Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tigers and Notre Shame
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

Tigers and Notre Shame

Aug 12, 2015, 9:37 AM

Everyone talks about all the returning ND players. Does anyone honestly believe that ND has the defensive strength and SPEED to keep up with our Tigers? The answer is clearly no way. We will put up 45 or so against them so the question will be whether we can keep them off the board a couple of times. I believe we will stop them and in the end our speed will prevail big time. I look for 45-17 TIGERS!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It will be a fast-paced game, but a hard fought game

Aug 12, 2015, 9:45 AM

It's going to be a nail biter to the end, one of those Clemson games that we all know took a year or so off of our lives. The Tigers in DV will overcome the bb heads, but just barely.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: It will be a fast-paced game, but a hard fought game

Aug 12, 2015, 9:47 AM

sorry to have to disagree but we will see. I believe ND is very much over rated and will not be able to match our speed obn either side of the ball. Good luck.

I the t.v. gods

Aug 12, 2015, 10:26 AM

allow this to be a real "Death Valley" game and kick it off in the afternoon heat then my Tigers will prevail big time. If we are forced to give up our biggest advantage and play the game if the evening ... it will not be so good!

Agree. Would love to see this kickoff at 3:30. There is more

Aug 12, 2015, 10:36 AM

energy in the Valley in the 4th quarter of a game played out all afternoon. By 6:30-7:00 the sun is setting and as it cools the energy level suddenly picks up and it gets louder and louder like that Miami game in 2005.

Message was edited by: AThomas®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I the t.v. gods

Aug 12, 2015, 11:04 AM [ in reply to I the t.v. gods ]

foresttiger: excellent point!!!

Aug 12, 2015, 9:50 AM [ in reply to It will be a fast-paced game, but a hard fought game ]

It will be a close game.

The difference will be this:

DW, Scott, Williams, Peake and Gallman!

A very fast paced offensive wearing their Defense down.

Final score: Clemson 35. ND 27

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 12, 2015, 11:59 AM

I like that prediction, sounds good to me.

they're talented and now experienced. i respect about any

Aug 12, 2015, 10:48 AM [ in reply to It will be a fast-paced game, but a hard fought game ]

offense with a qb that can move the chains with his feet & zaire can do that.

i'm not convinced they don't try to slow it down some with the run game. they held the ball for over 36 mins against lsu.

should be a great show.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: they're talented and now experienced. i respect about any

Aug 13, 2015, 7:44 AM

It will most definitely be a great show and quite an early test, but the only road trip they will face before heading to The Valley will be a Week 3 trip to Charlotesville, VA. I don't think they will be prepared for the Orange Faithful.

Zaire is a good QB with great feet, but we definitely will game plan against the run like we do in most cases, as well as put a spy on Zaire...similar to Shuey spying Braxton Miller. No way we allow them to slow the game down and pound it down our throats. I don't think our secondary will allow MZ to sling it all over the field either.

I personally believe this game could get out of hand quickly if the Domers don't put a end to our first 2-3 possessions. And their defense isn't built for the speed we bring. Just my opinion.

I'm calling it 38-24

Week 3 will answer plenty of current questions after we face

Aug 13, 2015, 9:40 AM

L'ville and they play GT. Not saying there won't be any surprises come gameday but we'll have a fair pulse on both of our teams by the time we meet even after our week 4 bye week and their tune up game against UMass.

i'm with you cord, i don't know how successful ND will be,

Aug 13, 2015, 10:11 AM [ in reply to Re: they're talented and now experienced. i respect about any ]

but as scar did with connor shaw, keeping clemson's offense off the field might be ND's best defense.

as for the spy, bv will mix things up. still, as much of a beating as miller took in the OB, osu put up 35 points, 27 first downs over 400 yards & held the ball for nearly 33 mins on a top 25 clemson defense.

i also think the charlottesville trip is selling the bulk of the ND players short as they return so many starters from a team that played on the road a good bit last year. in no way am i comparing USC, ASU, FSU or Nashville for the bowl to DV, but they're used to traveling.

a great show, can't wait.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Domer78 aint gonna like this

Aug 12, 2015, 9:48 AM

Or he laughs to self.

Disclaimer: ,I think Domer78 is ok in my book and I think ND will be our toughest game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Domer78 aint gonna like this

Aug 12, 2015, 9:58 AM

> Or he laughs to self.
>
>
> Disclaimer: ,I think Domer78 is ok in my book and I
> think ND will be our toughest game.

It's just one guy's opinion. I think Tiger james will be shown wrong, but he is entitled to make his prediction. I personally think that this is going to be a very close game, decided by a TD or less. I think it is quite possible that Clemson will win this game, just as I think it is quite possible that ND will win this game. I do not think that Clemson is going to score 45 points, however.

I'm sorry.

Aug 12, 2015, 10:08 AM

In advance.

Just remember, I was the first to apologize.

TIGER BALLS.

? for you 78Domer....

Aug 12, 2015, 10:09 AM [ in reply to Re: Domer78 aint gonna like this ]

What true road games did Malik play in last year? Has he played in an environment like he will in Death Valley, which is likely to be a night game? I only follow ND from a distance and don't really know when he took over.

Re: ? for you 78Domer....

Aug 12, 2015, 10:11 AM

well we know he can win on the moon so what will a little old night game at death valley be to that guy.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 12, 2015, 10:14 AM [ in reply to ? for you 78Domer.... ]

> What true road games did Malik play in last year? Has
> he played in an environment like he will in Death
> Valley, which is likely to be a night game? I only
> follow ND from a distance and don't really know when
> he took over.

Here are his passing statistics from last year. For most of the season, he was a back up for Golson, of course. Has he ever played in an environment like Death Valley? Probably not. If I am Brian Kelly, I am going to run the ball a lot, like ND did against LSU in the bowl game. We will see.

http://www.cfbstats.com/2014/player/513/1056692/passing/gamelog.html

Looking at those stats...

Aug 12, 2015, 11:10 AM

There is no wondering why he is so confident coming to DV.

He can OBVIOUSLY cash the checks his mouth writes.

TIGER BALLS.

He sounds like the Sexton kid from UNC about 10 years ago--

Aug 12, 2015, 11:22 AM

I think it was 52-0 when the UNC coach finally pulled his battered self from the lineup.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 12, 2015, 10:25 PM [ in reply to Re: ? for you 78Domer.... ]

Well....

Running the ball might be more prudent!

With one half the field manned by "the island" Mac Alexander....

Passing might not be a viable option for the "back-up" turned starter!

??

Just pray that they are undefeated

Aug 12, 2015, 12:55 PM [ in reply to ? for you 78Domer.... ]

So we get full street cred for the dubya.

I fear they will be 2-2 and people will call our schedule into question in December.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I reward you with a +1. Hope you enjoy the trip if you come!

Aug 12, 2015, 10:43 AM [ in reply to Re: Domer78 aint gonna like this ]

It will be a great game. I wish it was earlier in the year. Mid-September, 94 degrees outside stadium, over 100 inside with our Southern dose of humidity.

Regardless, early enough in October to be close. Most Northern teams start wilting after halftime as has been the case for years in Florida bowl games, toss in break neck speed of offense by Elliott/Scott and your best chance for keeping players upright will be a late night game, unusual cool temps and rain.

If not, ask LSU how it feels to toss your breakfast in the 4th quarter.

Good game- absolutely.

If someone is going to win by more than 10, it will not be Notre Dame

In 2020 I will give you the advantage playing in 30 degree temps with snow. This year, pretty sure it wont snow in Death Valley on October 3rd

Re: I reward you with a +1. Hope you enjoy the trip if you come!

Aug 12, 2015, 10:52 AM

> It will be a great game. I wish it was earlier in the
> year. Mid-September, 94 degrees outside stadium, over
> 100 inside with our Southern dose of humidity.
>
> Regardless, early enough in October to be close. Most
> Northern teams start wilting after halftime as has
> been the case for years in Florida bowl games, toss
> in break neck speed of offense by Elliott/Scott and
> your best chance for keeping players upright will be
> a late night game, unusual cool temps and rain.
>
> If not, ask LSU how it feels to toss your breakfast
> in the 4th quarter.
>
> Good game- absolutely.
>
> If someone is going to win by more than 10, it will
> not be Notre Dame
>
> In 2020 I will give you the advantage playing in 30
> degree temps with snow. This year, pretty sure it
> wont snow in Death Valley on October 3rd

A few thoughts here: It may not get as consistently hot in the upper Midwest as it does in South Carolina, but summers here are not cool by any stretch of the imagination. I have sat through a number of September games at Notre Dame Stadium over the years where the temps were in the 90's and a couple where it approached 100. I agree with you that this will probably be a night game, but I don't think that the weather is going to be that big a deal.
By the same token, I have sat through a lot of November games in South Bend when the weather has been in the 50's and even the 60's. I think that maybe there have been a total of 5-6 games where it snowed in November in the 40+ years I have been attending games there. Date of the 2020 game has not yet been announced, but I would not worry about snow too much.

Well i hope you make the trip down..

Aug 12, 2015, 11:15 AM

It is a pretty nice place and normally good time for visitors-- Just dont wear ANYTHING red or black and you will be welcome by all

Re: Well i hope you make the trip down..

Aug 12, 2015, 11:40 AM

> It is a pretty nice place and normally good time for
> visitors-- Just dont wear ANYTHING red or black and
> you will be welcome by all

I will be there. Got my tickets somewhere in the visitors' section. Should be a good game and a good time.

That's great you will be there!

Aug 12, 2015, 9:32 PM

I always enjoy your posts and am glad you share your thoughts here. I hope your experience in Death Valley is a great one!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: That's great you will be there!

Aug 12, 2015, 9:39 PM

> I always enjoy your posts and am glad you share your
> thoughts here. I hope your experience in Death Valley
> is a great one!

Thanks very much. Considering that ND is going to be playing 5 ACC opponents a year, I thought it would be a good idea to go to an ACC board where serious football is discussed. This is that place. Most of the folks here have been quite welcoming. As for October 2, can't wait to take in a game at DV.

FSU was off last year.

Aug 12, 2015, 10:07 AM [ in reply to Domer78 aint gonna like this ]

We should have beaten them in their house. They will be much tougher this go around. They will be our toughest game.

ND, meh. I'm with the OP. They are over rated and have been for two decades.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think this will be a tough game. Just like the FSU-ND game

Aug 12, 2015, 10:05 AM

last year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ND is the real deal. This will be our toughest game of

Aug 12, 2015, 10:41 AM

the year. They have recruited very well defensively and have speed, size and depth. I don't think we drop 45 on them, either.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Re: ND is the real deal. This will be our toughest game of

Aug 12, 2015, 11:16 AM

Ridgeland: Sure hope they have for their sake! please tell me the last team they played that was explosive as the Tigers? Second, please explain how they will cover all of our receivers. I'm sure you know that DW can pick out the open guy with amazing accuracy and then deliver a pass in a manner dictated by the situation. If my memory is correct last year they were 7-5 in the regular season. So add all these fabulous recruits and they're going to vault into the top 10? No way.

Re: Tigers and Notre Shame

Aug 12, 2015, 12:51 PM

I don't think too many CLEMSON fas are worried that ND will beat us, but simply that they might be the toughest team we play in the regular season.

As for Zaire at QB, I believe he plays a lot like Conner Shaw in that he has a tendency to pull the ball down and run when in doubt. So all we have to do is plan for Zaire like we did for Conner Shaw...Oh wait...

Clemson's potential is definitely higher than ND.

Aug 12, 2015, 1:00 PM

On paper now, yes, Clemson should be better. We will see how it shakes out. If we play up to our potential, then we will definitely win.

I'm just glad we're not playing them on the moon...phweeeew.***

Aug 12, 2015, 9:03 PM

Can you imagine the punts you could kick in that gravity?***

Aug 12, 2015, 9:06 PM

Aug 13, 2015, 10:16 AM

We should have a good measure of how they look on September 5th when they host Texas. We won't have a good measure of how the Tigers look until September 17th. I'll reserve judgement until 9/17.

Still seems odd to me that they finished last season unranked and they are coming into this season ranked fairly high.

Aug 13, 2015, 4:19 PM

They have 19 returning starters from a team that did fairly well last year, so I expect this game to be a dog fight. Their HC is saying Isaac Rochell "is a beast." BK calls him "virtually unblockable in 1-on-1 situations." Hope we have an answer.

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic