Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TiGERs were ahead of both FSU & SC at half but didn't get...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

TiGERs were ahead of both FSU & SC at half but didn't get...

Jan 8, 2013, 3:17 PM

the job done in either the 3rd or 4th quarters.

What's your opin as to why they didn't sustain the fast momentum of scoring early?

Was it Conditioning, not running the right plays at the right time, mental preparedness, just bad luck, etc.

Those two losses could have very possibly have been wins I feel..if things had been done differently.

Of course, Bama could have said the same thing when last pass was intercepted at corner of goal line against Johnny Football's team.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My take

Jan 8, 2013, 3:20 PM

FSU: we got tired on defense, not enough rotations and not enough work. Bad play calls? Who knows, it could have been busted coverage or miscommunication. Hard to say. But I think our D was worn down.

SCar: They held the ball and made some amazing 3rd downs to stay on the field. It was a 3 point game until the end. Oline struggled some at the end. They contained Boyd.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson

Re: My take

Jan 8, 2013, 3:25 PM

I honestly believe we beat FSU if we play them week 10 instead of Week 4. Spurrier's decision to play his throwing quarterback against us was pure genius. That and Clowney injected steroids at half time and turned into the incredible hulk all over Tajh's rump.

We lost both. Went 11-2. New season. Got Tigers.***

Jan 8, 2013, 4:15 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger/Terrier

We stopped running the ball against Carolina....***

Jan 8, 2013, 4:56 PM

FSU was a shootout and we lost the momentum

Jan 8, 2013, 5:02 PM

when we squandered a productive drive by running a trick play (reverse-pass) on 3rd and 2.

SCAR was simply a case of abandoning the run

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And not being able to get off the field on D. We gave up a

Jan 8, 2013, 5:17 PM

34 yd TD pass to Ace Sanders on 3rd and 16 in the 3rd q, and the 20 yard scramble on 3rd and 19 in the 4th q that led to another TD. They were 11-21 on 3rd down conv and 1-1 on 4th.

Even if we had just held them to FG attempts on those two possessions where we had them in 3rd and super long, it would have been a different game.

The problem with your analysis is that our D did that all

Jan 8, 2013, 5:20 PM

year, yet somehow we managed to win 10 regular season games. The defense, while not great in the SCAR game, was at least equal to or better than it was in previous games. So the blame clearly rests with the offense.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That doesn't even make sense. Let's just say a dude

Jan 8, 2013, 5:29 PM

drinks and drives while driving a Honda Accord 10 times and makes it home safe every time. The 11th time he drives a Toyota Camry, crashes, and dies.

The problem was clearly the car since he was drunk all 11 times.

This is true***

Jan 8, 2013, 5:29 PM

Re: FSU was a shootout and we lost the momentum

Jan 8, 2013, 5:21 PM [ in reply to FSU was a shootout and we lost the momentum ]

the thing with the 3rd & 2 call, if Sammy hits Humphries, who had the defender beat by about 4 or 5 steps, we go into the half up 35-14. You can say that Chad was going for the kill shot, and I bet that play worked well enough in practice for him to be confident in it, but should we have done it on 3rd and 2? who knows. I agree with you about SCAR and the fact that we would get them into 3rd (sometimes 4th) and long and couldn't get them off the field.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

It was a high risk play, with the potential negatives being

Jan 8, 2013, 5:30 PM

much worse than they needed to be.

Sh!!!X happens.

Jan 8, 2013, 5:03 PM

Those two teams were good, too, and they adjusted what they were doing.
I'd say usuc was more X and O's, FSU was more them figuring out what our offense was doing and our defense just sucked at that point. Still, 37 pts should have won it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TiGERs were ahead of both FSU & SC at half but didn't get...

Jan 8, 2013, 5:49 PM

neither side played like they should after the good start..I do think the Def was the problem against FSU but the OOO was the bigger problem against the dirty c$$ts

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Re: My take

Jan 8, 2013, 5:50 PM

Absolutely agree. FSU had fresh bodies the whole game on defense. Regarding SC, I've told everyone that playing Thomson was the best play b/c he's a better pocket passer and could pick us apart due to our weak secondary. In 2nd half keeping our O off the field messed up our normal rhythm; forcing plays more likely to make errors.

OK to lose 2 games since even Saban lost 1 he shouldn't have

Jan 8, 2013, 6:02 PM

GoTiGERs1

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We were much improved in all areas against LSU

Jan 8, 2013, 6:32 PM

I believe we grew up on defense. Our indoor facility helped.
For us to lose our best player on the second play and play a freshman at tackle against LSU I contend our young team grew up. Mr. Battle is going to be special even on Sundays.

I look forward to seeing how we play next year. We could challenge for the NC.

I'm thankful for the talent and coaches we have! I'm a little passionate about our chances in the next few years.

I love our Tigers and watching college football. I would like for us to win them all but I'm proud of where we are now!

GO TIGERS!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic