Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tua sure was a lot of hype without much accomplishment
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Tua sure was a lot of hype without much accomplishment

Jan 6, 2020, 12:37 PM

For him to be such a "generational talent", he didnt accomplish much. His greatest claim to fame is taking over for Hurts vs UGA. Make no mistake about it, that was Hurts team.... not Tuas. He seems like a good kid, but hes not the talent Bama, the SEC, and eSECpn tried to make him out to be.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He has a national championship ring and there's no way

Jan 6, 2020, 12:41 PM

Bama wins that game without him. He also won the SEC Championship as a sophomore and made it to the national championship game. I'd say in 3 years he accomplished a lot, especially given the 2 injuries he experienced last year and this year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

With the talent he had around him, anything less than 2-3 Nattys

Jan 6, 2020, 12:44 PM

Should be considered a disappointment

Re: With the talent he had around him, anything less than 2-3 Nattys

Jan 6, 2020, 12:49 PM

he had one. This year he was hurt. The max he could have gotten was 2 but we stopped that.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: With the talent he had around him, anything less than 2-3 Nattys

Jan 6, 2020, 12:49 PM [ in reply to With the talent he had around him, anything less than 2-3 Nattys ]

If Clemson weren’t so dominant it would be a disappointment. However, you may be diminishing his accomplishments too much. Tua was a winner and a good player. He suffered three injuries and played through two of them, often winning while injured. He’s tough.

drunk the kool aid you have***

Jan 6, 2020, 4:54 PM [ in reply to With the talent he had around him, anything less than 2-3 Nattys ]

Re: He has a national championship ring and there's no way

Jan 6, 2020, 9:15 PM [ in reply to He has a national championship ring and there's no way ]

I think the legend of Tua was a lot more narrative than on the field accomplishments.

1. Tua played 1/2 of the Georgia National Championship game in 2017 and is credited with the win.

2. Tua went 14-1 in 2018 with nice wins over 3 loss Georgia, 3 loss LSU, 4 loss TAMU and 2 loss Oklahoma

3. Tua went 9-1 in 2019 with a loss to LSU and a best win over 5 loss TAMU.

Tua was hurt late in 2018 with an ankle injury. Tua was hurt in 2019 with an ankle injury and severe hip injury.

Is it too critical to suggest Tua's career was more narrative than substance?

Tua started with a bang versus Georgia in 2017 CFP. In his entire career his best wins were the first one against Georgia and he beat Oklahoma in the CFP semifinal in 2019. His other best wins were over 3, 4, and 5 loss SEC teams. His highest award as a QB was 2nd Team All America. And he was the QB of record in the worst loss Nick Saban ever (?) posted as a Bama head coach.

Probably me just looking to closely at the facts instead of the emotion of that first win over Georgia in the last game of the 2017 season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tua sure was a lot of hype without much accomplishment

Jan 6, 2020, 12:52 PM

As others said, he did win a ring... and that is the important part. Who knew that backup QBs would be the bane of Kirby Smart

And if Alabama had a defense like those of the early 2010... they might have made Santa Clara close (within 7 points). Might have needed to punch it in the redzone in the 4th rather than take a knee.

Jan 6, 2020, 12:55 PM

I think he's the best they've had since The Snake .
He's also apparently a really good dude with a strong character according to what I have read about him and seen of him .

Good luck to the kid .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

He sure won an awful lot of ball games and

Jan 6, 2020, 12:58 PM

probably beats anybody else in the National Championship last year. It just so happens that another generational talent had too many weapons. Did you want Tua to cover Ross or something? Why talk about Tua as if he were Jake Fromm?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2020, 1:10 PM

He's the best qb Bama has ever had. He'll be great at the next level.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2020, 1:21 PM

Hey, he was the first Alabama QB in a long time who was actually a threat to complete passes downfield. Can't blame them for being excited.

Jan 6, 2020, 1:45 PM

Dissing Tua is silly. He had accomplishments most college QBs can only dream of. After giving so much to the Alabama program, I wish him the best in the NFL.

Watching he and his parents hug after beating UGA two years ago was awesome despite my feelings about Alabama.

you are the toughest grader I’ve ever seen***

Jan 6, 2020, 1:47 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's like the old f@rt who sits near you at the games...

Jan 6, 2020, 1:58 PM

and b!tc#es about every play on offense and defense that doesn't result in a TD or a tackle for loss.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: It's like the old f@rt who sits near you at the games...

Jan 6, 2020, 11:26 PM

Or he boos and says things like “ we got out coached “ .

Dude, seriously?

Jan 6, 2020, 9:47 PM

He won a ton of games, including conference titles, several bowl games, and a national championship. He rarely lost. He was a national player of the year, a Heisman runner up, and set numerous school records. He was a good student and is widely considered a fine young man.

I can’t stand Alabama, but it’s easy to acknowledge what an outstanding player Tua is. He’s had an outstanding college career, and will likely be a top 10 draft pick.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

That one hail Mary he threw a couple of years ago was

Jan 6, 2020, 10:00 PM

pretty good.

Not much since then.

Jan 6, 2020, 10:05 PM

Hmm idk if you can say that. He was the best QB to ever play at bama, he won a national championship and if it wasn't for the down year on defense for bama they probably would of been back in the championship game even with Tua's injury.

Jan 6, 2020, 11:30 PM

He did throw a pretty sparrow .

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic