Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tired of the CFP Committee already...this was the year they
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Tired of the CFP Committee already...this was the year they

Nov 7, 2019, 4:42 PM

bowed down to the media hype. Actually surprised it took this long. There is no consistency in the rankings; they put the teams where they wanted and then used ambiguous criteria to justify the ranking. Total BS.

Time to go to an eight team playoff with 5 conference champions (6 if you want to include the highest ranked champion from the group of five) and (2, if you include a group of 5 champ) or (3) at large teams.

This takes away the committee's power and ESecPN's influence. More importantly it rids college football of the SOS, SOR, eye-test, rorschach test, domination index, preganancy test, and whatever other BS the committee uses to rank. Use a modified BCS to choose the at-large teams or let the committee choose. Simplifies everything...if you want in win your conference. If you want an at-large berth schedule strong OOC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't agree. More teams = more influence. This would give

Nov 7, 2019, 4:55 PM

ESPN even more power.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No...if you are conference champs you are in the playoff

Nov 8, 2019, 7:42 AM

so either 5 or 6 automatic. The 2 or 3 at large berths are by a BCS type selection OR let the committee decide those.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Most regular season games won't matter if it's 8 teams***

Nov 7, 2019, 4:56 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Regular season would improve, and all games would matter

Nov 7, 2019, 5:15 PM

if today's Top 4 got to host the first round, and we get rid of divisions and go regular season conference champ.

Dabo said our game @ NC State would mean less at 8, but if we're fighting to be a Top 4 and host a first round, it matters greatly, as do all the rest still. Bama / LSU game is in the same boat.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Most regular season games won't matter if it's 8 teams***

Nov 7, 2019, 5:18 PM [ in reply to Most regular season games won't matter if it's 8 teams*** ]

Allows more SEC teams to get in with their patented Quality Losses.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

They'll matter just as much as they do now. If you don't

Nov 8, 2019, 7:46 AM [ in reply to Most regular season games won't matter if it's 8 teams*** ]

win your division you can't win your conference championship, so your best bet is to win them all.

Georgia would be in with a horrendous loss.

Nov 8, 2019, 9:04 AM

with a 12 game regular season, a 4 team playoff is perfect.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Tired of the CFP Committee already...this was the year they

Nov 7, 2019, 5:19 PM

HAHAHAHAAHAH!
The never ending pregnancy test!

Nov 7, 2019, 7:49 PM

6 teams
5 conference champs
1 at large

Committee convenes only once to determine the at large and the seeding of the teams.
3 vs 6 and 4 vs 5 matchup to determine the next round.
1 vs winner of the 3/6
2 vs winner of the 4/5

This takes most of the subjectivity out of the equation and the regular season truly matters.

Not perfect but takes a lot of the hype out?

Of course you spice it up and allow the best of the group of 5 have the 6th spot. Talk about your chaos and whining from the sec.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 7, 2019, 8:20 PM

I don’t like 6...nobody should get a bye.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Correct.***

Nov 8, 2019, 4:03 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 7, 2019, 8:15 PM

The Conference Championships ARE the quarterfinals. I thought this has already been discussed ad nausea. Also, the entire regular season would be pointless and instead of (them) trying to get 2 SEC teams in, (they) would be trying to get 4 SEC teams in. The best way to expose the bias is to have 4 limited spots and when they pull (their) shenanigans, it's obvious to all of college football. If you have 8 spots, it might be less obvious when they sneak one of (their) teams in the back door.

Nov 7, 2019, 8:43 PM

That would be awesome if they used conference championship like that. We have already seen them put in non champions in twice, heck they technically put in a 3 best SEC team in already. To their credit Alabama went on to when the National championship that year.

But using conference championship like a quarterfinal seems like a no brainier. Win your in and lose your out. Sorry to those teams that doesn't even make your league's conference championship but, you dont deserve to play in the playoffs either.

Nov 8, 2019, 7:48 AM

The more I think about them s hiting on Clemson this week . The madder I get, it almost felt like a loss this week. I know it doesn’t too much matter but really it does.

8 team playoff resolves most issues

Nov 8, 2019, 8:12 AM

and I've been saying this all along. As you stated the 5 power 5 conference champs are in, and then 3 at large teams are in based on rankings done by the CFP committee or something similar. This won't resolve everything, but it will stop teams and conferences from getting screwed over like the PAC 12.

Yeah I know, the PAC 12 hasn't been super competitive in recent years, but they don't even have a chance when they are automatically eliminated due to there being only 4 slots and half the media wanting multiple SEC teams in there every year. This would have also resolved the UCF issue a couple of years ago because they would have been in as an at large.

At any rate, they just need to cut the crap and go to 8 and be done with it as putting teams in based on hard logic (i.e. winning the conference) takes all of the bias out of it. Sure the 3 at large teams will probably be controversial, but based on recent years of college football there's usually only a couple of elite teams and then everyone else, so it will work itself out during the playoff.

Oh yeah, and to your media hype comment I totally agree. The bias this year is absolutely sickening.

I think they bowed down to TV executives. In a few weeks,

Nov 8, 2019, 8:27 AM

they will actually vote for the 4 best teams. Right now, it's all about the LSU/Bama game, and the upcoming OSU/PSU game. We are sitting at #5 because TV executives know there is more advertising power when you have the very top ranked teams playing. Unfortunately for us, we don't have a marquee game coming up. But rest assured, they will make sure our undefeated Tigers are in the Top 4 when the actual playoffs roll around. They don't want the Nation to miss seeing Trevor, ETN, and Dabo against Bama, or Ohio State. That's golden.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic