Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
To Play or Not To Play???
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

To Play or Not To Play???

Jul 7, 2020, 12:47 AM

This is really simple ... and it applies to all college and high school sports and really to all schooling period...

1) there is no way to keep it from spreading through schools or sports...

2) the only way we continue forward is to just say “let’s be normal and the heck with the consequences” !!! But make no mistake ... there will be consequences and people will die that shouldn’t have or we thought wouldn’t ... that’s ok... if everyone is ok with it...

3) you can’t have competitive sports when players are quarantined for 7-14 days if they are exposed:.:think about it...no way that works...if a player test positive then do players who came in contact with them over the past 14 days have to quarantine for the next 14 days??? It’s ludicrous... it causes imbalance in competition...it will never work...the only way sports gets played is if everyone agrees that it doesn’t matter who has it nor when!!!

I really do t care one way or the other...but if anyone in any arena thinks somehow we can control this in any type of environment then they are sadly mistaken...the NBA will prove this to be true!!! But at least they are trying!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: To Play or Not To Play???

Jul 7, 2020, 1:30 AM

I say make it available and players can either choose to not play or play and fans can either choose to go or not go just leave it up to the individual.

Re: Its A No Win Situation Without The Cure ---

Jul 7, 2020, 1:36 AM

It may slow the athletic developments in the players if they take another year off....especially those transitioning to the pros.

It may end up killing one of these beloved players if they play.

Its crazy.

Jul 7, 2020, 4:05 AM

It's not looking good. What if we play a team and the opposing teams QB test positive a day after our game with them. Our entire defence would have to quarantine (this is due to all the sacks naturally!)
Also I don't think giving the players the option to play is fair because all of them would feel pressure to play plus it is a huge liability to the school. I don't see it happening and I am bummed.

Jul 7, 2020, 9:21 AM

So many issues I'm glad that I don't have to decide on.

Do you fill the stadium or reduce capacity? How exactly are you going to fairly reduce capacity in the stadium? Season ticket holders only get to go to one or two games? IPTAY will be flooded with angry calls.

Tailgating for ticket holders only? Every other parking spot?

What about the businesses that depend on the revenue generated by fans coming to town every week?

I would much rather have football with either no fans, or students only, than not at all.

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic