Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
After these last few days...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 586

After these last few days...

Mar 4, 2021, 12:05 PM

I feel like ROPE would be a good buy to hang myself. This FN market!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for the stock tip, where I'm currently down

Mar 4, 2021, 12:06 PM

10%.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Been absolutely brutal

Mar 4, 2021, 12:07 PM

I took all my tech out yesterday and switched to Covid recovery commodities, like oil and gas. At least till this thing hits a bottom

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You must not have invested much in 1999 or 2007

Mar 4, 2021, 1:05 PM

Even the last two years of Obama was bad.

This market is still on fire and way up. A 10 percent correction is small, if it happens. The market is still up on the year.

I've been in individual stocks for 25 years. I used to try to play the game. Now I just play smart and let the experts guide me. I keep a long term outlook. The tortoise always wins.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Two rock solid pieces of stock advice: 1. By the time

Mar 4, 2021, 12:10 PM

you hear about something, it's way too late.

You got to do things the Elon Musk and Mark Cuban way

Mar 4, 2021, 12:27 PM

Invest in a bunch of some random crypto currency (personally, nobody can trace it you know), then make some grand announcement your business will accept the currency, do some press release, maybe a news conference. Maybe even get on record as thinking it has a future in business.

Go home, wake up the next morning, watch the price as it climbed based on your promotion of the currency publicly, then sell.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bet you wish you’d sent me that $50 now doncha?

Mar 4, 2021, 12:32 PM

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

I bought back into Bitcoin at 36k, now wishing I

Mar 4, 2021, 12:42 PM

would have put a lot more into it. Almost seems safer than stonks and corncubes these days. I can't help but think the ship is starting to go down, but maybe I'm wrong.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Most option plays right now for next month are calls.

Mar 4, 2021, 12:47 PM

Translation: the big sharks think this is just a big dip and not gonna turn into a crash.

I'm confused...did I miss a joke or something?...

Mar 4, 2021, 12:46 PM

the DJIA is up ~3% YTD and down -0.4 over the last 5 days.

So...what are you talking about?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It depends on what stocks you were in.

Mar 4, 2021, 12:50 PM

Overall the market has been trending down. Big players like Apple -12% this week, Tesla -25% this week. Amazon -8% past month. Tech in general has tanked and the money going into oil, transportation, cruise lines.

I'm not foolish enough to hold individual stock....

Mar 4, 2021, 1:15 PM

I did that in my younger days until I realized that I didn't have enough time to track everything, so I let someone else who does have the time and knows more do that for me in mutual funds.

And when you say "overall" the market has been trending down...over what period are you speaking to? The broader market measure (S&P500) is down slightly over 1 month and up still a good bit over 6 months.

S&P looks like it's rolling over

Mar 4, 2021, 1:34 PM

I think we hit 3700, maybe even 3600. Could definitely be wrong. I have a massive buy order out there at 3700 though.

The tin foil in me says they're just trading it down waiting on a stimulus pop, so if your balls are hanging low, load up on SPY Calls or ES futures. My uncle (RIP) used to say, it's just traders making money man.

Liquidity isn't a problem, this downturn has been a reflection of the craziness in the bond market.

Obviously it's overvalued, but it's been that way for over 11 years now.

JPow waiting on his ink, not to worry

does trying to time the market normally work...

Mar 4, 2021, 2:23 PM

for you?

If it does, you're the exception.

I'm steady eddie type investor and it's worked well for me.

what is a spy call or es future?

Mar 4, 2021, 3:31 PM [ in reply to S&P looks like it's rolling over ]

I've never bought options, only sold them for a bit of income and a safe bet. I quit about 20 years ago when I rode tech stocks on NASDAQ all the way up and all the way down. I decided my time was better spent on engineering for small amounts of money over gambling on the stock market when I really didn't have the knowledge required.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 586
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic