Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This place is crazier than I could possibly have
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,146

This place is crazier than I could possibly have

Aug 28, 2018, 11:30 PM

imagined. We're coming off of a recent National Championship and 3 consecutive playoff appearances. We are predicted by some to win it all again this year. You'd think all would be enjoying the ride. Yet, the idiocy is at an all-time high.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

^ Exactly..

Aug 28, 2018, 11:37 PM

and again, which QB will take us to the Natty Promiseland! ??

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This place is crazier than I could possibly have

Aug 28, 2018, 11:39 PM

I think we need a game result to discuss so we can get away from being soothsayers reading crystal balls and get back to the real job of being Monday-morning quarterbacks.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

More publicity = more fickle bandwagoners & Wal-Mart fans***

Aug 28, 2018, 11:46 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No doubt, but it seems to be affecting some long-time

Aug 28, 2018, 11:50 PM

die-hards as well. Unbelievable.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: No doubt, but it seems to be affecting some long-time

Aug 28, 2018, 11:57 PM

Probably doesn't help the case when many of those "win it all" predictions mention Trevor and don't seem to have full faith in KB keeping it all season either.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/college-football-picks-these-are-the-10-teams-that-can-actually-win-the-2018-national-title/

https://thetandd.com/sports/local/clemson-football-reasons-why-tigers-will-reasons-they-won-t/article_12d97264-8e9a-5c34-9327-2b8f18f2b90b.html

https://www.si.com/college-football/2018/08/22/playoff-predictions-crystal-ball-bowl-picks-heisman

Aug 28, 2018, 11:59 PM

I agree. This place is becoming unbearable. This kind of crap should be expected on TCI. As much as I hate FGF, at least they don’t tolerate people saying crap about their team. I can’t believe I just complimented FGF

Aug 29, 2018, 12:04 AM

Most aren't saying any crap about the team that can't be shown in any stats from last year. Talking KB's 2017 issues that need to be fixed in 2018 isn't taking crap, it's talking the same things that made the coaches challenge the QB on passing improvement. Just the players and coaches can seem to discuss it better than the fans can handle it.

Aug 29, 2018, 1:44 AM

This is the crap I’m talking about...just three thread titles and accompanying texts that are still on the board from today. Hard to understand why this stuff is tolerated on here....

“Hey Dabo, doesn't the Spring game count?
Always says it is based on performance and the best player will start....bull crap!”

“Coaches aren’t doing themselves any favors with the QB stuff.
They just need to learn when to shut up.”

“Yesterday I said that Dabo has handled the QB situation well
It turns out that I spoke too soon.
Today, he decided to criticize fans who supposedly boo and want KB to fail.”

It's mostly the blind presumptions

Aug 29, 2018, 12:36 AM [ in reply to Re: This place is crazier than I could possibly have ]

That a new QB, however highly regarded, will immediately be better based on a single spring game and high school rating reports. The coaches and players say one thing....they can't be trusted. Stats are given, they aren't specific enough, nor have enough context.

As long as Clemson wins, the right way, this team should come together and support whoever plays at any position. Same with the fanbase. Anything otherwise is counter-productive. That doesn't mean we can't discuss shortcomings.

Players and coaches have discussed these topics, saying the starter last year has been great and is the guy, but people snicker and shake their heads, saying things like 'loyalty' and 'well, we can't compare'. That just seems like excuses.

Were there issues from last year? Certainly. Should we expect improvement? Absolutely. But a sample size of one player that contains good and bad data points shouldn't be regarded as worse than a sample size of one player with zero or one data points, depending on your consideration of how important a public spring game is.

I get it, some people are frightened that FSU with Cole and DW will happen again. They see the Bama game and insist 'well, that guy had his shot and it wasn't enough'. But this is a new year, new team, new off season. Let's wait a bit and put some trust in a coaching staff that has won it all, that has been so close only to fall short. At least a single college game we can objectively compare, and not stats from a sampling of scrimmages that people choose to weigh at their discretion.

Clemson

Bottom line, people don't know what the @#*! they

Aug 29, 2018, 10:17 AM

are talking about, relative to Dabo and his coaches, in this situation. All of us have seen pretty much the same thing, and it's not nearly enough to make an informed decision or accurate assumptions. We have all seen something, and we all have opinions, which are more than welcome here on T-Net; that is what this place is for. Yet, it is downright silly to second guess our coaches at this stage or concoct conspiracy theories and make unqualified predictions and such. It's laughable. It's fine as long as we all understand it's all relatively uninformed speculation.

- H. L. Mencken

The stoopid is ubiquitous. And believe me,

Aug 29, 2018, 10:26 AM

I know stoopid.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,146
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic