Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Not to be rude but would you say LSU is a one year Flash in the Pan Team?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Not to be rude but would you say LSU is a one year Flash in the Pan Team?

Jan 3, 2020, 2:21 PM

Saying..They were a very good 10-3 team last year while JoeB was pretty good too but not the QB he is this year..and he’s finished his 5 year eligibility.

So, how well does LSU do next year with so many excellent players leaving?

And, the same could be said of Clemson even though TL16 returns but Oline is gone & lots of Dbackers.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They go right back to sucking hind ### in the $EC West...

Jan 3, 2020, 2:22 PM

One hit wonders.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: They go right back to sucking hind ### in the $EC West...

Jan 3, 2020, 3:26 PM

"Macarena" – Los del Río (1996)
"Tainted Love" – Soft Cell (1982)
"Come on Eileen" – Dexys Midnight Runners (1982)
"I'm Too Sexy" – Right Said Fred (1991)
"Mickey" – Toni Basil (1982)
"Who Let the Dogs Out?" – Baha Men (2000)
"Ice Ice Baby" – Vanilla Ice (1990)
"Take On Me” - A-ha (1985)
"Rico Suave" – Gerardo (1990)
"99 Luftballons" – Nena (1984)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2020, 3:27 PM

“That Thing You Do” by the Oneders/Wonders

Jan 3, 2020, 6:51 PM [ in reply to Re: They go right back to sucking hind ### in the $EC West... ]

“Hey, Hey Little Cobra” The Rip Chords (1963)

"Return of the Mack" ~ Mark Morrison....***

Jan 4, 2020, 1:23 AM [ in reply to Re: They go right back to sucking hind ### in the $EC West... ]

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LSU is a one year Flash in the Pan Team.

Jan 3, 2020, 2:25 PM

They had a good season at 14-1. Will not be back.

Re: LSU is a one year Flash in the Pan Team.

Jan 3, 2020, 11:21 PM

Definitely caught lightning in a bottle this year with a transfer QB and getting lucky with half Bama’s starters being injured. Next year they’ll back to being Bama’s little brother in the division. As always, a supremely talented roster that is destined to fall short.

Re: Not to be rude but would you say LSU is a one year Flash in the Pan Team?

Jan 3, 2020, 2:27 PM

Please be rude and let's say they are 14 game team only.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2020, 2:44 PM

I'd say so. If Burrow, who they had nothing to do with developing, hadn't fallen into their laps they would be getting their typical mediocre QB play and wouldn't have even made the CFP. They have a good solid program but wirhout an all world QB it wouldn't matter and since they've never really developed a great QB on their own there's no reason to think LSU is going to become a quarterback factory.

Jan 3, 2020, 6:48 PM

Was Burrow a great QB when he got to LSU or did Coach Brady's scheme make him a great QB ??

If it is the latter, then who is the next QB to play great in that scheme.

Jan 3, 2020, 11:40 PM

Who is to say that Coach Brady's scheme cannot be stopped once Coach Venables shows the world how to do it?

Bama will have several quality DBs next year (if they're not all banged up by November). If BV shows the world how to stop LSU, Bama's guys will shut down an average LSU QB using Venables' blueprint.

So Coach Brady better have some adjustment tricks up his sleeve, or it's back to Bama in the SEC West.

Re: Not to be rude but would you say LSU is a one year Flash in the Pan Team?***

Jan 3, 2020, 2:51 PM

I disagree with most on here...

Jan 3, 2020, 2:53 PM

I think Joe Brady is a great schemer and can make an offense work for any QB. Maybe not at this year's level because of Burrow, but with an above average QB, they will be above average.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Jan 3, 2020, 3:14 PM

For starters it's not rude...I've been saying LSU actin like new money. Their players, etc. when interviewed lack class, humility, respect, etc...they definitely act like new money; and I would agree, after Burrow and many of their stars leave, they likely won't be back to the CFP anytime soon. Let's be honest, they hit it on a good year because after watching the Bama/LSU game, if Tua had been at 100%, I don't think that game is even close.

Jan 3, 2020, 6:51 PM

A Clemson fan claiming that LSU acts like new money is hilarious.
You sound just like those OSU ### holes last week (& with less foundation).

Jan 3, 2020, 6:54 PM

LSU is barely relevant. Similar to Tennessee...Y’all yoosta be

Will they go undefeated regular season next year? Prob not.

Jan 3, 2020, 3:19 PM

You know, because SEC. But I see them being a legit top 10 team.

I say this with no knowledge of their personnel next year with the exception of Burrows leaving.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Will they go undefeated regular season next year? Prob not.

Jan 3, 2020, 3:28 PM

They'll be very good, but not 14-0.

maybe not 1 year but definitely Notre Dame like***

Jan 3, 2020, 3:29 PM

Jan 3, 2020, 3:31 PM

I think that things lined up great for them this year and they finally played to their potential. Tough schedule yes but if you think about it have they played a top team without MAJOR injuries when they played LSU?

Jan 3, 2020, 6:44 PM

Biggest questions for LSU: Is Coach Brady staying ? Who's their next QB ? I have to think that, other than that, they are generally as prepared to reload as we are. They always have well ranked recruiting classes.

Biggest questions for us: How ready will our young O-Line be ? JC will stay at left Tackle. I am not sure how much playing time Bockhorst, Stewart, Putnam, and Reeves have gotten (can anyone help me out here ?), but only Putnam is a freshman, so it's not like they are raw. Plus we have four 4 stars and four 3 stars coming in (counting TE). So they made need some time to build chemistry but I think we will be fine and improve as the year progresses.

My biggest concern for us is in the secondary. Muse and Wallace are gone & Terrell is probably gone, too. That leaves DK as the only returning starter (He will be a shutdown corner next year) Goodrich will be the other CB and I am not sure what the injury status of Booth means for next year (How long will the surgery keep him out). Nolan Turner will return at safety.

Man, that's a lot of experience, cohesiveness, and leadership saying goodbye. Plus Simmons and Smith will be gone - OW !!

As far as LBs are concerned we have three 4 stars who are going to have to grow up fast. Davis should be able to help immediately at the third CB and Mickens at safety, but it is going to be a bit scary at first as they become experienced and gel as a unit.

All of that being said, the D-line should be monstorous: Rudolph, Davis, Thomas, and Henry should be ready to take a big step forward and they will be challenged by Bresee, Murphy, and Capehart. Hopefully those beasts will be able to cover for some breakdowns in the secondary, especially early in the season.

Let's win the Natty first and then we will see how 2020 works out. I am very optimistic about both.

Jan 3, 2020, 9:02 PM

Joe Burrow and Joe Brady together are LSU's secret sauce. They make this team so unique by LSU standards. One or (probably) both guys won't return.

Depends on how you define "flash in the pan". They will return to being a top 10-15 team but not a championship contender with a super-dynamic passing game.

Jan 3, 2020, 11:53 PM

I think Clemson is about to play their best game of the year...

Jan 4, 2020, 1:27 AM

No. Their recruiting is at new levels.

Jan 4, 2020, 7:05 AM

Yea our recruiting is getting even better, but we already had the 4/5th most talented roster in the nation. Hell Clemson's roster is the 9th best. We have 3 4* QBs behind Joe burrow on the bench and are the front runner for #1 DT QB Caleb Williams for the 2021 class. We also should be better as a whole at the WR, RB, and TE position next year. So yea QB play should go down, but our skill positions should be better. Hopefully we can keep Joe Brady or replace him with another spread guy, cuz God knows we have the money to afford whoever we want.

Totally Dependent Upon

Jan 4, 2020, 10:40 AM

the quality of QB play LSU receives next season.

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic