Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This win is disappointing to some of you because
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,790

This win is disappointing to some of you because

Nov 25, 2018, 2:30 AM

Everyone, including chickens, expected us to win by 50 and we only won by 21. Now just think about where this rivalry is when a 21 point victory is not enough to satiate you as a Clemson fan, and it is close enough to be able to call it a moral victory from the chicken perspective.

Once the aforementioned becomes the narrative, this game that we play every year is no longer able to be termed a rivalry, and should instead be termed a domination!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This win is disappointing to some of you because

Nov 25, 2018, 6:06 AM

What is disappointing is listening to some of the chat here about wanting Bama, or Notre Dame. Either of those teams would have taken us out back to the woodshed the way our "D" played last night.
And that would even be more disappointing to those of you who have called for Bama most of the season.
I don't care if we won by 50, or 21, but if you play a "complete" team like Bama, the outcome, IMO, would have been more disappointing.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2018, 6:36 AM

We would beat ND even if we played like we did last night.. ND's O is vanilla and won't expose us the same. If we matchup with ND in the playoff, which it looks like we will, I am just going to assume we will be in the championship, because they aren't that good. Bama would have blown us out of course.

Nov 25, 2018, 7:07 AM

I agree but in order to play ND, we must first get by Pitt. Up until last night, I thought that was a cakewalk.

Did you watch Pitt?

Nov 25, 2018, 7:12 AM

Holy cow! They have nothing! They don't have a Connor...or a Peterman...or a Blewit...or a tight end. They have the same coach. Otherwise, this isn't 2016. But the single worse problem that Pitt has, is the performance by the Tiger defense last night. A ticked off Venables is NOT who you want in your face/ear. Oh...my!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2018, 10:14 AM [ in reply to Re: This win is disappointing to some of you because ]

We will be them by 3tds or more. Then we play ND. Then we lose to Bama for the National Title.

Nov 25, 2018, 7:04 AM [ in reply to Re: This win is disappointing to some of you because ]

ND sucked last night playing the real USC. Yes USC, who has LOST SEVEN GAMES and will be home for the holidays because they suck too. ND looked like a bottom feeder team IMO. Do you even football???

And if my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle!***

Nov 25, 2018, 9:18 AM [ in reply to Re: This win is disappointing to some of you because ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2018, 9:23 AM [ in reply to Re: This win is disappointing to some of you because ]

You realize Bama gave up 21 to Auburn...at home.

Nov 25, 2018, 9:29 AM [ in reply to Re: This win is disappointing to some of you because ]

It’s one thing to feel your team is going to coast to a win against an outmatched team. However, the hubris and arrogance of some needs to be toned down. I expect Pitt to push us hard and if the defense plays as pitifully as they did last night, a 1 point win will suffice. I can’t stand playing SC, they were made to look like world beaters by an absolutely terrible defensive performance. Call me a perfectionist but I felt and still feel sick over how our defense was exposed and if we get by Pitt, we’ll get crushed by anybody based on last nights defense.

Nov 25, 2018, 6:14 AM

Idc that we won by 21. Idc if we won by 1 point or 100 points.
What disappointed me was the lack of deep coverage, especially if we dont get it fixed by the time we play bama it wont be this outcome. We cant left let deep post routes. Be touchdowns like they were tonight..
Im happy with the win
Disappointed in the defense

21 point win when the line was 26. Not sure what folks were

Nov 25, 2018, 11:33 AM

expecting. I don't think it's the 21, as much as it is the ugly way the 21 happened to a defense that had been playing well. The broken coverages and wide-blank open receivers was hard to watch for sure. Chance to tighten up the ship and sail on to Santa Clara!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,790
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic