Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If those of you that want Clemson to stay in the ACC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 2,456

If those of you that want Clemson to stay in the ACC

Jun 13, 2012, 12:13 PM

consider yourself true Clemson fans, you will stop wasting time making posts on here bashing those that want to leave the ACC and you'll show your Orange by communicating with the BoT and TDP and Barker about why we are allowing our fate to be controlled by the ineptness of our conference commish's TV negotiating.

To claim that we'll just recruit better and play better and win to solve our problems is naive. to think money isn't an issue is wrong.

There's a reason the NCAA tried to keep teams on equal ground recruiting wise by limiting schollies, visits etc... to take away the benefit that richer schools enjoy. Richer schools will now have a huge advantage of others.

To blindly think that this won't be an issue is wrong.

Message was edited by: Clayton Big Spee®

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If those of you that want Clemson to stay in the ACC

Jun 13, 2012, 12:32 PM

It's not about wanting to stay in the ACC. It's accepting the reality that we are going to stay in the ACC. Face it; this decision is made. Like it or not, you simply lack the power to change it; and so do I. So why continue to stir the pot and create uncertainty in the minds of recruits just because you need to vent. Get over yourself and move on. When Clemson hires you as University President or adds you to the Board of Trustees you'll get your say. Until that time, accept that others who are probably smarter than you, and clearly better informed of the realities of college football TV contracts and Conference affiliation, will continue to make the decisions. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why? Because I refuse to give up and allow Clemson

Jun 13, 2012, 12:38 PM

to suffer at the hands of our Conf commish.

What if our players gave up like this after the sakerlina loss? We wouldn't be ACC champs.

It's troubling to think we have fans that are willing to accept this.

Re: Why? Because I refuse to give up and allow Clemson

Jun 13, 2012, 12:44 PM

Then encourage the BoT and President Barker to band together with other like minded schools in the conference. With the addition of Syracuse and Pitt, there are now 10 schools that are *not* in North Carolina.

FSU, Clemson, GaTech & VaTech, Miami and probably even NCState are certainly not pleased with Swofford. That's 6 right there, almost enough to win a vote. Bring it up a the next ACC meeting and vote to boot Swofford.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I walk the walk. I actually wrote each ACC school's

Jun 13, 2012, 1:07 PM

Athletic Director about the issues with Swofford. Well, I didn't write unc's b/c they cheat and aren't worth the paper I wipe my but with.

This is where you are wrong..............

Jun 13, 2012, 12:47 PM [ in reply to Why? Because I refuse to give up and allow Clemson ]

you think fans are "accepting" the ACC. I think there are tons of fans that would like to be in the big 12 or SEC. But it isn't happening right now. The only reason it has been a conversation is that posters on here and bloggers in texas have made it an issue.

1. Its not over. 2. this was directed at posters like

Jun 13, 2012, 12:58 PM

85_alum and bryanttiger and others who are happy in the ACC.

It isn't that we're necessarily okay with the ACC, but

Jun 13, 2012, 1:17 PM [ in reply to Why? Because I refuse to give up and allow Clemson ]

right now (key words: "right now") the Big 12 isn't a better option. I hate the ACC. But from my perspective, right now we're in a "lose-lose" situation. The best move is to be patient and hope that the college football landscape changes enough that in a few years we have some better options.

VT's AD

Jun 13, 2012, 12:42 PM [ in reply to Re: If those of you that want Clemson to stay in the ACC ]

was saying pro-Big East things something like 1 week before they came to the ACC. Might be that nobody's telling Dabo anything.

Re:Some people can never accept reality.***

Jun 13, 2012, 12:51 PM [ in reply to Re: If those of you that want Clemson to stay in the ACC ]

that's the point pnut, the reality is that the ACC and its

Jun 13, 2012, 12:56 PM

schools are falling and will continue to fall farther behind the B1G, SEC, Big 12, and Pac 12 teams.

Re:We will never agree. No need in arguing the issue.***

Jun 13, 2012, 1:17 PM

Some folks are hopeless....

Jun 13, 2012, 1:27 PM

Repeating the same mantra over and over doesn't make it true.

and some are idiots.***

Jun 13, 2012, 2:08 PM

there is no subjectivity here peanut. the ACC TV contract

Jun 13, 2012, 2:11 PM [ in reply to Re:We will never agree. No need in arguing the issue.*** ]

is horrible compared to the others/what the others will be.

It's a fact. Now, you can argue subjectively that despite our lack of money compared to SEC or B1G or Big 12 schools but you can't argue about how bad the ACC contract is.

You know, it's really simple.....

Jun 13, 2012, 1:23 PM [ in reply to that's the point pnut, the reality is that the ACC and its ]

If we and other ACC schools win, we'll never fall behind.

Re: You know, it's really simple.....

Jun 13, 2012, 1:26 PM

ding ding ding we have another winner.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I imagine the AD and BOT members...

Jun 13, 2012, 12:58 PM

know much more about the ACC or B12's TV deals and their affects on Clemson than you or anyone else on tnet.

But not more than the people at Forbes Magazine.

Jun 13, 2012, 12:59 PM

And it doesn't take a scholar to realize that the ACC's contract won't be what the others are.

So you believe...

Jun 13, 2012, 1:02 PM

that some guy at Forbes knows more about Clemson's finances than the people who run the school?

I never said that. What I said was Forbes knows how bad

Jun 13, 2012, 1:06 PM

the ACC TV deal is compared to the others. Regardless of Clemson's financial situation, the ACC TV deal is/will be lower than the big 4 conferences.

You did say that.

Jun 13, 2012, 1:08 PM

I said the AD and BOT members know more about the contract than anyone else. You said the guy at Forbes knows more.

Either way, how does moving to the big 12, paying a 20M exit fee and receiving half of the conference payout for 4 years help us financially?

NO! here's what you asked...

Jun 13, 2012, 1:10 PM

that some guy at Forbes knows more about Clemson's finances than the people who run the school?

Re: NO! here's what you asked...

Jun 13, 2012, 1:30 PM

I think I just got dumber by reading this exchange.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sux when people can't even remember their own posts

Jun 13, 2012, 2:06 PM

from just minutes before.

I remember my post. Just tired of you lack of logic.

Jun 13, 2012, 2:08 PM

Don't believe everything you read.

Lack of logic? You're either lying or you don't even know

Jun 13, 2012, 2:13 PM

what you're saying in your posts.

Refer to my post above about "idiots."

Replies: 26
| visibility 2,456
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic