Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is it bad for me not to pull for the US women’s soccer team to win the World Cup?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 85
| visibility 1

Is it bad for me not to pull for the US women’s soccer team to win the World Cup?

Jul 7, 2019, 8:03 AM

I know nothing about soccer nor do I care. I just don’t like the players. they come across as arrogate and spoiled.

I know I am supposed to pull for them just don’t fell they represent the US in a positive way.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is it bad for me not to pull for the US women’s soccer team to win the World Cup?

Jul 7, 2019, 8:07 AM

Yes it is. If this team were men, no one would be complaining about them. They are a juggernaut in the sport and we should absolutely be behind them.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not necessarily, NFL caught a lot of flack also.

Jul 7, 2019, 8:09 AM

Go Tigers AND Tiger Nation(al CHAMPIONS!)!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Oh Lord (rolling eyes) !!!!***

Jul 7, 2019, 8:11 AM [ in reply to Re: Is it bad for me not to pull for the US women’s soccer team to win the World Cup? ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Really?

Jul 7, 2019, 8:43 AM [ in reply to Re: Is it bad for me not to pull for the US women’s soccer team to win the World Cup? ]

So why did lots of men pull against the NBA Olympic team years ago when they acted like a bunch of spoiled prima donas?

Re: Really?

Jul 7, 2019, 8:51 AM

Who knows? Because they are snowflakes? Anyway, I don't recall that. I know I have never ever rooted against the USA in anything for any reason. What is odd is how some Ameticans are pulling for the Netherlands, our opponent, when the Dutch think so poorly of our POTUS.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/756385/opinions-on-us-president-donald-trump-in-the-netherlands/

Jul 7, 2019, 9:26 AM

Did someone hurt you kinda bad one time by calling you a snowflake? You seem to have a hang up wth that term.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jul 7, 2019, 9:32 AM

Que? No. It fits well. Hence, snowflakes. You seem offended by the term. Personally, I don't think it's that big of a deal.

Jul 7, 2019, 9:38 AM

LOL.
I've diagnosed you as having a strong need to have others "offended" by the term. Thus the repetition. That's all. Keep it up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jul 7, 2019, 9:45 AM

No, I am not trying to offend them. That would mean I cared enough. Also, it's not directed at any one person. I am mocking how some are so offended by something so minor and how extreme they are getting. Rooting against our country due to one chick.
Extreme. Hence, snowflakes. I think it's a fair term. It's not even a harsh term. It's pretty soft.

Jul 7, 2019, 11:23 AM

Yes. The numerous posts from you on this thread prove you don't care. Got it, thanks.
Therapy is not a dirty word and it could actually help you. Peace.

Jul 7, 2019, 11:35 AM

I really dont care about those people. I am having fun commenting on the state of our snowflake nation. You seem a little.rattled actually. Its just a thread on a message board with comments. Its all in fun. Peace.

Lemme guess

Jul 7, 2019, 9:46 AM [ in reply to Re: Really? ]

You're cool with phags?

Re: Lemme guess

Jul 7, 2019, 9:49 AM

I don't think about it. Do you?

That, sir/madam, is a

Jul 7, 2019, 10:25 AM

dumb question.

Re: That, sir/madam, is a

Jul 7, 2019, 10:27 AM

They were on your mind.

Again with the fake dumbness

Jul 7, 2019, 10:37 AM

Yes, I certainly did mention phags. I am not a homo-phobe, I just think they're really, really confused. And dumb. Kinda like you're acting.

Peace.

Pretty much the definition of a homophobe.

Jul 7, 2019, 3:56 PM

But at least you're up front about it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And, sir/madam, are you giving me

Jul 7, 2019, 10:40 AM [ in reply to Re: That, sir/madam, is a ]

TD's? Really??

Re: And, sir/madam, are you giving me

Jul 7, 2019, 2:08 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Are you a woman? And I have no problem at all with women

Jul 7, 2019, 9:46 AM [ in reply to Re: Is it bad for me not to pull for the US women’s soccer team to win the World Cup? ]

except when they think the universe is okay with all women as lesbians. Look, I once loved a lesbian, but there came a time where she needed to decide - chicks or d!cks - she wanted both for the rest of her life and felt that was okay and made common sense.

She's a little older know. Still hot as a an August day in Arizona, and FINALLY she's starting to get it: life as we know it will fail (and really make our Lord angry) if boys and girls continue screwing around with each other as if it's some sort of God-given right to choose. Forget that, and get right!!

Amen.

Re: Are you a woman? And I have no problem at all with women

Jul 7, 2019, 6:37 PM

So you turned a chick into a lesbian. Got it.

Wrong. If the men wear running their mouth, I’d turn them

Jul 7, 2019, 10:01 AM [ in reply to Re: Is it bad for me not to pull for the US women’s soccer team to win the World Cup? ]

off too, just like I have done with NFL and NBA. I won’t watch a movie if I know beforehand it has a political agitator starring in it. And Im not buying Nike, ever again.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No. This team made it clear that they do not represent

Jul 7, 2019, 8:11 AM

America as much as they represent a conglomeration of causes.

We have a person playing for the team who won't even recognize the US anthem while playing on the US National team. Something isn't right about that.

She isn't representing the US. She's representing herself, her cause and the pretend country of Utopia, which is the only place she feels is worthy of her support.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: No. This team made it clear that they do not represent

Jul 7, 2019, 8:33 AM

She is just one person. Who cares?

I'm not really pulling against the US team, I actually am

Jul 7, 2019, 8:36 AM

fairly ambivelent to the whole Soccer hype.

But it won't hurt my feelings if they lose.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: I'm not really pulling against the US team, I actually am

Jul 7, 2019, 8:38 AM

Fair enough. Some are very passionate over this one chick that they are actually pulling for a foreign country vs the USA.

Jul 7, 2019, 9:01 AM [ in reply to Re: No. This team made it clear that they do not represent ]

I didn’t read where any of her teammates disagreed with her.

Jul 7, 2019, 9:06 AM

None are doing what she is doing, so there is that. None have said they feel the same. I think they respect her freedom to do what she wants and they will do what they want. They're a team and just playing soccer when it comes down to it.

One or a billion -

Jul 7, 2019, 9:48 AM [ in reply to Re: No. This team made it clear that they do not represent ]

Right is right.

Are you left? Just wonderin'.

I ive in Geneva which is less than 2 hrs away

Jul 7, 2019, 8:12 AM

A few months ago the wife and I had a conversation about going to Lyon if the women made it. A few weeks later, we changed our minds because of their issues.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

no, that is your right.

Jul 7, 2019, 8:17 AM

I used to watch all the WWC games but I haven't watched a single one this year. I'm sick of all the politics and whining about being underpaid.

Re: no, that is your right.

Jul 7, 2019, 8:34 AM

It absolutely is your right to not support them as it is their right to do what they do and say. Shame that we only see to support people who agree with how we think rather than support the ideal we can all think for ourselves.

But I'm guessing this is the same crowd who won't watch the nfl because of kneeling or buying Nike shoes. So probably doesn't matter what anyone says.

Jul 7, 2019, 8:36 AM

They're snowflakes. One person on the team will make them root against the USA. Shows how nuts this country has gotten.

Jul 7, 2019, 9:15 AM

I'm going to pull for the USA teams that shut up, play their sports and represent out country with class. Politics ruins sports. It's way more than one person on that team. This didn't start a week ago. I'm not pulling against them... just don't care.

Jul 7, 2019, 9:20 AM

Thats fair enough, but the team really isnt being political. 1 person is. It's so minor in the scheme of things.

Jul 7, 2019, 9:00 AM [ in reply to Re: no, that is your right. ]

Yes I'm in that crowd. I wouldn't pay 2 bucks to see NFL or NBA. Tuned out years ago. Hopefully it doesn't trickle down to college level.

Jul 7, 2019, 9:28 AM [ in reply to no, that is your right. ]

rudetiger said:

I used to watch all the WWC games but I haven't watched a single one this year. I'm sick of all the politics and whining about being underpaid.

There is no sound argument other than sexism at this point that indicates that the women should be paid less than the men. If anything, they should be paid more. They are far more successful, and then there's this....

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiA37jc86LjAhXXKs0KHde6CWcQzPwBegQIARAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnbc.com%2F2019%2F06%2F19%2Fus-womens-soccer-games-now-generate-more-revenue-than-mens.html&psig=AOvVaw3skNjaFMKvUvSZh-EBi9_i&ust=1562592206502152

Jul 7, 2019, 9:35 AM

It's not about success. It's about viewership and money. Most of the world could care less about women's soccer. As the sport grows over the years, so will the money.

rudetiger said:

It's not about success. It's about viewership and money. Most of the world could care less about women's soccer. As the sport grows over the years, so will the money.

Did you read the article?

Jul 7, 2019, 9:59 AM

I did. I won't pretend to be an expert on how FIFA splits up their funds but I imagine it's similar to how conferences share money in college football. The men are part of a sport that generates ridiculous money all around the world. The women are part of a sport that does not. Our US women's team is probably in a similar situation to Clemson and Florida state in the ACC. We are the cash cows and we have to support everyone else.

Re: Is it bad for me not to pull for the US women’s soccer team to win the World Cup?

Jul 7, 2019, 8:29 AM

I’m with you. I haven’t always agreed with or voted for the president but I have always been proud of America and being and American. Hope they lose the communist kickball match.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 7, 2019, 8:31 AM

I think they represent us well overall. They act the same as the men act. Definitely wrong, imo, to pull for the Netherlands and against the USA.

Jul 7, 2019, 8:44 AM

On one hand you are saying you know nothing about soccer and on the other you are claiming you know the players well enough to say they are arrogant. Sounds to me like you saw a headline on facebook and are making a generalization.

Jul 7, 2019, 8:45 AM

I'm glad I'm not the only one. Been telling my wife for weeks I don't want them to win. Their antics are too much for me.

Jul 7, 2019, 8:47 AM

I think they are awesome!

No there is no opinion litmus test for being an American.

Jul 7, 2019, 8:55 AM

Pull for, pull against or disinterested are OK. 330 million Americans will have different optinions from time to time.

I've never thumbed down anyone. You're beyond ignorant. You're just a #######***

Jul 7, 2019, 9:06 AM

Or maybe he's both correct and well-informed

Jul 7, 2019, 10:40 AM

making you the one who's "beyond ignorant" and "just a #######"

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Pull for whoever you want . . .

Jul 7, 2019, 9:08 AM

As for me? I hope our ladies win . . . and win big!!!

Agree***

Jul 7, 2019, 10:29 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Jul 7, 2019, 9:13 AM

I hope they lose....they hate America...why pull for them !

Jul 7, 2019, 9:21 AM

They dont hate America. They? Where did you get that idea?

Jul 7, 2019, 9:16 AM

I am not a fan of what the players have been saying, but I cant in good conscious cheer against the US. The loud opinions of a couple players aren’t going to turn me against my own country. It’s a sad sign of the times that fans now require sports figures to be in line with their political beliefs in order to root for them.

Also, not to burst any bubbles, but a huge swath of our players didn’t make the trip to the White House this past year because they don’t like Trump...so you may want to re-consider whether or not you should root for Clemson, since you’re setting the requirement that players you cheer for have the same political beliefs as you.

Jul 7, 2019, 10:39 AM

Well said brother! I don’t subscribe to the opinions of all the players, but I am fiercely proud and was happy to serve a great country that allows everyone to express their beliefs. Those of you choosing to pull against them, that is your right as well.

And that’s the tea! Go USA!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

On this board, this is virtue signaling.

No. It's bad to give a crap about women's soccer to

begin with. Of course saying "women's" and "soccer" in the same sentence is redundant, but you get the picture.

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: No. It's bad to give a crap about women's soccer to

Jul 7, 2019, 9:24 AM

That's why you put money on it. Anyway, surprisingly these chicks are really good. Add a bet in the mix and gets really good.

If you're putting money on a purse swinging match

Jul 7, 2019, 9:31 AM

then you have a problem.

Re: If you're putting money on a purse swinging match

Jul 7, 2019, 9:34 AM

They swing their purses well. I feel like they are a lock.

Ok well, I'd say "let me know who wins"

Jul 7, 2019, 9:40 AM

but in all honesty I couldn't care less.

Re: Ok well, I'd say "let me know who wins"

Jul 7, 2019, 9:48 AM

If it were football season nobody would.

The same people who are shaming you for cheering against

Jul 7, 2019, 9:26 AM

the women’s soccer team because you don’t think they care about or respect America or represent us in a way that you would feel proud of...are the same people who would shame you about blindly believing in everything American just because it’s American. Hypocrites.

I’ll neither pull for nor against them but I haven’t watched. They’ve made a pretty clear statement that they are playing for their America. All I hear from them is complaints on compensation, political partisanship, identity politics and questionable sportsmanship. All of which are distractions they chose to put before their remarkable play and all of which bore me.

But best of luck to them.

null

Re: The same people who are shaming you for cheering against

I just watch for the soccer. I wasnt interested in their issues. Had people not complained so much about them I wouldnt have even noticed their supposed issues, other than the pay talk. I dont know anything about their issues, nor do I care. Its just a game. One thing that has happened, is that the chick who everyone hates, is getting way more attention than she ever deserved. I dont even know what she is protesting. Who cares?

Also you’re right. Some people can filter out the noise.

Good for them. Some of us can’t help but see the other nonsense that the players choose to put in front of us.

Rapinoe is protesting Trump because Trump. She thinks Trump is a horrible racist and she has no tolerance for horrible racists. On the other hand, her brother joined a white supremacist gang in prison. But that was different. Love that bro. He’s just misunderstood.

Also, she’s made public comments about how most of the team wouldn’t visit the White House. This is unbelievably presumptuous and again puts her teammates in a bind because if they want to visit the White House (if they win the World Cup), now they know it’s putting egg on their teammate’s face. I doubt she cares though.

null

Also “your” right. ***

Jul 7, 2019, 9:55 AM

null

Re: Also you’re right. Some people can filter out the noise.

Jul 7, 2019, 9:57 AM [ in reply to Also you’re right. Some people can filter out the noise. ]

She definitely found a way to get attention. I block her opinions out though. Her opinions are meaningless. If anything she helps Trump. Trump supporters should love her. Kind of like when AOC says nutty stuff. Anyway, Rapinoe is just one person. I dont think anyone outside of the US even knows she is protesting something. I bet barely anyone here knows who she is or what she is protesting. I really don't. In a few months, you will probably never see her again.

Since when is America so bad? We have more freedom than any country. And people are still trying anything to get here from other countries. If it’s so bad why are people willing to die to get here legally or illegally? I say we are all spoiled and just want more and nothing is good enough and with this attitude nothing ever will be..... oh yeah, and go USA soccer!

I haven’t watched a game and I won’t be watching today***

Jul 7, 2019, 9:43 AM

Jul 7, 2019, 9:52 AM

In a word, YES!
I have feelings similar to yours but I have to pull for a team representing our country.
It would take something much more serious than our pettiness to pull against The USA!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When you interject politics into entertainment, your pissing

Jul 7, 2019, 9:55 AM

Off 50% of your audience. I watch sports to get entertained, not lectured. Screw them and any entertainer that wants to inject their view into my down time. I’ll find something else to do.

No one should tell you how to feel or think***

Jul 7, 2019, 10:23 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Jul 7, 2019, 10:26 AM

Yes. That would be bad.

The more pertinent question is would you even know it was

Jul 7, 2019, 10:45 AM

happening, or even care, if some media ##### hadn't mouthed off to start a controversy to get attention?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The more pertinent question is would you even know it was

Jul 7, 2019, 10:51 AM

Nope.

I absolutely would, and any true American would as well.

Jul 7, 2019, 1:31 PM [ in reply to The more pertinent question is would you even know it was ]

World Cups are always so much fun to watch.

Jul 7, 2019, 11:57 AM

textiger said:

I know nothing about soccer nor do I care. I just don’t like the players. they come across as arrogate and spoiled.

I know I am supposed to pull for them just don’t fell they represent the US in a positive way.

You mean they don't represent Trump is a positive way...

I refuse to put politics above patriotism.

Jul 7, 2019, 12:33 PM

Imo, it's wrong to put politics above patriotism.

I hate kneeling during our National Anthem but my patriotic hearts says American is more important than some loser who is ignorant of history isn't about to come between me and my country.

If you let this ignorant slut dictate the priorities of your heart you submit yourself to the exact same ignorance which she suffers. I therefor, have no respect for either of you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I refuse to put politics above patriotism.

Jul 7, 2019, 12:38 PM

Yep. 1 chick > America for some. Anyway, this game is over.

I hope we beat the world at their 3rd world game.***

Jul 7, 2019, 1:36 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Couldn’t agree more. Every player for a national team

Jul 7, 2019, 1:05 PM

should be a mindless, patriotic automaton. We do NOT have room for uppity feminists and rugged individualism in this country. Those aren’t values of the US of A.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only if it's because you only pull for teams in orange...

Jul 7, 2019, 1:30 PM

:)

Otherwise...USA! USA! USA!

^^^closeted Cuse fan coming out***

Jul 7, 2019, 1:37 PM

You’re grammer is as gud as your attitood***

Jul 7, 2019, 1:58 PM

This team represents themselves and the liberal agenda.

Jul 7, 2019, 5:58 PM

They do not represent America. Their words and actions made it very clear. I didn't pull against them,
but I didn't watch.

People can "pull for" whomever they want.

Jul 8, 2019, 9:10 AM

I always find it humorous when people debate who should "pull for" whom, as if it makes any difference whatsoever.

Personally, I have not watched the World Cup as I'm not interested in soccer. But I don't care about the political opinions of athletes, so any opinions they have wouldn't affect me. I watch sports for the entertainment of it. Same principle for watching movies/TV...don't care about the politics of the actors. Will watch if I'm entertained by it.

Replies: 85
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic