Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Trevor Lawrence
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Trevor Lawrence

Jun 6, 2019, 10:48 AM

Was a truly amazing college quarterback as a true freshman. He was almost flawless as he led the Tigers to a national championship. It’s impossible for me to imagine how he is going to improve in his sophomore season .... but he will!

It must really be a hoot to get to coach a kid like this.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Trevor Lawrence

Jun 6, 2019, 10:52 AM

Agreed - I remember in spring and fall Dabo saying that at this point in their careers, TL was ahead of where DW4 was at the same time. I didn't believe it at the time and just thought it was coachspeak. I have never been so happy to be proven wrong!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 6, 2019, 11:04 AM

Right Bill. If there is such a thing as a human robot, TL is it. As I watch him on the field it’s as if he has been programmed to make the best play every time he gets the ball in his hands. In reality, I guess he has been programmed by a group of coaches who are unworldly at times themselves. We sure are a fortunate fan base and I hope the Tiger fans will spend their time praising our leaders and less time degrading the ‘less fortunate’. We could have been stuck with a muschamps but our leadership was just to far advanced for such a faux pas!

Jun 6, 2019, 7:57 PM

Well said! Let's give a shoutout to his high school coaches as well!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 6, 2019, 11:05 AM

I think we’ll see him run the ball s little more. He’s added a lot of muscle and there were times last year when he probably should have kept the ball and could of easily got at least 5 yards but handed it off instead. That’s the only area I see that he needs to improve on

Jun 6, 2019, 11:21 AM

Why would you want to see him run the ball more? He's a huge target and also that's not his game. We have Etienne to run the ball

Jun 6, 2019, 2:16 PM

Agree with Tigerpride ... Speaking with an FSU fan this week at work, he said some (half-a$$) FSU fans were stating online if they need to take shots at TL16 after the whistle blows, they need to go for it. They see it as the only chance to compete with 2019 Clemson team.

Sad, yes. But many teams, players and coaches will think and practice the same philosophy and leave it unsaid. So hopefully TL16 will carefully pick his spots when running.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 7, 2019, 7:48 AM [ in reply to Re: Trevor Lawrence ]

It’s not that i want to see him run the ball more, i was just pointing out the only area I know that he could improve on. Plus, you know Dabo loves to run the QB. We saw it with TB, DW, KB and Trevor ran it a lot during the second half of the bama game. I’m sure Trevor will have a couple designed runs called way during the season

Jun 7, 2019, 7:25 AM [ in reply to Re: Trevor Lawrence ]

While I enjoy a good scramble and run by the QB just to frustrate the D, I would be very comfortable if he never ran again. I know that won't happen, so I am glad he has gotten a good slide coach.

Gonna be one fun season to watch.***

Jun 6, 2019, 11:29 AM

And he looks a good deal bigger and........

Jun 6, 2019, 4:00 PM

stronger than this time last year. Will really be interesting to see play!!

Re: And he looks a good deal bigger and........

Jun 6, 2019, 4:09 PM

I wouldn't have TL run more than 1 or 2 times a game. That keeps um guessing and he may break a long one with his speed.

Jun 6, 2019, 7:36 PM

Was a truly amazing college quarterback as a true freshman. He was almost flawless as he led the Tigers to a national championship. It’s impossible for me to imagine how he is going to improve in his sophomore season .... but he will!

It must really be a hoot to get to coach a kid like this.

Agreed about his freshman year. I expect he will improve the accuracy of deep deep passes. At times during the season he overthrew our wideouts who burned the safety and would have walked into the end zone. That’s about the only area I saw that he didn’t execute as well as I had expected.

Jun 6, 2019, 11:24 PM

If someone had told you 10 years ago, that a true freshman would lead the Tigers to an undefeated season culminating in a National Championship, would you have believed them?

Not me.

Life is good! Go Tigers!!

Jun 7, 2019, 7:35 AM

He was great but not almost flawless as you stated. He threw up several 50/50 balls which were questionable, missed the screen at the end of the 1st half which would have been a TD and was way off the first couple of series until he settled down. Really good yes but not flawless

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic