Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This is painful to watch
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

This is painful to watch

Apr 12, 2019, 7:41 PM

It seems with Montes teams when we’re on, we’re blazing but when we’re off, we’re colder than Antarctica in the winter and right now we are freezing. We’re making a mediocre pitcher look like a world beater. Honestly I’d rather be a more well rounded team hitting wise than boom or bust like we tend to be. But at least we know this guy has gotten hit well recently so we have the opportunity to make him pay. Just have to be smart at the plate

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is painful to watch

Apr 12, 2019, 7:49 PM

Balls that are hit well are just happening to find gloves too. Rough day at the plate today.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 12, 2019, 7:59 PM

What balls hit? We wasted a good first inning and wasn’t able to keep the pitch count high. We should have had that 7th inning in the 5th inning and now we are probably out of time.

Need some base runners off their bullpen since I’m assuming their starter is gone. Any idea about arm talent of bullpen?

Apr 12, 2019, 7:57 PM

is there a gun to your head. simple really. dont watch.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 12, 2019, 7:59 PM

Lol you are something else man.

Apr 12, 2019, 8:03 PM

My exact thought lol, apparently you can’t be displeased if your team is losing and not doing well.

Apr 12, 2019, 8:05 PM

i hate it but it sure as he!! aint painful. a broken bone is painful. a death in the family is painful. shall i go on. and no it aint embarrassing either.

Apr 12, 2019, 8:08 PM

Watching back to back to back walks on 14 pitches is painful to watch. Because I care about winning this game it's painful seeing us look like this.

Apr 12, 2019, 8:10 PM

What’s painful is all of that and a double play ball that plates one and that is all they will need to win. Maybe we win tomorrow to make the series interesting. If not just a pathetic effort.

Apr 12, 2019, 8:10 PM [ in reply to Re: This is painful to watch ]

where does it actually hurt dude. inquiring minds want to know

Apr 12, 2019, 8:20 PM

Where exactly does it hurt when a family member dies? Same concept you just aren't able to understand it cause you didn't say it. Relax if you're assuming we're saying it physically hurts you're not a very bright individual have some common sense so you can understand it's a statement that states it's not fun seeing a team you root for look so bad in an important game.

Apr 12, 2019, 8:06 PM [ in reply to Re: This is painful to watch ]

Pretty sure Monte agrees. With these bullpen decisions the only thing I can think is we are giving up tonight and saving arms for Saturday and Sunday? Otherwise what in the heck decision to throw our worst arms. Also, please don’t put Parker, Henderson, and Maj in the same lineup.

Apr 12, 2019, 8:09 PM

First thing I thought of putting these guys in was that he's waving the white flag as well. Game is still well within reach so I was a little confused to see that.

Apr 12, 2019, 8:12 PM

Have you watched our at bats? Game is not within reach. If the average fan knows this of course Monte does. Why not waste arms with kids who can’t pitch. Fla St would have had a better inning so far if the batters went to the plate and left the bat in the dugout.

Apr 12, 2019, 8:25 PM

7 runs per game average. They have 6. Yeah if we hit our average we win. But no we aren't looking good tonight that's for sure.

Apr 12, 2019, 8:27 PM

If we hit our average it’s a matter of divine intervention. This was the crappiest approach to hitting all year. Hopefully Monte gets on them and it’s fixed tomorrow.

Apr 12, 2019, 8:31 PM

i feel like my arm is broken doing the tomahawk chop. now that is painful.

Apr 12, 2019, 8:39 PM

some of you guys simply need to check your emotions . nobody likes to lose. but sometimes the other team is just better that night. sometimes you play poorly. baseball is a marathon, not a sprint. no matter how GOOD you are, you'll lose 1/3 of your games. no matter how BAD you are, you'll win 1/3 of your games. its that OTHER 1/3 that makes the diff. Some of you are so tight you couldn"t pull a needle out of your ### with a john deere tractor. you're gonna get beat some> we"ll win our share.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 12, 2019, 8:40 PM

now that was not painful

Apr 12, 2019, 8:43 PM [ in reply to Re: This is painful to watch ]

Some of us can see an approach to the game and be concerned. It’s not about winning and losing a single game but a repeated pattern of questionable approach to hitting. Still think this team has it to get out of regionals this year but today was by far our worst approach at the plate between innings 2-8. So yes if the other team is better and it’s a competitive game that’s one thing, this game was not that.

Apr 12, 2019, 8:44 PM

lol smfh

Apr 12, 2019, 8:45 PM [ in reply to Re: This is painful to watch ]

Tonight their pitcher was better than our pitcher thats baseball

Apr 12, 2019, 8:47 PM

ding ding ding don. not rocket surgery.

Apr 12, 2019, 8:48 PM [ in reply to Re: This is painful to watch ]

monte's approach is the old earl weaver approach... hit the 3 run HR. he's been that way since this C of C days. i don't think that approach has changed. we go up looking for a pitch to drive. yes, its frustrating some times. i grew up on "small ball".. take a strike, bunt a guy over. but that's not the way we play.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 12, 2019, 8:52 PM

It’s the Tanner approach. Worked well for him as he won to national championships. Just wish this team did better with in game situational hitting. Their starting pitcher isn’t great, we just made his job easy by swinging at first pitch balls. If that makes him a better pitcher than our guy so be it.

Apr 12, 2019, 8:54 PM [ in reply to Re: This is painful to watch ]

He's a HR coach. It's what landed us guys like Seth Beer so unfortunately it's all or nothing that way but more than not, our bats are hot.

Apr 12, 2019, 8:56 PM

I know he was groomed under Tanner and that’s his approach. I just wish he would make in game adjustments after the first we had. Take pitches and tax their bullpen based on the start we had. That approach even a loss sets us up for success. At least the 9th we have made them throw a few arms so some salvage.

Apr 12, 2019, 8:57 PM

this thread is worthless. good night.

Apr 12, 2019, 8:59 PM

What makes this thread worthless? The accuracy of it?

Apr 13, 2019, 9:23 AM [ in reply to Re: This is painful to watch ]

LOL coming from a guy that is the definition of worthless, oh the irony

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic