Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TigerIllustrated and Kendrick
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

TigerIllustrated and Kendrick

Mar 1, 2021, 4:48 PM

One interesting thing TigerIllustrated had to say-Coaches knew that kendrick was coming to Clemson with a lot of baggage and he might be high maintenance. Does this contradict wll we have heard about the "culture" of the program? I am not doubting Sweeney but I thought he stayed away from "high maintenace" players.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TigerIllustrated and Kendrick

Mar 1, 2021, 4:49 PM

I apologize for the poor typing.

Mar 1, 2021, 6:16 PM

Learn to spell the head coach’s name. It will make your posts more believable.

I think the explanation I heard for our recruiting is...

Mar 1, 2021, 4:53 PM

that some teams have an 80/20 high character/potential issue ratio and Clemson has more like a 95/5 ratio.

The better you are at recruiting the better that ratio would be I imagine.

USC has a 30/70 rule I heard.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think the explanation I heard for our recruiting is...

Mar 1, 2021, 4:57 PM

Well that would be 96-4 now. Can someone post who the other 4 are. I did FOIA and Clemson hasn’t responded yet

You nailed him. It was really 99-1.***

Mar 1, 2021, 5:42 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nothing wrong with taking some chances on kids

Mar 1, 2021, 4:57 PM

That don’t have a perfect past. The really bad ones all go to UGA anyway

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LSU says, "hold my beer".***

Mar 1, 2021, 4:58 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Agree. Glad we took a chance on Sammy Watkins.

Mar 2, 2021, 11:50 AM [ in reply to Nothing wrong with taking some chances on kids ]

He has some strange beliefs now, but I am thankful for what he did for Clemson football.

And, if I am not mistaken, Jay Guillermo has some emotional issues. Look where he is now - https://catamountsports.com/staff-directory/jay-guillermo/248

I am sure there are many others.

BTW, I am very thankful the Lord has given me multiple "second" chances!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Sweeney?***

Mar 1, 2021, 5:03 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's always a giveaway.***

Mar 1, 2021, 5:44 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There's always a giveaway. Oh yeah

Mar 1, 2021, 7:02 PM

obviously a rabid fan.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 1, 2021, 5:38 PM

That is the thing, if you are going to be a high end product, AND be a molder of young men, not every one that comes in will he a hymnal singing choir boy. And that's ok. I will be the first to say I don't want the All-Philanthropy team, I want the All-American team. As in, actually making those teams. A little baggage and working on self improvement is fine imo. I trust the coaches to help steer this young men in the proper direction. One thing i truly believe is that the Power Rangers were THE force on our team for several years, and that CW had the ear of the team. We need another guy like that. Not only an ambassador for the school and role model, but also an assassin on the field. Right now I think Skalsi is that way to some extent, just not the level Wilkins was.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Too easy.***

Mar 1, 2021, 5:43 PM

Mar 1, 2021, 6:12 PM

Many on here think he is a round 1 or 2 pick so why go into the transfer portal, just go pro. I for one see him as a 7th round or free agent type player but maybe i am wrong.

Mar 1, 2021, 7:39 PM

I'm just relieved I no longer have to worry about his well-being like I was after his last two playoff game performances.

Mar 1, 2021, 10:39 PM

Were you though?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 2, 2021, 7:45 AM

Baggage can be lots of different things and not necessarily bad character. Kids with home problems, non-supportive parents, teen parenthood, poverty etc. So don't assume the worst about the person.

Mar 2, 2021, 8:42 AM

I forget what comedian it was who said, “ I wish once, someone would go on Oprah and say, MY PARENTS WERE GREAT, MY GRANDPARENTS WERE GREAT , MY TEACHERS WERE GREAT, IM JUST F’D UP”

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic