Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How can we arrange to get a live tiger in DV?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 2,778

How can we arrange to get a live tiger in DV?

Dec 10, 2015, 11:43 PM

Would like to see a live tiger with a specially made cage up in the air in one of the endzones that is trained to walk back & forth during the games in the cage and is treated like royalty as a tiger when we don't have games! Can anyone make this happen! DV would be off the charts with a live tiger! Forget all the peta junk & let's make this happen!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't want to see one.

Dec 10, 2015, 11:46 PM

Domesticated animals are one thing, but I have too much reverence for tigers to confine them to a cage.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree ... let it run free in the visitor section and

Dec 11, 2015, 8:41 AM

have access to visitor's locker room.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: I agree ... let it run free in the visitor section and

Dec 11, 2015, 8:43 AM
image.jpeg(71.6 K)

I was at the Memphis - Ole Miss game and it made me sad

Dec 11, 2015, 9:14 AM [ in reply to I don't want to see one. ]

to see Tom's the glass sound proof cage in the end zone. Basically the majority of people don't really see him. Maybe the few fans at that corner of the stadium might see him if they walk down to the front row, but I don't see the appeal of seeing a caged animal. They of course claim he lives a great life because his circumstance is all he has ever known. No contact with others of your own species seem cruel unto itself. Interesting though, Tom's upkeep is not paid for by the University of Memphis.

http://www.localmemphis.com/news/behind-closed-doors-tom-the-tiger

Re: I was at the Memphis - Ole Miss game and it made me sad

Dec 11, 2015, 9:18 AM

His old habitat was a dump, only 2,000 square feet. Here's info on the new one.

In 2005, a new $3 million habitat was created for Mike by Torre Design Consortium, LTD. The habitat (situated between Tiger Stadium and the Pete Maravich Assembly Center) features state-of-the-art technologies and includes among its amenities lush plantings, a waterfall, a flowing stream that empties into a wading pond, and rocky plateaus. The habitat has, as a backdrop, an Italianate tower - a campanile - that creates a visual link to the Italianate architectural vernacular of LSU's campus. The new habitat ranks among the largest and finest tiger preserves in the United States and expanded Mike's home to 15,000 square feet (1,400 m2). It also features research, conservation, and husbandry programs, as well as educational, interpretive, and recreational activities. Mike attracts more than 100,000 visitors each year to the habitat and can be viewed via the live Tigercam at MiketheTiger.com.[2][3][1

Would be cool but why cage such a majestic beast?

Dec 10, 2015, 11:47 PM

Would you be happy in a small habitat? I doubt it.

Let them roam free.

Re: Would be cool but why cage such a majestic beast?

Dec 10, 2015, 11:49 PM

What if we used Willy B to let him roam about until it is time for a home game? Since we own that field too we should be able to use it as we see fit.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Would probably take care of their feral chicken problem.***

Dec 10, 2015, 11:52 PM

if you had hollow bones and feathers you may think different***

Dec 11, 2015, 12:24 AM [ in reply to Would be cool but why cage such a majestic beast? ]

Re: Would be cool but why cage such a majestic beast?

Dec 11, 2015, 12:51 AM [ in reply to Would be cool but why cage such a majestic beast? ]

We already had them loose in cootlumbia.... or since we are talking about a real tiger, blue Ridge security would probably be out of job protecting rock.

Turn it loose in cootlumbia and just bring it up on the

Dec 11, 2015, 8:35 AM [ in reply to Would be cool but why cage such a majestic beast? ]

weekends.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Um...no.***

Dec 10, 2015, 11:53 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not a good idea.***

Dec 10, 2015, 11:55 PM

Tigers are on the endangered species list***

Dec 11, 2015, 12:12 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Treat a tiger like a chicken? No thanks.

Dec 11, 2015, 12:22 AM

There's no royalty in being in a cage. Maybe a bird cage...

About the only way I'd ever consider 'caging'

Dec 11, 2015, 12:27 AM

A tiger would be if it could not survive in the wild. Other than that, I wouldn't want to see one of this planet's most beautiful creatures locked up.

Plus, it probably wouldn't be cheap to keep a tiger with a trainer, food, habitat, special vet and insurance. I'd rather hire a special teams coach with that money ??

Those days are gone since "put a tiger in your tank"

Dec 11, 2015, 3:17 AM

some 60's Esso stations had live tigers in cages to advertise "put a tiger in your tank" - The "Esso club" was a real greasy Esso station back then, not sure if they had one? Read Pat Conroy's PRINCE OF TIDES about one getting loose down in Beaufort...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How can we arrange to get a live tiger in DV?

Dec 11, 2015, 7:13 AM

We are arguably the least favorite team in all of sports and caging a wild animal as some kind of folly will certianly fuel the hate. Just deal with and accept the rules are different for, as Dabo calls us " That redneck family that moves into the exclusive neighborhood." As rednecks, we need to learn our place and be grateful we are allowed. So no caged tiger allowed.

"learn our place and be grateful we are allowed"...? BS.

Dec 11, 2015, 8:38 AM

Make it and take it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2015, 7:31 AM

Doesn't LSU have a live tiger? Let them have that tradition. All their others are completely unoriginal.

Dec 11, 2015, 9:13 AM

Yes LSU has Mike the Tiger. If you ever get a chance to go see his "home" it is very impressive. I don't think he's hating life. He's only in a cage when they drive him around the field before the game. I was at one game when he started roaring in the cage which has a mic and it played over the loud speakers. Place went crazy.

Death Valley is sensational enough!

Dec 11, 2015, 7:34 AM

We do not need gimmicks, leave that for the sec.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The new live tiger habitat.....

Dec 11, 2015, 7:46 AM

is part of the next renovation project. It will be adjacent to the parking garage that is being built in what is currently Lot 5.

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Dec 11, 2015, 7:51 AM

We could steal Mike Tysons tiger.......

Dec 11, 2015, 7:51 AM

You might as well wish for a billion dollars, you will never see a live tiger for our mascot.

No...don't need that. An unnecessary expense, not to mention

Dec 11, 2015, 7:59 AM

the senselessness of putting a tiger in a small cage.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Under no circumstances should this very bad idea

Dec 11, 2015, 8:04 AM

be funded or even investigated.

I'd much prefer the university helping create, fund, and staff a REAL tiger habitat and medical treatment center somewhere in Asia to save one of the most beautiful and most endangered species alive on the planet.

We're not talking about a dog....or a chicken...or even a buffalo....all of which are animals which can be domesticated. Man cannot (or at least should not) remove that wild, dangerous glint in a tiger's eye.

The first time alums were approached with this idea was in the late 70's/early 80's when some idiots wanted to bring a tiger to (at the time) to Greenville's Cleveland Park Zoo and haul it 40 miles down the road to DV 5 or 6 times a year. It was resoundingly shot down....as should every other similar suggestion

And please spare us any "Mike the Tiger" discussions........its still a lunatic idea. Tigers belong in their own natural habitat.....and us humans need to take great care they have their own habitat far into the future

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

H e l l to the no no***

Dec 11, 2015, 8:09 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wait...York, is this you!!??? Welcome back!!!***

Dec 11, 2015, 8:10 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2015, 8:43 AM

this idea is idiotic. You want to see a live tiger go to a zoo.

null

Bad idea*********

Dec 11, 2015, 8:45 AM

Not cool, but maybe some Toygers? Anybody have one of these?

Dec 11, 2015, 9:18 AM
toyger1.jpg(6.2 K)
toyger2.jpg(10.0 K)

We need a live tiger

Dec 11, 2015, 9:45 AM

That gets to do a chicken hunt on the field before games.

Replies: 33
| visibility 2,778
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic