Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Thoughts after letting everything settle overnight
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

Thoughts after letting everything settle overnight

Jan 2, 2021, 12:21 PM

Last night was a bad night @ the office for our players & coaches. Point blank. Obviously tip your hat to Ohio State, whatever you think of their coaches, players, whatever, they came out & played on fire. For whatever reason our guys on D just wasn't up to the task & our O didn't match them when it became apparent it was gonna have to be a shootout. How much of the O's issues were b/c of Elliott being out, idk. The targeting call on Skalski on what would've been a 3rd down stop to force a field goal & OSU eventually getting the TD on the drive was the backbreaker. Truly feels like we are cursed playing in New Orleans, but eventually that will chance & 1 day we'll get to see a Sugar Bowl trophy on display at the Reeves Complex.

I know many of feel that anything short of a title this season was going to be an abject failure on the year. & part of me in a way feels that. But for most part, I know our coaches & players had to deal with exceptional circumstances in the leadup to & course of this season. A global pandemic, all the social & political things that took place, schedules being torn apart & redone, rivalries not taking place for the 1st time in many years, playing in front of mostly empty stadiums instead of the normal - so much was piled on over the course of 2020 & despite the backlash at times, I feel our coaches & players navigated this minefield of a year as best as they could.

We're about to lose 2 of the best to every don a Clemson uniform in Trevor Lawrence & Travis Etienne, as well as 12 seniors on our 2 deep & possibly another in Ross (although w/ having lost a year, i hope he decides to come back for 2021). These outgoing guys helped run the streak of 10+ win seasons to 10, streak of ACC titles to 6, CFP appearances to 6, & brought us a national title in 2018. I know we wanted them to bring us 1 more, but what they accomplished will still be remembered for years to come. From the bottom of this fan's heart, I thank them for everything they have done for Clemson Football & in representing Clemson University.

So obviously now we look toward 2021. We have a top 5 recruiting class coming in (which could move up a couple spots depending on a couple targets still floating around). DJU gave us a glimpse that we're gonna be alright @ QB for a couple years to come with Lawrence moving on. If the extra year of eligibility isn't used, we will be losing 13 seniors from our 2 deep along w/ TL (in comparison: Ohio State would be losing 14 seniors from their 2 deep - 7 of whom are starters on their defense - in addition to Fields. Alabama would be losing 14 on their 2 deep in addition to presumably early departures by Waddle & Surtain, possibly Jones if someone convinces him his sample size in starts @ QB is enough to move on to the next level). & i know we had alot of youth on that 2 deep starting or seeing significant reps in 2020, which should bode well in building upon in 2021. Hopefully, our guys will be able to have a normal spring & summer practice session w/ all the new guys coming in & be able to rebuild & reload for a run for the title in 2021.

GO TIGERS! GIVE 'EM H*** IN 2021!

Message was edited by: thompson_creek_tiger®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thoughts after letting everything settle overnight

Jan 2, 2021, 12:53 PM

I agree, but would add my biggest hope for Ross is just that he can play anywhere next year. I think the outlook is good but I don't think anything has been announced. Maybe I missed it since I was very busy when he went for his checkup.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2021, 1:17 PM

The next couple of years will be great for Clemson. Clemson just had their 3 game streak of playing in the title game snapped. No other teams outside of Clemson and Alabama, can say that about their teams.

DJU will lead the Tigers back next season and the defensive line have experience to go with all that talent. Not to forget the 2 stud LBers coming in. Carter, Trotter and Simpson behind that line will be freaky great. It will take time for it to all come together, but it will and it's going t be special.

1-4 St will take a step back like LSU did. Not as big of a step back, but they won't be a playoff team next season. They could lose 2 or perhaps 3 games next year. If they don't beat Alabama for the time this year, then they will have to wait a few years, at least.

Clemson never gets a year off. Clemson will remember the LSU game. They will tuck last night game into a little safe area in the memory bank to revisit later. It's kind of funny how all the things 1-4 St fans crud about all hear long, seemed to show up on the opposite side this time. Strangely hilarious situations if you ask me.

Clemson did go in down their top 3 WR, and have been all year. No matter what is said, that is a severe handicap that Clemson rose above just to get there. Clemson just never got any help from the ACC. Some teams, just one really, are just pampered and propped up.

1-4 St did a great job last night. They I'd everything they needed to do in order to win. It will be interesting, and I have already posted about this, to see how the Title game goes

Question for the T-Net faithful and/or regulars. What would be your take away from a 1-4 St win over Alabama in the title game in the same manner as their win last night? In other words, If they were to beat Alabama by 3 or 4 TDs. Would the rule changes and the 6games played have an effect on your opinion of what they were able to accomplish and the way things were laid out, instead of being played out?

Serious responses

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2021, 8:11 PM

If they were to boat race 'Bama I don't think it has anything to do with only playing 7 games... will be interesting to see if 'Bama gets the best version of Ohio State that Clemson got... I think they are all in ice tubs today, that was a rough game.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic