Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Thoughts on FSU football - where did the players go??
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,135

Thoughts on FSU football - where did the players go??

Nov 30, 2020, 9:02 AM

First off, they're saying they're down to only 44 scholarship players. Best as I could determine from some quick online searches, they had 78 scholarship players at the start of the season. As of Nov 7, FSU had 5 players out due to injury. That would leave them with 73 scholarship players. Let's be generous and double that to ten, just to account for intangibles and such. Last I saw they had one player test positive for COVID. That brings them to 67. So.... I'm not sure where the others went. That's a LOT of contact tracing. But, from their perspective, the beauty of "contact tracing" is that it's much more subjective than positive tests or injuries. I don't know that there's any definitive rule for determining who is ruled out due to contact tracing, so they can pretty much say whomever they want is out due to that. From what I've been able to gather, and with my liberal estimate of injuries, they have 23 players out due to contact tracing, one from testing positive, and ten due to injuries.

Second, if you totally suck over 3 different coaching staffs, then maybe the coaches alone aren't the problem. The one constant through this 6 year decline is the university president, who has been there since - anyone wanna guess? 2014. Basically, he's the one constant through the whole decline. Not the AD, not the head coaches, and certainly not the players. It reminds me of the perennially bad teams in the NFL (Jets, Browns, etc) who go through coach after coach after coach, but the GM stays the same, and/or the ownership stays the same, and people wonder why things don't get fixed. He would also be one of the few that would have influence over how numbers are handled with the team and COVID reporting. A little conspiratorial, perhaps, but it makes at least a bit of sense.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They also had a bunch of players opt out.***

Nov 30, 2020, 9:06 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Good point

Nov 30, 2020, 9:17 AM

Tried to find those numbers, but probably don't have it all. Pre-season, there were two. Recently, Blackman announced a transfer and two more opted out. One is out for the season due to injury. That's 6 players. That still leaves a LOT to account for.

The Canoe in Tallahassee is taking on water fast...

Nov 30, 2020, 9:27 AM

From a shipping/boating viewpoint, when the boat begins to take on water the rats are the first to know and first to go.

At the first opportunity they find a way off the boat before it sinks to the bottom.

Re: The Canoe in Tallahassee is taking on water fast...

Nov 30, 2020, 9:44 AM

Evolutionary misfiring for sure. Leave a boat at the first sign of sinking only to ensure a swift death in the open sea

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thoughts on FSU football - where did the players go??

Nov 30, 2020, 9:41 AM

Miami, UF, UCF, FAU, USF, Auburn, Bama, UGA, Clemson......basically they’re going everywhere but effSU.

Nov 30, 2020, 9:51 AM

Soon they're gonna lose their mascot and chant as well. The Tallahassee Football Team...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"You don't get control of the game when you're air-balling layups." - Brent Venables

Nov 30, 2020, 10:00 AM

Well their seasonal malcontent WR "Scary Terry" tweeted something alluding to a major issue that is being covered up by the school. He did not include details.

Also, you can be sure that Asante Samuel Jr. chose to opt out before the game rather than after it when his announcement was made.

FSU claimed to only have 1 DB available for the game.

I believe they have had a ton more players quit/opt out than they are willing to let on.

Nov 30, 2020, 10:11 AM

They are a joke of a program. They apparently aren’t observing proper precautions during the week to prevent contact tracing issues. That’s how 1 positive will quarantine half your team.

Nov 30, 2020, 10:31 AM

I think FSU’s creation of the Florida State University Athletics Association after the firing of Taggart will only make things worse. I know the boosters that helped pay the CWT buyout wanted a direct so-say in FSU athletics and that may be a deal made with the devil because now the noles have too many chiefs and not enough Indians.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,135
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic