Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
To the feathered faithful
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

To the feathered faithful

Feb 8, 2015, 1:38 PM

I have been reading a lot of talk from the feathered faithful lately about how these Jucos they brought in are going to instantly turn their team around. I believe even the head chicken himself said something to the effect, that they brought in 30, nearly a third of our team... new look, better product. Heres the thing, instant coffee does not compare to the true brew,in fact, it leaves a bitter taste. Instant grits will not stick to your ribs and taste like matted fiber. If you are looking for instant success and gratification.... do it right... in other words like CLEMSON and Dabo! THAT IS ALL!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not one of those Jucos would start for us***

Feb 8, 2015, 1:39 PM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: not one of those Jucos would start for us***

Feb 9, 2015, 7:18 AM

We don't even know if these guys will start for us.

But purely based on recruiting rankings it's hard to argue Marquavius Lewis wouldn't start for Clemson.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Feb 9, 2015, 7:22 AM

Where was he ranked in high school?

Maybe we should compare "apples to apples"?

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Feb 9, 2015, 7:32 AM

Why would it matter where he was ranked in high school?

He's going to be a junior in college this fall.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 9, 2015, 8:57 AM

I knew you would have a comeback.

Because you were comparing their ratings.

Note your statement - "But purely based on recruiting rankings it's hard to argue Marquavius Lewis wouldn't start for Clemson."

That's why. Apples to apples.

Where was he rated coming out of high school?

We don't delve into the JC ranks too frequently.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Dynamite go BOOM***

Feb 9, 2015, 9:02 AM

Notice how c0ckof09 completely avoided this....LOL***

Feb 9, 2015, 2:16 PM [ in reply to Re: not one of those Jucos would start for us*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

I'm wondering

Feb 9, 2015, 12:57 PM [ in reply to Re: not one of those Jucos would start for us*** ]

Have you seen him play? Ever?

Feb 9, 2015, 9:59 AM [ in reply to Re: not one of those Jucos would start for us*** ]

M. Lewis probably cracks the two deep but would not start.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Feb 9, 2015, 11:16 AM

Who would start over him?

I can see a reasonable argument for Lawson but who would be the other?

Feb 9, 2015, 11:37 AM

Ebo and Dodd

Feb 9, 2015, 11:42 AM

You're reaching there and you know it.

Feb 9, 2015, 11:45 AM

Isn't Lewis WDE. No way he starts over Shaq. Also, Lewis's numbers were not earth shattering at the Juco level. 11 sacks in one year? I think Vic Beasley would have had over 25.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Ebenezer-Ogundeko-136416

Ebo is going to be starting at SDE.

Feb 9, 2015, 12:45 PM

Lewis is a SDE but like Lawson, he can play either side.

Feb 9, 2015, 12:48 PM

I think he's a good player, but he would have a much harder time starting for us than you. He's guarnteed a starting spot and you know it.

Feb 9, 2015, 12:50 PM

That is a completely different argument than you made.

Clearly we have no established DEs and you have 1 established DE.

Feb 9, 2015, 12:54 PM

My opinion is the same, he does not start us for but cracks the two deep.

so he'll have to get used to seeing both this...

Feb 9, 2015, 12:56 PM [ in reply to Re: not one of those Jucos would start for us*** ]

and this?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who's to say you aren't reaching and know it?

Feb 9, 2015, 1:01 PM [ in reply to Re: not one of those Jucos would start for us*** ]

Reading through just a few of your posts shows without a doubt that reaching is about all you ever have. You already know that. That's a strange hobby you have there - posting bull shat on your rivals website then challenging for hours on end with zero objectivity. Then you claim others are reaching? Funny stuff kid.

Re: Who's to say you aren't reaching and know it?

Feb 9, 2015, 1:08 PM

Welcome back Stanley.

In his defense

Feb 9, 2015, 1:13 PM [ in reply to Who's to say you aren't reaching and know it? ]

the entire media was reaching when they had them ranked #9 at the beginning of the year.

But really their bigger concern is on the offensive side of the ball.

Feb 9, 2015, 1:36 PM [ in reply to Re: not one of those Jucos would start for us*** ]

Lewis is like any other freshman. He's no Clowney by far. I believe he would have the possibility to come in and challenge for a starting spot here but in the end there is too much of a learning curve for a freshman. Think about it. When's the last time y'all had a freshman start and make a significant impact besides Clowney? Don't worry I'll wait. Ebo, Dodd, and Yeargin have been in the system longer and has more of a shot to start. Based on the reports that came out of practice last season Yeargin is pushing for the starting spot. Dude is legit. So if Lewis did come to Clemson I just don't believe he start day one. And I honestly don't think he'll even be too effective for y'all either. He might have a 5 sack season. Which would still be decent for e freshman.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 9, 2015, 1:38 PM

This is what sucks about Juco. Most come in needing to learn the speed of D1 football and are freshman all over again. Once they're up to task, they're gone. So you hope to get 1 good year out of a juco.

Feb 9, 2015, 1:45 PM [ in reply to Re: not one of those Jucos would start for us*** ]

You gotta give them some credit. Lewis is big time I don't know about starting but he would be in the 2 deep day 1 with a chance. I wish with all the loses we took we would have gotten him. that being said what we have on campus at DE is much better than what they have even with juco.

Feb 9, 2015, 1:49 PM

I didn't say he couldn't crack the two deep. I'll give him a shot at that but not the starting lineup.

Feb 9, 2015, 1:52 PM [ in reply to Re: not one of those Jucos would start for us*** ]

And I think Bryant and Ferrell are really good. They will push to avoid a RS.

I agree with Bryant

Feb 9, 2015, 2:06 PM

Most underrated guy in the class even though he's a 4 star. Coaches are really high on Huggins. He'll play DE some as well.

If TIGERnet gives you one......

Feb 9, 2015, 12:54 PM [ in reply to Re: not one of those Jucos would start for us*** ]

will you venture back to the chicken coop where you belong? On that note why have you spent half your life perusing your rivals website?

Feb 9, 2015, 2:12 PM [ in reply to Re: not one of those Jucos would start for us*** ]

Lewis may be good for a year or two...cause that's all he has. But he wouldn't by any means start over Shaq Lawson. That's a fact! We got a load of D-line recruits(FRESHMAN) that are much more talented and higher ranked than Lewis. Might want to take notice of what we brought in this year and who Shaq Lawson is. He's not on the top 10 breakout year list for no reason.

http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/79580/acc-morning-links-breakouts-for-2015

Feb 9, 2015, 3:08 PM

Did you read my posts?

I clearly acknowledged that Lawson was a locked in starter.

Re: To the feathered faithful

Feb 8, 2015, 1:48 PM

I hope they NEVER "get it" when it comes to recruiting. I want them to fail miserably at everything....forever.

I thought you could only sign 25 a year and only have 85

Feb 8, 2015, 1:52 PM

total. But I guess you can sign 30 and have 95 total in the SEC

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I thought you could only sign 25 a year and only have 85

Feb 9, 2015, 10:45 AM

USCjv lost 39 players this past season. They only had 30 commit and not all of them will make it in.

You must have ventured to fighting coot forum, theyre

Feb 8, 2015, 3:45 PM

The most delusional fans of anything I've ever seen, most coot fans won't even claim them. Most coots I've seen or heard talk about recruiting juco players so heavily at the end of this recruiting cycle especially have spoken of it as its out of desperation, they're not happy with a large amount of the juco players they picked up over the past few months. However now you don't really hear much football out of them or men's basketball for that matter, it's all women's basketball and baseball for them now. They're the one fanbase that would resort to bragging about women's basketball.

Feb 8, 2015, 5:00 PM

Every one of these JUCO recruits went the junior college route for a reason. They either weren't good enough to get a scholarship at D1 schools or had grade / behavior problems. So let me get this straight; through two years of coaching/training by JUCO staffs in JUCO facilities and playing against other JUCO opponents, they're now going to transform the Yardbirds into a powerhouse program. I bet Alabama and Georgia are frothing at the mouth they didn't get to sign all these great JUCO's. You gotta love a "coots" logic. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 8, 2015, 7:44 PM

Judico coot players = party down at 5 points ,. old coach goes to bed early ,.,. party

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 9, 2015, 1:33 AM

Not only will most Jucos be mostly average quality, they will only be around 1 or 2 years instead of 3 or 4 years. You may get a lucky peak here and there but team continuity will suffer over the long haul.

Stop Gap onesy or twosy emergency move to fill unexpected needs from injury.

Please also tell this to Dan Snyder...

Feb 9, 2015, 8:08 AM

For far too long, he's tried to buy his fantasy team, rather than proper drafting, and just take a look how productive the Redskins have been lately.

It's going to be a blast seeing the wake-up call slowly

Feb 9, 2015, 3:01 PM

take effect next season in Columbia. Out of 31 players in this class, the top 20 players in it weren't enough to push the team to the top 20 in recruiting rankings. This on the heels of losing 39 players from last year's roster. We know they'll have a fair number that won't qualify on top of that, so entering summer their roster is already going to be on the thin side, and heavy on shorter-term talent. And how does that impact their next recruiting class, which is going to have to be high again on numbers before any further attrition kicks in, with 1 less year of the dwindling Spurrier tenure in play? And of course the year after that as well with so many JUCO's now in the mix?

Add in some resurgence among the SEC's traditional East powers and before they know it... poof. It will be fun hearing their fans and media spin this once it ensues.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic