Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Camp finale: Coaches mulling offers as Swinney camp comes to an end
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,247

TNET: Camp finale: Coaches mulling offers as Swinney camp comes to an end

Jun 13, 2019, 12:15 PM

Camp finale: Coaches mulling offers as Swinney camp comes to an end

And just like that, Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney’s annual high school camp is over. The coaches will head off on vacation later this week, but not before meeting to talk about dispensing more offers.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Camp finale: Coaches mulling offers as Swinney camp comes to an end

Jun 13, 2019, 1:24 PM

I do feel for some of those guys that come to Dabo's camp and work as hard as they've ever worked for other coaches to try and get at least an offer whether it's commit-able offer or not, and they have to leave with nothing resembling an offer. I'm sure our coaches know how to handle those types of situations, but I feel for them regardless. I just keep telling myself that they knew before they come that Clemson is one of the hardest schools to get a FB scholarship offer from, but even knowing that, I still feel bad for the guys that just isn't a Clemson fit through talent or character bc they have their feeling hurt just the same. After all, it has been the coaches that coach them telling they have what it takes but knowing at the same time that they don't bc they have been coming to Dabo's camps and they know full well what it take to be an actual Clemson Tiger, and how good they must be to walk away with a Clemson offer!!! Oh well, sometimes you win, and sometimes you lose, and there just isn't enough scholarships to go around to everybody that would like to be a Clemson Tiger, and it's that thought that I hope they can walk away with bc, if they have come from far away for our coaches to see them, they are good enough to play FB some where....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 13, 2019, 1:36 PM

That there's an Ernest Hemmingway-esque paragraph.

Jun 13, 2019, 8:54 PM

I was thinking Pat Conroy.

Jun 13, 2019, 9:35 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Camp finale: Coaches mulling offers as Swinney camp comes to an end ]

You've pointed out a situation many of us have never considered, or at least, posted a written comment. Hoping for an offer that doesn't come is somewhat akin to receiving a pink slip. But from what I gather from all of the comments, the coaches do a good job of pointing out and showing areas where improvement will improve their chances of an offer from other schools. Clemson, unlike most schools, is now highly selective with their offers. Some schools cast out offers as if they are covering the entire field hoping to land a few big fish, many of whom may not be edible.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 13, 2019, 10:25 PM

I post a little but lurk a lot. You are amazing young man!

This post is weird, maybe creepy too, but at least weird.***

Jun 13, 2019, 10:49 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Camp finale: Coaches mulling offers as Swinney camp comes to an end ]

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Great thoughts! I was thinking the same thing.***

Jun 14, 2019, 6:24 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Camp finale: Coaches mulling offers as Swinney camp comes to an end ]

Jun 14, 2019, 2:41 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Camp finale: Coaches mulling offers as Swinney camp comes to an end ]

Yea I def have some sympathy for some of the guys. Mainly the kids who are talented enough to play at Clemson but never get the offer for whatever reason... There are so many players who cycle through each year that they're turning away kids who played just as good as some of the top prospects...

The other group I def have sympathy for are the recruits who's families really cant afford to send their kids to camp, and they've been saving for months

Jun 14, 2019, 2:41 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Camp finale: Coaches mulling offers as Swinney camp comes to an end ]

Yea I def have some sympathy for some of the guys. Mainly the kids who are talented enough to play at Clemson but never get the offer for whatever reason... There are so many players who cycle through each year that they're turning away kids who played just as good as some of the top prospects...

The other group I def have sympathy for are the recruits who's families really cant afford to send their kids to camp, and they've been saving for months

Jun 14, 2019, 2:42 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Camp finale: Coaches mulling offers as Swinney camp comes to an end ]

Jun 14, 2019, 2:42 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Camp finale: Coaches mulling offers as Swinney camp comes to an end ]

Jun 13, 2019, 2:05 PM

Very nice .... great prospects!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,247
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic