Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Time to back away from the ledge
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,172

Time to back away from the ledge

Sep 11, 2016, 8:57 PM

It's going to be ok. Relax. Calm down.

We are just a few plays away from no one ever mentioning our "struggling" team's performance. I am going to highlight some of them below:

1. Against Auburn, we had quite a few plays that would have broken the game wide open. Mike Williams had a slant that any college WR should catch, he had a kinda weird jump ball at the front of the endzone that most college WRs should catch, and he had a diving ball at the back of the endzone that only WRs like Mike Williams (which there are very few) should catch. If he makes only 2 of these 3 plays, we would be saying, "yeah we were just a little off, just 1st game cobwebs."

2. Against Troy, we had a ton of plays that would have broken the game wide open again. Ray Ray is obvious... That is 7 points. We had another 7-8 drops from our receivers, and a couple of overthrows from DW4 that were TDs. If we make even 75% of those plays, yet again, we would be saying... "OK, we can still play better, but nothing to worry about."

Look, we are in the very center of all of our opponent's sights. There is no flying below the radar, surprising anyone, or even playing above our skill level. A nearly "perfect" game now means that we play at our standard. This is going to be rare. We are finally at the point now where if we play incredibly, that just means that we did what everyone expected. This is a VERY good thing.

The good news as well, is that it is mainly our offense that has had some trouble. It would be much more concerning if it were the defense. If the defense was really hurting, we would be looking at them saying, "shoot, maybe we just arent very good." The offense, however, consists of possibly the most talent in all of college football. We know it is not a talent issue, which means it is super fixable. This is not to say that the defense has been perfect. It has not. However, we have answered a lot of the questions coming into the season. Our D Line will be awesome. Clelin is going to be a beast, Dexter already is. We know Wilkins and Watkins are fantastic. Then, we will get Austin Bryant back as well. Kendall Joseph has proven that he will be a solid answer to our question at MLB, and Tre Lamar will be awesome. We know what we have with Boulware. Jadar is the true center fielder that we have been missing, and was about a quarter of an inch away from having another beautiful interception against Troy. Tank is going to be fine, and a mixture of Marcus, Ryan, and Mark will be perfectly serviceable as a #2. I do not think that Van Smith is the answer, even though his stats last game showed a lot of tackles. He was out of position a lot, and was caught in no-man's land quite often. Out of all the questions on replacing our stars on defense, I think we are still left with only 1, at safety.

Trust me I get it. Seeing the players we had coming back on offense this year, I was ready to see 600 yards of total offense a game. It hasn't happened. But that is OK. We will figure it out, we will get in a rhythm. Trust in Deshaun, and do not forget that he is possibly the best college football player we have seen since Scam Newton. For the defense, trust in Venables. He has proven again and again that he will coach up a good defense.

We play these games for a reason. This is why we don't look at the top 4 rankings at the beginning of the year and say, "OK, let's just do the playoffs now". We are going to have some great and some bad times this season, but I have faith in our incredible staff, and we will get everything together.

We have SC State to continue to find the rhythm, shake off the cobwebs, and get our confidence back. And that is exactly what we are going to do. So step back from the ledge, and let's look forward to next Saturday.

Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're wasting your time here. The ones currently on the

Sep 11, 2016, 9:38 PM

ledge thrive there and enjoy it more than anything else because it's drama and something to whine about. Hace you ever been here during a game? We could be stomping a mudhole in someone and a handful would talk about how we're going to give the game away. Oklahoma last year comes to mind. Just ignore it. Let them enjoy their misery.

Re: Time to back away from the ledge

Sep 11, 2016, 9:45 PM

Whew..that was close you talked me down.
You should start a hotline.

I like what you said, but I think youre off on one thing

Sep 11, 2016, 9:53 PM

Why the offense is "off"

While there have been a few drops and some mental mistakes, thats not the source of the problem. The source is the O-Line. I thought we held up well against a highly touted D- front of AU; but looking back now, I question how good they really are. Troy DOMINATED our O-line all day long. I wish I could point to the newer guys, but it was everyone. Troy was stacking the box, but come on...

We fix the issues there and we will get back in rhythm... we dont and we are in for a rude awakening.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Time to back away from the ledge

Sep 11, 2016, 9:57 PM

WHAT THE FARK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT DUDE?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?

DON'T TELL ME TO CALM DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM CALM!!!!!!!!!!!

Is that you Tommy?

Sep 11, 2016, 10:11 PM

Same stuff I always heard from him. Just a couple of plays away from a championship.

We all saw quite a lot of stuff last year that we managed to skate past. Very close games with teams we should have buried. Now we are seeing it all again. Are we supposed to be blind to what we are seeing? Lots of support for the team and coaches but let's face it - we are excited about the possibilities this year but see it all hanging on a thread.

Go Tigers!

As the man says DON'T JUMP!***

Sep 11, 2016, 10:27 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,172
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic