Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
To the "Stoudt should be the starter" gang..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,004

To the "Stoudt should be the starter" gang..

Sep 10, 2014, 1:20 PM

kid has never started a game, but I am seeing everything from he's the seasoned veteran to his dad was an NFL quarterback as to reasons why he should start over Watson. Back during baseball season I made a post about Okey and Boulware and how I thought Boulware was done a bit wrong in that situation. I was told by some of you that I was ridiculous and that Okey was the star and the highly rated player and he was much better than Boulware was and should be the one behind the plate even if he is a true freshman even though Boulware had a outstanding season the year before. Pretty sure some of you are the ones who are now dismissing the people that want to see Watson as quarterback even though he is the higher-rated, better quarterback and should be the one under center.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: To the "Stoudt should be the starter" gang..

Sep 10, 2014, 1:22 PM

He has started 2 games.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know who that crowd is.... I don't see anyone

Sep 10, 2014, 1:26 PM

claiming Cole should be the starter. What I do see is people who are good with Cole starting b/c that's what Dabo and Chad think is best right now.

There is a huge misconception here. People are coming to Cole's defense b/c he's played well, and some on here still want to throw him under the bus. It's not about who should start, but it's about "why"?

No one is remotely close to arguing that DW couldn't start for us. The problem is the group that wants to jump on Cole b/c SCSU dropped a pic, and DW had one impressive drive against UGA.

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: I don't know who that crowd is.... I don't see anyone

Sep 10, 2014, 1:32 PM

I'm not looking to throw anybody under the bus and that certainly includes Stoudt. I just find it funny the double standard that is on this board.. you should know that York

again... I haven't seen anyone argue Stoudt over Watson

Sep 10, 2014, 1:36 PM

just b/c he's better...

I have seen Stoudt over Watson b/c the coaches feel like that gives us the best chance, and we'll go with that.

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

I think that's hardly an apples to apples comparison.

Sep 10, 2014, 1:40 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't know who that crowd is.... I don't see anyone ]

Most people's position re: Stoudt/Watson seems to be that they trust the coaches to make the right call because:

The coaches have seen both Stoudt and Watson play more than anyone on TigerNet;

They know how much of the playbook and offense both QBs know;

They know the physical limitations of both QBs;

They know how diligent both QBs have been with game film of themselves and of opposing defenses;

They know how well both QBs can read defensive formations, blitzes, etc. on the field at this point in their careers; and

They know that it's irrational to think a person who gets paid to win games would jeopardize that by not starting the players who put them in the best position to win (and that is never based solely on talent or potential).

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2014, 1:34 PM

Can't believe Boyd has started both games this year!!!!

Sep 10, 2014, 1:47 PM

Everybody has a opinion so I'm going to give mine. I do think Cole should start. It gives Watson time to stand on the sideline and observe the flow of the game and he appears to have a high IQ for football. Cole hasn't made any huge mistakes other than the INT at Georgia, his stats are on line with Boyd's from last year, so is he really hurting us. I think the two QB's are working for us at this time. I still believe after the SCS game Saturday they should have used Fleming more to get us out of terrible field position, either running the ball or as a blocker for the other backs to work off of. Just remember Florida won the BCS with two QB's. So why doesn't everybody take a deep breath and see how this plays out. Just be thankful we have two very good QB's right now because what are we going to do next year?

the only reason he should be starting is because...

Sep 10, 2014, 1:35 PM

the coaches say so.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We, like BOTH QB's, trust the Coaches judgement on this***

Sep 10, 2014, 1:41 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can You Share With US What you have seen in practice?

Sep 10, 2014, 1:46 PM

I am by no means an expert...All I have seen is just the actual games where Cole and Watson both played pretty good in the 1st half of the UGA game and both got shut down in the second half when UGA adjusted..

As far as the SC State game, I think I could have started and had good numbers against that defense...

I am guessing you have seen something or know someone us average Joe's are missing because I cannot imagine from the body of work we have seen in just 2 games such a radical change is needed in the QB depth chart..

As I said..I am no expert and really rely heavily on smarter guys like you!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Sep 10, 2014, 1:47 PM

My "GANG" has Dabo and Chad in it.

Trump that!!

You Bunch of wanna be Coaches need to pick up your Playstation.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,004
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic