Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Trevor Lawrence vs Justin Fields
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

Trevor Lawrence vs Justin Fields

Dec 21, 2017, 2:52 PM

Who is better? Both are coming out of Georgia. Just about everything I heard about Trevor says he's by far the #1 player in the country, and best QB in years. Yet ESPN said last night that Justin Fields is the #1 QB and #1 player in the country. Didn't Lawrence break almost every high school record in Georgia? I'm confused.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes.***

Dec 21, 2017, 2:52 PM

Snowflake Basher........Out

Yes is the correct answer. +1***

Dec 21, 2017, 3:18 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yes.***

Dec 21, 2017, 4:15 PM [ in reply to Yes.*** ]

Justin fields claim to fame is his 7 on 7 team beat Treavor Lawrences 7 on 7 team in to win elite 11 MVP. Those 7 on 7 drills are ok for what they are, but do not and cannnot simulate an actual game. Big difference is they are throwing to defended receivers. What they do not have is a mean nasty 350 pound linebacker who wants badly to knock their tails in the dirt. That only happens in games and how a quarterback passes then might be a bit different. They do not even wear helmets in those 7 on 7 competitions. In games on the field Treavor Lawrence has been better...period!!!!

Dec 21, 2017, 4:18 PM

I have never seen a 350lb linebacker

Dec 21, 2017, 6:09 PM

I think I have , and he played HS football in Darlington County , at Clemson and for the Pittsburgh Steelers. I believe he got up to around 260 while at Pittsburgh.

Name that Tiger !

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Dec 21, 2017, 6:34 PM

Big Levon Kirkland. I've seen him at gym a few times. Dude is massive and a great guy as well.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mr. Kirkland, #44. Major Harris could have answered you as well....***

Dec 21, 2017, 6:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Yes.*** ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2017, 6:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Yes.*** ]

We need a 350 lb linebacker...

They are different type qbs in my opinion. I think ours is

Dec 21, 2017, 2:53 PM

More polished and will outperform JF. But JF May win a Heisman. We will win championships.

Is this real?***

Dec 21, 2017, 2:56 PM

Re: Trevor Lawrence vs Justin Fields

Dec 21, 2017, 2:58 PM

ESPN has Lawrence as the #1 overall pocket passer, and Fields as the #1 dual threat. They also have Fields as the #1 overall and Lawrence as the #2 overall.

247 has them ranked the same way, except they have Lawrence as #1 overall and Fields as #2 overall. Rivals has it the same as 247.

I'll give you a simple answer that is irrefutable.

Dec 21, 2017, 3:00 PM

Every team that went really hard after Fields first went really hard after Lawrence....

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: I'll give you a simple answer that is irrefutable.

Dec 21, 2017, 3:17 PM

That is a GREAT answer. Kind of puts the whole issue to rest.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well ESecPN has to play up their sec boys.***

Dec 21, 2017, 3:00 PM

Dec 21, 2017, 3:06 PM

Lawrence earned his rankings on the field. Fields earned his at camps. Fields also has the injury bug. Bad.

Dec 21, 2017, 3:17 PM

esecpn. What else do you need to know?

Dec 21, 2017, 3:32 PM

Fields no doubt is a good athlete and will make some noise in the future. What separates Lawrence from him is his understanding of the game. Mentally Trevor is most likely the best developed high school player to ever step onto the college scene. He has the physical skills, mental talent and attitude to to be Clemson's best QB and maybe the best college QB ever. I wish him the very best, good health and would not swap him for every player georgia signed yesterday!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Elite 11 Performance

Dec 21, 2017, 3:23 PM

JF bested TL - in a 7 on 7 format - and everybody started drooling over JF.

IMHO, I think we got the right guy.

Though some ( CLEMPZENtygurs® ) would probably say it’s because I’m a racist...

GO TIGERS!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Re: The Elite 11 Performance

Dec 21, 2017, 3:49 PM

Let's not forget DW didn't win the MVP at the Elite 11 either. It's almost been a curse for whoever wins it.

2016 - Tua Tagovailoa ( Has only seen the field in mop up duty for Bama )
2015 - Shea Patterson ( Had an average year for a 6 win Ole Miss team, transferred to Michigan )
2014 - Blake Barnett ( Rode the bench at Bama. Currently riding bench at ASU )
2013 - Sean White ( Struggled at Auburn before losing out to Stidham. Eventually kicked off team )
2012 - Asiantii Woulard ( Who you may ask?....Exactly.... )
2011 - Jameis Winston & Neil Burcham ( Burcham never threw more than 2 TD's )
2010 - Jeff Driskel - ( Struggled at Florida before eventually transferring to Louisiana Tech )

So that's a total of 1 guy that had a successful career that won the MVP this decade. Needless to say Elite 11 MVP's don't have the best track record.

Pretend to be Dabo, call Smart and ask he'll swap.

Dec 21, 2017, 3:25 PM

Then just to put your simple mind at ease pretend to be Smart and call Dabo. If the first call doesn't satisfy you the second one will.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TL is better. why are you even postig this nonsense though?

Dec 21, 2017, 3:55 PM

Let is play out over the next few years.

Dec 21, 2017, 4:19 PM

Don’t get me wrong I am thrilled with TL. However it’s funny that TL is a better fit for UGA and JF for Clemson based on style of play

Dec 21, 2017, 4:34 PM

> Don’t get me wrong I am thrilled with TL. However
> it’s funny that TL is a better fit for UGA and JF for
> Clemson based on style of play

Nooooo....

Trevor Lawrence is called a "pocket passer" because he's big, tall, and white, but the dude can seriously motor when he pulls it down and decides to go. Most of his highlights are him throwing on the move a lot...his high school team moved the pocket a lot with him because they didn't protect him real well, and the dude is better than Deshaun Watson was (which is saying something!) at extending plays with his feet while keeping his eyes down the field.

One game I was watching with him, he rolled right to buy time, looked like he was headed out of bounds...right at the line, he pulled up, threw across his body - which you're never supposed to do, like, ever! - and hit a guy 40+ yards downfield. In stride. On a post route. Thrown an inch away from the sideline.

Never seen anything quite like that before.

If you're the opposition, what the heck are you supposed to do? You flushed him, chased him, he was headed out of bounds...and somehow tags a 40-yard post route anyhow?

Add in the kind of receivers and run game Clemson is likely to have and it starts getting kind of unfair. Especially when there's going to be this 350-pound man-mountain OT called Jackson Carman guarding his blind side. Be interesting to see what Lawrence can do, you know, when he actually has time....

Also, Lawrence played in a read-option spread offense much like Clemson's.

I think he'll fit what we do just fine.

TL's vision is unbelievable...

Dec 21, 2017, 4:56 PM

He is never looking anywhere but downfield, but has the pocket presence to know who is around him.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2017, 6:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Trevor Lawrence vs Justin Fields ]

Thanks Quozzel- you couldn't have said this any better! I completely agree with yr analysis.+1

I was formally known as Furious george and have changed my name to match the name I use to call on WCCP radio.

Dec 21, 2017, 4:24 PM

I think they are likely both great QBs if used properly. I am just glad one of them came here! I think we could see a lot of Clemson vs Georgia in the CFP the next 3 years. Should be fun.

Dec 21, 2017, 4:58 PM

All those records TL set while in high school...his senior season, after 9 games, he had only played in the 2nd half in one game.

Dec 21, 2017, 5:00 PM

very simple.....ESPN = Fake News.......Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!

I've seen both play

Dec 21, 2017, 5:39 PM

It's not even close to me. It's Trevor and to me it shouldn't even be a discussion. The analyst can have their opinion but I didn't even have Fields as my second ranked QB. I had him sixth at his position and 59th overall.

Dec 21, 2017, 6:32 PM

TL has thrown 41 TDs and one INT this yr! Never heard of a stat like that before. Also, I think he may throw the ball on the move better than anyone I've ever seen at any level of football! Think about that!

Message was edited by: Furious george®

I was formally known as Furious george and have changed my name to match the name I use to call on WCCP radio.

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic