Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Those two in Georgia planned to kill that young
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Those two in Georgia planned to kill that young

May 8, 2020, 1:38 PM

man before they jumped in the pickup.Premeditated no doubt.They should get the death penalty.Sad part is they can appeal for 30 years.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think they planned to kill him - but they were willing

May 8, 2020, 1:49 PM

to kill him. If they were just trying to stop/scare him - they wouldn't have loaded the shotgun.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They did not intend.

May 8, 2020, 1:52 PM

But dumbassery resulting in death should have serious consequences.

Like killing someone when you are texting and driving. "Oops" oh goes so far.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They did not intend.

May 8, 2020, 2:19 PM

ANY TIME YOU LOAD A WEAPON AND POINT, THERE IS INTENT. Make absolutely zero no doubt. You load and point, there is intent.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They did not intend.

May 8, 2020, 3:37 PM

excellent point. how are things going on the other side of the state?

Re: Those two in Georgia planned to kill that young

May 8, 2020, 1:56 PM

I definitely don't think their plan was to kill him from the beginning. They created a bad situation and tried to intimidate him and the wheels just came off. I think 2nd degree murder conviction for the shooter would be appropriate.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 8, 2020, 2:07 PM

hard to say, with the father being an ex cop and a guy along for the ride to film it, I think they intended to provoke the guy into a fight so it would be a justifiable homicide and they could get it on film. One thing the video does show, is the callus nature of it, as in no big deal, a guy is bleeding out in the middle of the street.

But then again, I cannot read people's minds, and will be up to a grand jury to determine their state of mind before and during the alleged crime.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My thoughts exactly. I can’t see how anyone looks

May 8, 2020, 3:50 PM

at this scenario and assumes they were intending to kill a man that day. Just seems like they made a stupid mistake and this man paid the penalty.

But I’m with you 100%. I could not believe when the man started stumbling to the ground and they were just walking away. What in the world. Even if I thought he was going to hurt me if he got my gun, once I shot him I would be freaking out. They weren’t (so far as I could see). I can’t get over that.

null

Why weren't they arrested 2 months ago?***

May 8, 2020, 2:18 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

The 2nd prosecutor wrote that it was self defense and they

May 8, 2020, 2:23 PM

were within their rights.

(That 2nd prosecutor shouldn't be allowed to be a prosecutor anymore...)

Because the video had not been leaked to the public.***

May 8, 2020, 2:47 PM [ in reply to Why weren't they arrested 2 months ago?*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 8, 2020, 2:46 PM

Super sad situation. I really feel it was just a bad situation that should never have happened. I think it will end up being a manslaughter case. Murder 1 or 2 is just not going to be provable. They should never have done anything other than a call.

Also, let's wait for all the facts to come out before we push it one way or the other.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 8, 2020, 2:50 PM

I do agree that we should never jump to conclusions.The video looked like cold blooded murder to me.Guess I was hasty to judge them.

If it’s murder I don’t think it’s first degree.

May 8, 2020, 3:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Those two in Georgia planned to kill that young ]

Feels like they were a couple hicks, out to show a black man that he wasn’t welcome to jog in their neighborhood, and I’m guessing they thought they’d be a little more intimidating to this guy than they actually were.

Manslaughter is absolutely merited but unless there’s a witness who heard them discuss their plan, it seems hard to prove first degree.

Who knows....both paragraphs above involve a ton of assumptions.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^supposed to be reply to initial post.***

May 8, 2020, 3:42 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

slip ups to be expected after afrotc***

May 8, 2020, 3:58 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

in some states, that might qualify as a first-degree murder

May 8, 2020, 3:34 PM

The video evidence also seems to show the pair hunting their prey down in their pickup truck. One could argue that they seem to have a depraved indifference for human life,

May 8, 2020, 3:45 PM

Sadly, this sorta thing happens far to often. Black men are so often not given the benefit of the doubt and often accused for some wrong doing just for being in whatever vicinity. If that video didn’t get leaked, and such public outcry I bet this gets swept under the rug, with a self defense, stand your ground whatever... soon after would every attempt to make this victim a bad guy, like he smoked weed or some BS

I hope these ######## get the death penalty, and suffer years of getting to know the worst criminal element in a max security prison

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Abolish Qualified Immunity

May 8, 2020, 4:35 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5tr_L31StI

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 9, 2020, 6:50 PM

LMAO! Seriously, those two effed up.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 8, 2020, 11:10 PM

That’s just your opinion. You have roughly 25-30%, at best, of the details of what, who, where, etc., involving the incident. Way too early to find anyone guilty.

May 9, 2020, 7:22 PM

25-30% of the evidence?If he had robbed a house and was running away it still would be murder as the video clearly showed.I’m as conservative as they come when it comes to erring on the side of caution.What more do you need to see to get to at least 50%?

May 9, 2020, 10:23 PM

May 9, 2020, 9:52 PM

Even sadder, the dad was an ex-cop.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic