Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Took off my orange glasses, still can't see
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Took off my orange glasses, still can't see

May 13, 2014, 10:51 AM

HOW the coots are so highly ranked in preseason polls despite losing Shaw, Clowney, Ellington, Quarells (sp) Hampton etc. 10? Seriously? I thought maybe it's just me wearing my orange glasses so lets step back and find the positives (then I puked) to see if Im missing something. They are...M. Davis and a mediocre QB with some experience. Help me out here folks.

Clemson loses Boyd and Watkins and they're questions on Offense blah blah blah.

Look at the returning Defense...it's unreal.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it's called $EC hype***

May 13, 2014, 10:53 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Easy SEC LEast schedule gives them guaranteed wins***

May 13, 2014, 10:53 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Easy SEC LEast schedule gives them guaranteed wins***

May 13, 2014, 3:19 PM

I guess. Honestly I see them losing 4 this year.

they are 18-0 at the little coots staduim

May 13, 2014, 11:14 AM [ in reply to Easy SEC LEast schedule gives them guaranteed wins*** ]

Texas A&M, Georgia, and Clemson playing their this year.
The only travel tough game for them is at uburn school.

If they escape the uburn game, they have a shot at making it to the final game.

So the schedule is a bit easy and in their favour.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson Is Coming" says Stephone Anthony (Class 2011)"
"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

Re: they are 18-0 at the little coots staduim

May 13, 2014, 11:19 AM

Coots play in Death Valley

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Coots do play at death valley -- I missed that

May 13, 2014, 11:47 AM

thanks for the correction. For some reason, I thought we played in our house last year but you are correct Sir.

Go Tigers

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson Is Coming" says Stephone Anthony (Class 2011)"
"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

Favor

May 13, 2014, 11:40 AM [ in reply to they are 18-0 at the little coots staduim ]

This isn't merry old England.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Took off my orange glasses, still can't see

May 13, 2014, 11:03 AM

Pointless in spending any energy on it. It will work itself out once the season starts

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

May 13, 2014, 3:30 PM

Absolutely right! Always does! Lol

Well, about three games into the year

May 13, 2014, 11:05 AM

we're going to find out who we are, aren't we? And none of this will matter.

May 13, 2014, 11:06 AM

vs Texas A&M LOSS
vs Georgia LOSS
vs Missouri LOSS
at Auburn LOSS
vs Tennessee ?

Saturday, November 29, at Clemson...STOMPED!

they will beat aTm im afraid.***

May 13, 2014, 11:27 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

aTm returns 4 offensive lineman.

May 13, 2014, 2:33 PM

They're pretty much identical to SCar in terms of players lost and coming back. I do think aTm will be improved.

Not a guaranteed W for SCar. It would not shock me to see aTm win this one.

Re: aTm returns 4 offensive lineman.

May 13, 2014, 5:03 PM

It would shock me. aTm has zero defense.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Problem is that they don't play many great teams

May 13, 2014, 11:35 AM

1. ATM won't be very good next year without Manziel. If a team like Duke can embarass their defense and pretty much shut down everybody except Manziel on their offense (even shut Manziel down for 3 quarters), then what are they going to look like this year? ATM will most likely be starting Kyle Allen, a talented freshman, but not a guy who can scramble and create anything like the kinds of plays Manziel did.

2. ECU was pretty good last year, but won't beat South Carolina at home unless ECU can find some defense. I can see them scaring SCU, but in the end Mike Davis will wear them down like he did UCF.

3. UGa will be a little better on defense than they were last year, but their offense will be almost entirely run reliant. I think they are a better team than SC next year, but I don't think either team is great so SC may end up winning at home.

4. At Vandy. Lost their coach and most of their talented recruits. They may give SC a game, but I think SC wins.

5. Not sure how SC beat Missouri in Missouri last year. Mizzou's defense won't be as good as last year, and their offense will be depleted without Dorial Green- Beckham. This should be a close game, but I think SC wins it at home.

6. Kentucky scared SC last year, and I actually think they'll be pretty good on offense after recruiting pretty well the last couple of years. I still don't think their defense will be good enough to stop Mike Davis.

7. Furman.

8. SC will lose at Auburn.

9. Tennessee should be a much better team than the one that beat SCU last year, especially on offense. They bring in Josh Malone and Jalen Hurd at positions (WR and RB, respectively) where freshmen can shine. If this was at UT again, I'd be pretty confident in a Tennessee win, but it will probably be close since it's in Columbia this year.

10. Florida will probably not be very good on offense again this year unless Driskel stays healthy and their passing games improves. However, their defense should still be pretty good, and this game will be in the swamp. If Florida can move the ball at all, they may win. If Driskel continues to suck, SC will win.

11. South Alabama.

12. Clemson. I think Clemson's the better team on paper, but I've thought that for the last 2 or 3 years, too. I can't imagine us losing 6 in a row to them.

So their schedule really is the reason why they're ranked so highly. Clemson and Georgia are by far the best teams they play next year, and both Clemson and Georgia have some question marks.

Re: Problem is that they don't play many great teams

May 13, 2014, 12:14 PM

you forgot to say they only play Clemson, UGA and Auburn as the great teams.

Cannot leave off those Tigers.

May 13, 2014, 11:58 AM

"They are...M. Davis and a mediocre QB with some experience."

I guess we're not talking about the same "M. Davis and a mediocre QB with some experience" that came to DV 2 years ago and kicked our butts??? Could they possibly be even BETTER now? Inquiring minds want to know. :)

May 13, 2014, 12:07 PM

You mean the Mike Davis that had 15 carries for 22 yards against us last year? That guy? And he's going against the same dline. Yes, they got us two years ago @ home. Can't argue that. But we did have a banged up, depleted secondary that made a 55% completion QB look stellar. Welp, that crowd is gone. Coach Reed has a much better secondary and will get some help up front.

May 13, 2014, 12:36 PM

Polls are based almost solely on past successes. Also, most of the voters are SEC homers so that is why so many SEC teams are ranked year in and year out. Nobody believes the coots were the 4th best team in the nation last year, except cooties of course. But they had a weak schedule and were way over ranked at the beginning of the year. Combine that with not playing the top 4 teams in the conference, you get a high ranking. How can you be highly ranked if you don't play Auburn, Alabama, LSU, or A&M. How do you get that easy of a schedule ? No, this year, they are way,way over ranked again but they don't have that easy schedule again. Things will be different this year. The planets will re-align themselves.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dude. Is you an iggit or something? This is how the SEC

May 13, 2014, 1:01 PM

keeps their 1/2 loss teams above everyone else's. When they start playing each other - this makes all of their losses to Top 10 teams.

May 13, 2014, 2:00 PM

Clemson didn't lose just Boyd and Watkins.

Clemson also lost Martavis Bryant, Tyler Shatley, Roderick McDowell, and Brandon Thomas.

In summary, we lost our five best players on offense. Maybe six if you put McDowell in there.

I think Mike Williams and Charone Peake can be really good. I think Jordan Leggett could step up. I like Stoudt and am confident a decent RB will emerge, but the doubts aren't SEC bias so some ridiculous thing like that. They're legitimate concerns that I believe we will largely overcome en route to winning 8-9 regular season games.

True & CU moved down in polls. SC did not. Thats the point.***

May 13, 2014, 2:45 PM

Re: True & CU moved down in polls. SC did not. Thats the point.***

May 13, 2014, 4:59 PM

South Carolina finished fourth, now they're around 10-12 in the preseason polls, how is that "not moving down"

Who cares? Rather sneak up as underdogs!***

May 13, 2014, 2:32 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They'll use any excuse to top load Polls with SEC teams***

May 13, 2014, 5:56 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 13, 2014, 6:26 PM

Bottom line win the first 3 games and the Tigers will move up the polls. Wins over UGA and FSU would have Clemson right where they need to be.

Partly because of Spurrier being their coach. Love him

May 13, 2014, 6:38 PM

or hate him, he and his staff have done a remarkable job at SC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic