Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Two players who make me really feel good about Clemson...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 3,587

Two players who make me really feel good about Clemson...

Nov 11, 2018, 2:50 PM

I've been a Clemson fan all of my life, but when I attended as a freshman we were in the last days of mediocrity. It was 1976, Charlie Pell was there and I think we went 3-6-2, but just a year later everything would change. Since then it's been pretty dang good except for the Tommy West years, and of course now it's more than I ever hoped for or dreamed about.

But in all that time, I have never seen two more admirable young men who embody the spirit of Clemson more than Hunter Renfrow and Christian Wilkins. Every time I see them I smile. I was just watching the video with Dabo talking about the weather and Hunter is sitting there smiling and occasionally winking at the camera. When being interviewed on tv last night Christian impressed as he always does. They are also two of the hardest working players we've ever had.

Just my two cents. We've had a lot of greats, but these two guys make me especially proud to be a Tiger!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Two players who make me really feel good about Clemson...

Nov 11, 2018, 2:53 PM

Couldn’t agree more, I really enjoy watching all the players/coaches interviews. It’s not just talk with this team, you can see they all love playing for more than themselves!

I don’t know how Dabo has done it but I have never been more proud of the representives of Clemson athletics.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

76, good Ole Red Parker

Nov 11, 2018, 2:58 PM

The man the brought in the Steve Fuller class.

Nov 11, 2018, 3:06 PM

If I remember correctly, Pell was only at Clemson (head coach ) for 2 years and both years we were really good

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 11, 2018, 3:20 PM

You’re right I think. Memory is gettin kinda hazy these days!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 11, 2018, 3:09 PM

Charley Pell made many mistakes, but he never had a losing season at Clemson. He was 18-4-1 in 2 seasons (minus the '78 Bowl Game vs. Ohio State), 10-1-1 in Conference Play, and the best winning percentage in true road games of any Clemson coach.

Pell was a POS that won with Parker's player's

Nov 11, 2018, 3:19 PM

Stabbed RP in back to get the job to start with, committed enough violations to warrant probabtion, hauled A## to UF ,where he continued to commit enough violations to also get UF on probation.

Re: Pell was a POS that won with Parker's player's

Nov 11, 2018, 6:19 PM

Read Jim Phillip's biography if you want to hear how Pell left Clemson. When I read it, I heard his voice every time Jim was quoted. It was emotional reading about is career at Clemson. I met him once at a Christmas party in Greenville. He and Bob Fulton were going around together to parties by Clemson or Scar fans. Good times!!

Thanks to Pell it ncaa caught up to us...

Nov 11, 2018, 3:12 PM

.... In the early 80's and got us probation when I was there.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thanks to Pell it ncaa caught up to us...

Nov 11, 2018, 3:44 PM

Our AD at that time was shady himself......to let that happen to Red Parker. Parker did not get enough credit for the players he was beginning to recruit and bring in.

Red was building something.

Nov 11, 2018, 3:48 PM

He brought in the Fuller Class. He, before Dabo,is the first one that realized ,if he could get em on campus he had a chance. Not saying he would have been a great HC,just saying AD/Pell screwed him out of the chance.

That Fuller class might still be the best class at Clemson. That's saying a LOT .

Nov 11, 2018, 4:42 PM

I would have picked the same two players, even though I love them all!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 3,587
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic