Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
DJU and the Heisman
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,207

DJU and the Heisman

Nov 6, 2020, 9:30 AM

Justin Fields is getting heisman love after what 2 games? So if it is truly a one season award, assuming DJU balls out like we know he will saturday shouldn't he get the same consideration right now that Fields is getting?

Disclaimer: I know the answer this is just merely a discussion and a highlight on the issue of a shortened season. Just interesting to think about.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: DJU and the Heisman

Nov 6, 2020, 10:20 AM

If Trevor Lawrence does indeed come back and finish the remainder of the season without missing more games then this game has absolutely no effect on DJ being mentioned in the '20 Heisman talk.

However, if DJ puts up number even close to what we saw against BC and beats Notre Dame AT Notre Dame, then it will 100% jumpstart his Heisman campaign for the '21 season!

This will get hate

Nov 6, 2020, 11:30 AM

Justin Fields has more Touchdowns than incompletions right now, and had an all-time ratio last year too. Some here refuse to admit how impressive that is.

Based on your question though, yes he should get looks too considering the # of games as you stated, but we know that won't be the case

Edit - I was wrong - 6 TDS 7 incompletions is what ESPN shows. 7 TDs including rushes

Message was edited by: Murica®

Re: This will get hate

Nov 6, 2020, 11:38 AM

The difference between Fields playing 2 games and DJ playing 2 games is the future projection.

DJ should not get Heisman talk this season no matter how well he plays Saturday because he isn't expected to start a game after Saturday unless there is an injury to Lawrence.

Fields' numbers (and you are right they are impressive) are being projected out to his full schedule when people are discussing him and setting odds.

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,207
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic