Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tua on what went wrong
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Tua on what went wrong

Mar 20, 2019, 4:51 PM

At least he didn't make any excuses
https://twitter.com/bamainsider/status/1108360167584862208

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Tua on what went wrong

Mar 20, 2019, 4:52 PM

Venables...nuff said

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so...

Mar 20, 2019, 4:58 PM

BV is the first D Coord to have a disguised defense? I think BV is the greatest Defensive coach on the planet, but I am surprised if this is the first time we (or any team) has played with a disguised look. Was Bama so used to what they had seen from our D that it shocked them?

Asking for friend.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

I think a big part of it...

Mar 20, 2019, 5:07 PM

...is that we were one of the only teams that could do that often because we didn’t have to rely on a fifth pass rusher (due to our monster DL) and that left us free to rotate coverages more freely. So yeah, it’s equal parts a great plan, and also having the guys to carry out the plan.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think a big part of it...

Mar 20, 2019, 5:59 PM

thanks much!

So basically, that flatbrained schedule Bama played had them so soft int he head that they were easily outcoached once they ran into the brainsaw called BV?!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: so...

Mar 20, 2019, 5:20 PM [ in reply to so... ]

They should have known this if they watched ANY of our film. What Tua doesn’t want to adjust is that he has a tendency to stare down receivers and our D line didn’t give him time and out secondary watched his eyes.

Re: so...

Mar 20, 2019, 7:10 PM

The disparity in his performance against us, UGA, LSU, and Miss St versus the rest of the teams they played is pretty stark. You expect that against better defenses stats and efficiencies to decrease at least to some degree but he cratered compared the rest of the teams he played.

It's why I think a lot of the talk about him going #1 and teams tanking for him is overblown. The NFL is all about parity and against defenses that had at least comparable talent to the bama offense he was decidedly average at best.

the SEC is duuumb***

Mar 20, 2019, 5:33 PM [ in reply to so... ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 20, 2019, 5:31 PM

In his post game interview, he said our D did no really do anything special....

so this is finally admitting that Trevor didn't just throw up 50/50 balls too?

And that Clemson didn't just do a bunch of copy cat stuff?

And that their assistant coaches didn't just start to suck and become inexperienced after going 14-0?

And that they drew a tougher team in the semi?

And that Georgie stole half their recruits

And that the SEC grind wore them out while Clemson cruised all the way there?

And that Clemson prepared for them for 8 years while they only had two days to prepare for Clemson?

…..no Tua, I don't believe you anymore

Mar 20, 2019, 5:36 PM

I am just glad the kid can walk and converse again after being obliterated in January. My guess is that he still thinks Reagan is president and that just makes it more bizarre since he wasn't even born yet.

Yea...it's called coaching !!!***

Mar 20, 2019, 5:54 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Mar 20, 2019, 6:20 PM

I wish i was an Oscar Meyer wiener....That is what i'd really like to beeeeee....'Cause if i was an Oscar Mayer wiener...Tua could take a bite of me...

Drake Wore a Bamer shirt. Pants too tight. Ate 2 much

Mar 20, 2019, 7:03 PM

It don't matter what he says!
The media will act like it was a fluke. They really should do some type of study on this! A double blind( double blind ) test using the analyst and their "feelings" about bamer losing to as Coach Swinney put it, "little old Clemson"!
The things that must be swirling around their little SEC-PN brains as excuses must be amazing! Tua at least tried to give football reasons. Next season as they try and get him to stop starring down his pre-snap reads; he will look better. Going against weak SEC defenses. When he plays someone that will make him return to what he knows in a crunch. in a pinch. when the pressure is on. He will return to what he knows best!
Which is telegraphing where he is going to throw it.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Drake Wore a Bamer shirt. Pants too tight. Ate 2 much

Mar 20, 2019, 7:11 PM

Also, as I said last season! Most teams they face will not have the type of Edge rushers we will field this season. Including but not limited to SEC defenses. XT and KJ. Mascol and Foster. It's really silly-great! He won't have time to set his feet and will panic and return to his old ways: "if we meet up"! I say they lose before then honestly!

Remember, they lost their "bad coaches" who went to Michigan and Miami! They will look more like the traditional bamer next season under Sarkisian. Unless he has people who remembers the scheme the old OC's used. But, people go with what they know in a pinch( again ). Can Tua play under center? New offense: no offseason where he gets to play behind Hurd all season until the championship game. Or a whole season where he rips up SEC defenses in a wide open offense. Very good yes; but good enough to beat the contenders?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 20, 2019, 7:11 PM

You mean to tell me he played against all those great SEC defenses and not one of those teams disguised anything when playing them......What does this tell you about their competition in the SEC.........Go Tigers!!!!

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic