Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Travis Etienne
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Travis Etienne

Aug 9, 2017, 1:44 AM

The kid keeps getting rave reviews from Dabo. It'd be great if we could shelve his freshman year until next year. Probably doubtful though.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Travis Etienne

Aug 9, 2017, 5:05 AM

I think he redshirts . He may be getting rave reviews , but there are 3 guys ahead of him in Fuller , Feaster and Choice who have been there longer and put in their time.
We all know that Dano believes in seniority and that has been seen many times over at different positions.
Etienne does look like a great RB though, I think we stole a great one late from LA!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Aug 9, 2017, 6:19 AM

I thought Dano's job was to "book 'em".

Aug 9, 2017, 6:35 AM

Why would we redshirt honestly? Especially for a RB. We do that and we're looking at 2 years from him max before he moves to the NFL.

RBs are more likely to leave early anyway considering the shelf life of an NFL RB. I say play him situationally this year and then obviously he'll have a bigger role next year for more pt. You never know though he could push the starters this year for all we know

Aug 9, 2017, 6:47 AM

The days of keeping guys in your system that are NFL caliber after 3 years are pretty much gone. The type of athlete Clemson is now getting is a notch above. In other words, these kids are coming in ready to play as freshmen and don't need a year to acclimate to the college game.

Message was edited by: fencebusters®

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 9, 2017, 8:49 AM [ in reply to Re: Travis Etienne ]

I think you mean 2 years minimum... and that's if he's able to take enough playing time away from Feaster to be a feature back and get drafted early

Aug 9, 2017, 6:58 AM

He could #1 or #2 rb next year and with the possibility of one or both fuller and choice not being there. Got to get some experience. Gor to get another gem this class. No redshirt!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 9, 2017, 8:51 AM

At this point it's just a guess, but, I would think he will see some playing time. I don't think we have seen his type of acceleration in a running back since Spiller!!!! He'll play!!!!

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 9, 2017, 8:53 AM

Feaster..?

Aug 9, 2017, 9:44 AM

Yes, acceleration. There is a difference between top-end speed and acceleration. Though I would describe E's ability as more of an extremely quick first step. Watching him in the paw drill, he finds the hole and immediately kicks it into high gear through the hole. Feaster on the other hand has apparently had some issue getting to the hole too soon, before it fully opens up for him.

It amazes me that people are making these kinds of

Aug 9, 2017, 10:37 AM

critiques and projections.

What we know that is meaningful about Feaster: #1 RB out of HS. Spiller-like track speed. Showed that speed on a few occasions in mop up duty playing with scrubs in very limited action last year. 5-11, 222.

What we know about Etienne that is meaningful: Track speed similar to Feaster, also highly rated coming out of HS. Some have seen a clip of him performing a drill in practice. 5-11, 197.

Coaches have been very positive when talking about both.

Come on guys.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: It amazes me that people are making these kinds of

Aug 9, 2017, 10:41 AM

I will try to find the video or quote. But that isn't my critique. His fellow RB teammates (I believe CJ in particular) complimented Etienne's unique first step after practice yesterday. And I remember watching an interview in the spring where Dabo discussed how Feaster is almost "too fast," getting to the hole too soon. That's not my critique.... I'm only repeating what has been said. I'm not saying Feaster hasn't vastly improved, and I am actually very excited to watch him play this year. His added strength has me very hopeful.

I saw those comments too, and have no doubt that they are

Aug 9, 2017, 11:33 AM

the honest impressions of those who gave them. I'm not land blasting you, just pointing out how some folks make all kinds of unwarranted assumptions and predictions just because they are excited about possibilities for a particular player.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic