

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Enlighten me on some govt. Programs

Jun 12, 2017, 10:38 PM

that aren't temporary.

Re: DW4 and mom received a handout

Jun 12, 2017, 10:41 PM [ in reply to DW4 and mom received a handout ]

That's because there rarely are any success stories. Don't be fooled just because DW4 came from that situation. Most fold in welfare have no desire to work nor make something of themselves, don't confuse that with the Watson family. They have the drive that most don't.

There are millions of success stories

Jun 12, 2017, 11:02 PM

of ordinary people who received welfare, food stamps, and unemployment and eventually became successful.

Re: Proud of our University, our team, our president

Jun 12, 2017, 8:40 PM

The comments from your STEM school are a bunch of crap. Take your right wing hate
off the Clemson Football board

not one ounce of "hate" in that

Jun 12, 2017, 8:45 PM

unless your priorities are really, really skewed.

The speaker was a respected business leader who spoke of the importance of freedom, business and commerce, and how he had learned along the way that the best way to help the poor is with jobs - not government handouts. There were no protestors, no boos, etc. All of this gives me hope for the future !

Who in the world could possibly disagree with that? Wow.

The person who would disagree with that is the person who

Jun 12, 2017, 9:25 PM

is getting the handouts.

The only hate I smell on this board is

Jun 12, 2017, 8:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Proud of our University, our team, our president ]

coming from your direction.

Excuse me?

Jun 12, 2017, 8:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Proud of our University, our team, our president ]

What in the world are you talking about...there wasn't one scintilla of a speck of "hate" in those remarks.

How about this....YOU, shut your trap and take YOUR sociopathic REAL hate elsewhere.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You left out "get a job."***

Jun 12, 2017, 9:25 PM

Typical liberal rhetoric.

Jun 12, 2017, 9:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Proud of our University, our team, our president ]

Something was said that they don't like… call it hate speech and end the conversation.

your post gave me pause...

Jun 12, 2017, 11:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Proud of our University, our team, our president ]

until I glanced at some of your other musings. The "stem school comments " were not from the school (a highly regarded university that always ranks among the top job placement rates and starting salaries for graduates) , but were from a household name biz leader who was invited to speak. People like you don't value that, but others do. My apologies to others if my post came across as political. It was not intended to be so.

I love the subtle political anecdote

Jun 12, 2017, 9:05 PM

Nice

MAGA.??***

Jun 12, 2017, 9:23 PM

Congrats to your kids and your family.***

Jun 12, 2017, 9:21 PM

The media on both sides highlights the worst behavior.

Jun 12, 2017, 10:01 PM

We forget that news is nothing but entertainment. There's little news and much theater.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Proud of our University, our team, our president

Jun 12, 2017, 10:55 PM

Then show it by capitalizing U.S.A. and President.

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic