Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Those of you who really understand football
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Those of you who really understand football

Jan 12, 2020, 11:19 AM

Know that when LSU gets inside the Tigers 30 yard line the area that the defenders must cover is reduced considerably. This will be a tremendous advantage for our guys because the defense, especially the back seven, are very talented. Burrows likely will be able to find open receivers when the field is big. Not so likely when the field is smaller. Ohio State saw this quickly but could do nothing about it. Neither will LSU. This is where Coach V earns his keep. If The faux Tigers were great at running the ball, this might be less of an advantage. It really didn’t help the Buckeyes and I think they had a better running game that the gumbo eaters. What are your thoughts?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Those of you who really understand football

Jan 12, 2020, 11:23 AM

Well said....I agree . Spot the ball !!!!

Jan 12, 2020, 11:26 AM

I think you're spot on. Nothing short of a miracle what CBV has done to play to our strengths this year.

Keep it in front and don't give him the over the top pass he ate Oklahoma on. Kinda like albarn was able to do.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2020, 11:28 AM

Our D is unbelievable at making an opposing team think they’re about to score and not. It’s funny you mention it, because some talking heads said it would be LSU’s advantage because they are a top Red Zone scoring team. Burrow has not seen a back seven like ours, with Simmons acting like a Create-a-Player. I can’t argue with your assessment.

Jan 12, 2020, 11:42 AM

Exactly. I've also seen some on here say we should play up tempo and wear them down. Honestly, I'd love to see us take a page from Titans book and play a slow control game. That will frustrate burrow too- sitting on the sidelines.

We're not going to boat race LSU. Need some red zone stops like we did with oh4o. As well as some turnovers. Break all our tendencies and CBV is a magician at doing that. XT and Henry need the game of their careers.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m expecting more of a game control approach because

Jan 12, 2020, 1:26 PM

We have the better running game and defense.

We might score faster than intended if ETN gets hot.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2020, 12:00 PM

OSU had a better running game than LSU, but not by much. Edwards -Helaire and Burrow can hurt us on the ground if we are not careful.

Their offensive mind-trust is more imaginative than OSU's and they might have some new wrinkles for us in the redzone. Surely they have watched (repeatedly) OSU's failures.

Jan 12, 2020, 12:05 PM

The same applies to Clemson as well. What scares me the most is two things, Burrows breaking containment and completing that 40 -50-yard pass and the supposedly Home Field Advantage for LSU. Both teams should be able to move the ball, and Clemson has the big play potential as well, but LSU may just have a slight edge in crown noise.
Still, I think Clemson wins, by 7 to 10 points.

Jan 12, 2020, 12:10 PM

my greatest concern w LSU is the big play where their receivers get 50 yards or better and score on us. Their runner us supposed to not be 100%, but we cant count on that.

I'm not concerned that BV has watched a lot of the Auburn game and has some things he plans for LSU. however, their offense may be as good as our defense. if that is a draw, or if our d is just a bit better, our offense should see us through.

It will happen

Jan 12, 2020, 1:36 PM

Re: Who said they're getting inside our 30 ?

Jan 12, 2020, 12:10 PM

:)

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who said they're getting inside our 30 ?

Jan 12, 2020, 12:16 PM

Not too sure Burrow won't be jacked up in this Natty and over throwing receivers. Pick time.

just like last year bama moved the ball

Jan 12, 2020, 12:17 PM

extremely well between the 20s

Jan 12, 2020, 1:40 PM

If we win the battle in the red zone we win the game simple as that. LSU will get their yards but we have to keep them out of the endzone and hold them to fg attempts or hopefully create turnovers.

Jan 12, 2020, 1:51 PM

We need to make them punt twice. We need to take the ball away from them twice. And need to hold them on two of their possessions to field goals. I hope we can run the ball and keep the time of possession in our favor. GO TIGERS

Jan 12, 2020, 2:00 PM

Problem for osu is Dobbins getting banged up, had 9 carries for almost 150 yards at half time..when he got hurt, he averaged under 4 yards a carry the second half..and Fields was already gimpy coming into the game, wearing that giant leg brace...made OSU one dimensional. Fields had a bunch of td passes this year but not a lot of yards, they were a run first team and that took the engine of their offense out of the game. So yeah, I think if star players on LSUs offense get hurt during the game it would help Clemsons defense quite a bit.

Jan 12, 2020, 4:31 PM

Problem for OSU is that they had to settle for three field goals BEFORE Dobbins was hurt.

Problem for OSU is they gave up 2 TDs in the span of 1:35 before halftime.

Problem for OSU is they were outscored 29-7 in the last 37 minutes of the game.

Problem for OSU is that they gave up TWO 90+ yd TD drives and then threw a pick in crunch time.

Problem for OSU is that they lost a game they thought they were destined to win.

I am hoping LSU fans can share that experience and perhaps forge a bond with Bama and OSU fans.

Of course, injuries to Clemson receivers had zero impact on the game.

Problem is we Couldn’t maintain gap control with a 5 man

Jan 12, 2020, 4:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Those of you who really understand football ]

Front so we went back into 3-3 and snuffed it. We won’t need to experiment to whip LSU. We’ll be 3-3-5 and 3-2-6 all night.

Ignorant corn dog go home

Jan 12, 2020, 4:42 PM

We have to get them one dimendional. Okla tried rush 3 and take away the pass. That will not work. Take the run game away then come with different blitz packages. Burrow is going to win some but just can't be over the top. We'll have to score 40 to win.

OSU dropped 3 TDs and broke a route on a 4th, those hurt

Jan 12, 2020, 4:56 PM

them more than anything we were doing in the redzone

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic