Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This suprising?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 2,250

This suprising?

Sep 14, 2020, 1:52 PM

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-ratings-sunday-night-football-sees-sharp-decline-in-initial-ratings-161747893.html
https://media-mbst-pub-ue1.s3.amazonaws.com/creatr-uploaded-images/2020-09/d983bba0-f6a4-11ea-b2fd-b677d425bbf8">

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

I think it's surprising since more people would

Sep 14, 2020, 1:56 PM

theoretically be watching sports after the crazy 2020 we've had with COVID-19, social distancing, and cancelled/postponed sporting events.

The fact that ratings are not up, or even equivalent to prior seasons, but DOWN, is very telling. I suspect it's a combination of the social/racial stuff the media insists on pushing down our throats and the entitled athletes who are behind the "movement."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I think it's surprising since more people would

Sep 14, 2020, 2:16 PM

Totally agree. I am so sick of having BLM shoved down my throat every time I try to watch sports. And a bunch of millionaires playing sports for a living complaining about how hard life is. I didn't watch 5 minutes of NFL this weeekend.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This suprising?

Sep 14, 2020, 1:57 PM

I wonder why?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would think the Dallas Cowboys would be more immune

Sep 14, 2020, 2:03 PM

to BLM/Social messaging.

But Like Judge says, you would think the opposite would be true, as the environment and appetite was set up for greater sports consumption overall, especially with fans not able to go in person and many sports bars being locked down. Viewership should be on the rise.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Sep 14, 2020, 2:01 PM

They reap what they sow. I watched a little of the Texans game, just to watch DW but that wasn't a game. I watched the Raiders - Panthers to see the ex Tigers and see how Gruden was doing in the new year with more of his players... they were really pretty good... thats all I watched. I certainly won't pay to see a game or go out of my way to watch, lifelong Browns fan (yea I know) won't even go out to a bar and watch ...

I thought the unity thing was a good compromise. All standing. Other teams took the knee. Personally that insults me, I have a vote in what I chose to watch, and the NFL has gone from an all day glued to the set to meh....

NFL won't figure it out until no one is watching. PBR rodeo is pretty entertaining :)

Hopefully college football doesn't take it any further than it has and focus on graduating and football, in that order.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 14, 2020, 2:12 PM

I'm with you JPF16. I spent more TV time watching the PBR than I did watching the NFL yesterday. The only times anyone took a knee on PBR was to pray to give thanks for a safe ride or to catch their breath after being slammed to the ground by a 1 Ton bull.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 14, 2020, 2:04 PM

Don’t you just hate it for them.

Sep 14, 2020, 2:49 PM

Do I sense sarcasm?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Get woke, go broke***

Sep 14, 2020, 2:15 PM

I think you reap what you sew. And I don't think they have

Sep 14, 2020, 2:30 PM

sewn anything positive for our country. Not a stitch :)

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think you reap what you sew. And I don't think they have

Sep 14, 2020, 2:57 PM

Isn't it ironic that the spineless NFL Commissioner and The NFL Players Association have damaged their own sport. Karma is a wonderful thing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 14, 2020, 3:02 PM

th last 4-5 years I've watched less of the nfl each year. Just doesnt interest me like it did. I was watching some Texans and that was about it. The way they looked the other night I may do even less of that. I set most of Saturday aside for college and thats about it

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Saints-Bucs was THE highest rated Fox Week 1 game in 4 years

Sep 14, 2020, 3:51 PM

Matchups matter.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 2,250
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic