Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Guardian weighs in on Cuomo: not good
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Guardian weighs in on Cuomo: not good

Feb 18, 2021, 12:17 PM

FWIW: even the center-left, independently-owned, snitty, unaligned English newshounds of The Guardian have weighed in on the scandal engulfing governor Cuomo...and their verdict is pretty unequivocally salty. They say he needs to be gone.

Dirty's dirty. If a guy's dirty, you he's on nobody's "side", and you don't carry his water for him, and I don't see why anybody would. Just my .02 worth, anyhow.

Just to me, it's actually a relief that the free press is still working like it should even when the dirty party in question is indeed one of their "own".

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/feb/18/cuomo-gate-nixonian-scandal-nursing-homes

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Guardian weighs in on Cuomo: not good

Feb 18, 2021, 12:32 PM

Feb 18, 2021, 12:50 PM

The point, my dear tiresome Fascist, is that none of your conservative-media outlets would ever call for accountability of any of your own politicians.

In fact you're busy raging at your own politicians who dared vote for voting for holding Trump for accountability of his actions. You yourself posted you "can't wait" to primary Kinzinger...because in your zero-sum world you think that'll magically make him disappear.

It won't, of course, it just drives even the center-right guys like Kinzinger into the increasingly ever-more-crowded Big Tent that is the Democratic Party. Heck, the day is coming you could even see a "D" by Mitt Romney's name. Good job, GOP.

Cuomo's a bad guy and should be gone, and The Guardian acknowledges the obvious truth that he is a bad guy who should be gone.

"Conservative" media, on the other hand, does not exist to acknowledge obvious truths the other way; they exist to deny them. The biggest trick the "conservative" media ever pulled was getting people to call them conservative media; they're actually the anti-media, which is exactly what former Nixon disciple Roger Ailes created Fox News to be in the first place.

Good one, nutjob

Feb 18, 2021, 12:56 PM

Typical T3 Playbook - When you are obviously proven wrong

Feb 18, 2021, 1:06 PM

& can't defend yourself, resort to insulting the poster.

Shut up you scok, I don't care that you're a scok, but

Feb 18, 2021, 1:08 PM

at the same time I will brag that I care so much I've gotten multiple scoks banned!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: Shut up you scok, I don't care that you're a scok, but

Feb 18, 2021, 1:13 PM

He'll stew a minute and then start TD'ing me, too.

Always puts a happy smile on my face because I know I've given him indigestion. And I enjoy giving Fascists indigestion. ;)

Re: Shut up you scok, I don't care that you're a scok, but

Feb 18, 2021, 1:25 PM

do you know how much this makes you look

Feb 18, 2021, 2:05 PM [ in reply to Shut up you scok, I don't care that you're a scok, but ]

like the little ##### that you are.....if you dont, you should. I pegged you as the High School tattle tale and you are proving me right.

I almost guarantee you were an RA in your dorm.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wouldn't expect you to understand the point of my post.***

Feb 18, 2021, 2:07 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

And even more predictably, soccerkrzy shows up too

Feb 18, 2021, 2:47 PM [ in reply to Shut up you scok, I don't care that you're a scok, but ]

What was he proven wrong about in this thread?***

Feb 18, 2021, 1:09 PM [ in reply to Typical T3 Playbook - When you are obviously proven wrong ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Typical jtown scok post

Feb 18, 2021, 1:24 PM [ in reply to Typical T3 Playbook - When you are obviously proven wrong ]

Nice, quozz, change the subject.....***

Feb 18, 2021, 1:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Guardian weighs in on Cuomo: not good ]

Feb 18, 2021, 2:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Guardian weighs in on Cuomo: not good ]

Quo

I agree with your perspective here, but I would make one point. I don't think Cuomo is a bad guy overall. He made some bad choices in a tough situation and then he tried to cover it up. The cover up was far worse (in my mind) than the bad decisions.

The media will cover this honestly and Dems will condemn the cover up as they should.

Some of the reactionaries here are just pissedoff because it did not come out in time to help their Emperor Trump.

This is like congratulating EMS after they arrived 8 hours

Feb 18, 2021, 2:21 PM

after the patient died. It's ridiculous. The story was there, and the media at large ignored it to protect the democrat party during the elections. Just like they did with the Hunter Biden/Tony Bobulinksi stuff. It's all so transparent to anyone looking at it objectively.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is like congratulating EMS after they arrived 8 hours

Feb 18, 2021, 2:41 PM

Bum

Do you have any objective evidence to back up your subjective claim ??

What kind of evidence do you want? There were plenty of

Feb 18, 2021, 2:53 PM

people screaming about putting COVID patients in nursing homes, particularly when he had a fuggin' empty hospital ship available, going back to like March 2020. All of this was largely ignored while he was being congratulated for doing such a great job.

It's almost like some of you guys didn't realize this has been a story for almost a year now.

Re: What kind of evidence do you want? There were plenty of

Feb 18, 2021, 8:17 PM

Actually, as often happens in political matters, the coverup is viewed as worse than the original mistake. THAT is the news that has broken this month.

Do you REALLY think that various, competitive news agencies would withhold a major story to help Gov. Cuomo ? And that they would ALL resist the temptation to be first to break the story.

Your boy lost - and it was NOT because news agencies colluded to withhold this (or any other) story.

Wrong. The “cover up” as you want to call it

Feb 19, 2021, 11:39 AM

Just makes the original crime look even worse. The story was very clearly downplayed as much as possible, he was even praisedwhile sending COVID patients into nursing homes. Again, when an empty hospital ship was available. Seriously, did you not realize this has been a story for months?

Feb 18, 2021, 3:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Guardian weighs in on Cuomo: not good ]

Does this count for calling for accountability?

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/15/politics/richard-burr-north-carolina-gop-censure-impeachment/index.html

Proud of them for holding everything back for a year.

Feb 18, 2021, 12:46 PM

Imagine the election fallout...great job preserving the party.

Feb 18, 2021, 12:48 PM

definitely not the smart brother.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 18, 2021, 1:31 PM

Kamala has to be smiling. Early on the media was fawning over Cuomo. I think Andy can forget about ever becoming President. 2024 Dem primary is down one now.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 18, 2021, 1:37 PM

Agree. She wouldn't last past the first debate.***

Feb 19, 2021, 3:40 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic