Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This explains a lot.....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 301

This explains a lot.....

Jan 21, 2021, 10:33 AM

https://www.aarp.org/health/conditions-treatments/info-2014/celebrities-with-hearing-loss-photo.html?intcmp=AE-HEALTH-HEARING-POPULAR-SPOT1&CMP=EMC-CSN-DIS-OTH-HEALTH-Hearing_January_2021-1086601-1423703-01212021_FamousPeople_HDL_HealthHygiene-5171421-&encparam=

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've got what Clinton has - put me in a crowded room

Jan 21, 2021, 10:55 AM

with background noise and I cannot understand a word you say. Put us in a quiet room and I can hear you whisper. PIA.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm kinda like that too. I can't hear certain tones

Jan 21, 2021, 11:15 AM

like cellphone rings or one of those smoke detector alarms, especially in noisy settings. I don't know how many times in a restaurant or social setting that I have had people have to tell me that my own cellphone was ringing. Even on full volume I can't hear a phone ring unless I'm in the exact right spot.

I just keep it on buzz now permanently.

I can hear pretty well otherwise.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I haven't had a phone with an audible ringtone since Nextels

Jan 21, 2021, 11:42 AM

were the thing in construction.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tinnitus sucks a big one. Had it since my late teens...

Jan 21, 2021, 11:01 AM

bird huntin' and loud rock&roll seem to be the culprits. Got worse in my 30s, ENT doc gave me a masker, looks like a hearing aid, but it emits a broad band white noise to, get this, "mask" the ringing in your ears. Worked great, except I couldn't hear shid with that thing in my ear. Tried accupuncture, it helped a little. Found some hippie dippie shrink that took me through some meditation sessions. Needless to say, I had low expectations, but I'll be dang if it didn't work. I still have it and if I listen for it, the ringing is noticeable...but he effectively gave me a way to teach my brain to just ignore it. Freaky, man

I left de Mike last year and had mine checked

Jan 21, 2021, 11:18 AM

80 db loss in upper frequencies on the left. Audiologist questioned me and I said yes on exposure to loud concerts, guns, childhood ear infections, and just about everything else she brought up. Decent results so far. Hearing aids now are adjustable for proximity and direction by using an app on my phone.

Re: I left de Mike last year and had mine checked

Jan 21, 2021, 11:19 AM

Should have read "de Nile"... autocorrect

When I had mine checked about 5 years ago

Jan 21, 2021, 11:21 AM [ in reply to I left de Mike last year and had mine checked ]

doc said nothing could help with my situation, but I think the technology has improved. Soon there will be solutions that you don't have to pay an arm and a leg for, Bose has one now, but it is a pretty large collar looking thing.

I think Apple and others will get into this market - cannot call them hearing aids but they will help with blocking out unwanted sounds and background noise.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Got my wife these...

Jan 21, 2021, 11:49 AM

she has a processing thing where when there is a lot of noise around her she gets auditorially overwhelmed by sound. These things have made her much more able to handle the constant cacophony of sound in our house.

https://www.flareaudio.com/collections/hearing/products/calmer

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 301
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic