Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Totally agree with Samuel L. Jackson about Coach K
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Totally agree with Samuel L. Jackson about Coach K

Mar 27, 2016, 10:26 AM

So, Coach K dogs a kid, Lies about it, Half ### apologizes & ... It's All Good??!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Totally agree with Samuel L. Jackson about Coach K

Mar 27, 2016, 10:47 AM

I think he definitely made a mistake about lying about what he said. I do think that he was offering constructive criticism when at the end of the game his team had acknowledged the loss and stepped back playing no defense. It's just a sportsmanship thing and shouldn't be made to be bigger than it is. I'm no NC fan by any means but if this had happened to us we would all be saying the same thing.

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

I suppose Coach K gave up on teaching Grayson Allen any

Mar 27, 2016, 11:04 AM

sportsmanship --- so he can have more time to help everyone else.

Mar 27, 2016, 11:19 AM [ in reply to Re: Totally agree with Samuel L. Jackson about Coach K ]

Agree

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What was he suppose to do with 3 seconds left in the shot clock?

Mar 27, 2016, 11:22 AM [ in reply to Re: Totally agree with Samuel L. Jackson about Coach K ]

Just hand the ball to Duke? He threw up a heave at the basket, and it went in. So what? If Duke cared so much about it they should've defended it. I mean the shot clock was running out with the game clock still in play, most everybody takes that shot, only when Duke gets embarrassed is it a big deal.

Mar 27, 2016, 12:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Totally agree with Samuel L. Jackson about Coach K ]

It's not a mistake...it's been going on for years. Coach K and dean smith were two of the worst. Rick Barnes almost got in a fist fight with Dean one for "talking to my players" ...it was a profanity laced comment and Barnes went nuts. As a former coach I never spoke to opposing players except "good game" when it was over. Coachs talk to coachs , players talk to players, adminstrators talk to administrators. That's always been the unwritten rule, unless uou are Duke or UNC and think you are above the rules.

I always admire Rick for being one of the few to stand up

Mar 27, 2016, 10:55 PM

to the almighty Dean Smith. Smith was as big an asss as anyone.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 27, 2016, 11:10 AM

the shot he took was about 30 feet away!! What are the overall odds he makes it? I believe it was poor taste for coach K to discuss it with the player. He should have talked with Oregon's coach. I guess K thought Oregon would just lay down and let Dook win.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

how much time was left on the shot clock?

Mar 27, 2016, 11:14 AM

exactly. It's the same as going for it on 4th down instead of taking 3 more points. Not piling on, just taking a wild shot. Duke could have defended it better if they wanted to.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm Glad They Got Beat

Mar 27, 2016, 11:16 AM

F Puke

2016 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

I heard the ESPN radio show when LSU/NFL alum

Mar 27, 2016, 11:39 AM

Marcus Spears uttered this same line of absurdity....K needs to keep his big mouth in check when he's addressing opponent's players.....it STRONGLY reminds me of the famous Rick Barnes/Dean Smith face-off when Smith re-asserted to ACC officials and Clemson fans everywhere that he was "above" the game (that game specifically) and could say anything he wanted to opposing players--so, rather than getting rightly tossed, the ACC commish later "invited" the 2 coaches to his house to discuss the issues.

I think there's little doubt K said the things the Oregon player reported and the legendary coach and also the greatest coach in the history of the ACC should be held accountable---if he misses ONE game early in the season with more back problems, the NCAA has quietly done so

Message was edited by: tigrjm76®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 27, 2016, 11:18 AM

Sorry can' t agree with that racist, SLJackson about anything.

Yet if Coach K was a black guy, Samuel L. Jackson would be praising him.

Mar 27, 2016, 11:34 AM

What a racist hypocrite he is.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

dead wrong about that, Samuel L Jackson has criticized...

Mar 27, 2016, 1:08 PM

certain black figures.

Ya, about being too white***

Mar 28, 2016, 7:17 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 27, 2016, 11:52 AM

I don't really care that he had a few things to say after the game in the heat of the moment. But feeling the need to lie about it. That just makes me question him on a personal level. Make a mistake.....face the consequences.....is that not what coaches should be teaching?

Mar 27, 2016, 1:21 PM

How did he dog the kid? The kid hit a 3 with no time left and he felt disrespect. I'm sure the oregon coach teaches to play to the finish and I would have shot it too possible but Coach K has the right to do and say what he wants when it comes to basketball.

Mar 27, 2016, 4:43 PM

How does he have the right to "do and say anything he wants" exactly? Maybe he should spend less time coaching other teams players and focus on teaching Allen how to play the correct defense with his feet.

Call me a born again Samuel L. Jackson fan***

Mar 27, 2016, 1:30 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Call me a born again Samuel L. Jackson fan - bet you're

Mar 27, 2016, 1:40 PM

not Charles Barkley then. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like pina coladas ...***

Mar 27, 2016, 4:46 PM

And gettin' caught in the rain.***

Mar 28, 2016, 8:25 AM

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic