Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Too early to tell
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 1,418

Too early to tell

Sep 9, 2018, 9:20 PM

Just like we thought we struggled against Auburn when the pre-season polls had them rebuilding and they ended up being one of the best teams in the country, don't judge our performance against an unranked Texas A&M team until we see how they do this season.

While we got our share of breaks, three of their passes could have easily been intercepted and our defensive line hopefully won't go against an offensive line that is given the freedom to hold as much as they did (and did more of when they realized it wasn't getting called).

This game is definitely good for us if we want to make another run for the title. Unfortunately our SOS probably won't be too good this year, so no room for a let down or overconfidence.

With both KB and TL getting significant snaps, it will be tougher for opponents to run their scout teams to prepare for both, it gives us options if one is struggling, and has an experienced backup ready to jump in if needed due to injury and won't be any different that before.

Great job taking care of the ball, other than not jumping on the dropped sideways pass.

Getting out of Kyle Field with a W is huge no matter how Texas A&M ends up doing this season.

Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Too early to tell

Sep 9, 2018, 11:07 PM

Agree 100%, especially on how much our D-line was held. I honestly don't think I've ever seen a team get away with that much holding.....maybe Bama is close. Must be a $EC thing that their is no such thing as holding against OOC teams. What's worse is it was ACC officials.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 1,418
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic