Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This is no refuge from poltiics.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,018

This is no refuge from poltiics.

Sep 15, 2020, 7:27 PM

There was a time when we went to the lunge to get drunk because no one there would notice one drunk in a lounge. The P&R bored was the place to dem and pub yourself blind and have loads of fun during off seasons.

Now half the morons in here are drunk and their post get dumped in the P&R forum making a total mess of that board while the lunge seems to be the only refuge to talk football without having politics shoved up your butt.

I'm taking my beer to the donor forum so I can drink alone like any good alcoholic who just wants peace and quiet while he tries to rationalize why his wife threw him out and all his kids are effed up in the head.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is no refuge from poltiics.

Sep 15, 2020, 8:16 PM

The Gaming & Fantasy Sports board has a certain zen-like quietude to it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: This is no refuge from poltiics.

Sep 15, 2020, 8:45 PM

what

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I blame the 24 hour "news" networks, They used to be actual

Sep 15, 2020, 9:13 PM

news networks, but now they are just political talk sessions around the clock. I don't care if they are conservative (Fox) or liberal (CNN and MSNBC). They are 24 hour brainwashing networks that have their viewers so worked up that there is no chance for reasonable dialogue. This is not just the case this volatile year of 2020, but even in the calmest of times. This has been going on for years.

They don't cover news. There have been days where there were major earthquakes, or events in other parts of the world and I would hav to find out news about that on the crawler. Heck, right now there is a hurrican landing on the GUlf Coast, but you won't know about it unless you look at the crawl or go to the weather channel. I don't see how all of the anchors aren't nuts having to come in and spew the same lines all day every day. And when one shift is over, the next one comes on and spends their whole shift saying the same exact thing the previous host said. "Breaking New" means they are coming back from a commercial break. I find it so funny to hear that loud music and the big red or blue words BREAING NEWS and then I look to see what happened, but they ware just returning from commercial.

How can any news channel, conservative or liberal be legit, if they report the news with such an opinionated angle and from the same side every time. Even if we had a perfect president or perfect speaker of the house, doesn't it stand to reason they cant be correct 100% of the time? That's the way the news channels see it. Depending on the channel, one side is always right and one is always wrong 100% of the time.

I always wonder who comes in at the beginning of the day and tells the "journalist" "remember you work for Fox or CNN or MSNBC and this is how we see it. This is the angle you need to report it from. You should be frustrated with this statement and happy with this statement. I mean it is a huge joke. I really wish all three would just go off the air.

Re: I blame the 24 hour "news" networks, They used to be actual

Sep 15, 2020, 11:39 PM

You are correct. Very few networks and very few shows broadcast news. While most of the content is editorial, quite a few Americans think they're watching news.

Re: I blame the 24 hour "news" networks, They used to be actual

Sep 15, 2020, 11:43 PM [ in reply to I blame the 24 hour "news" networks, They used to be actual ]

You definitely made his point.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some valid points...

Sep 16, 2020, 2:34 AM [ in reply to I blame the 24 hour "news" networks, They used to be actual ]

Disagree w/ your assertion that truths/facts/answers are found only when compiled & reported by the political center.

We are responsible for our own actions.

Sep 16, 2020, 7:15 AM [ in reply to I blame the 24 hour "news" networks, They used to be actual ]

No one else is to blame for a post typed by you or me.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

24 hr news is entertainment.

Sep 16, 2020, 1:05 PM [ in reply to I blame the 24 hour "news" networks, They used to be actual ]

Even in that you can find leads like Bret Baier or Cavuto doing primarily news without hard leaning bias.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Smart man

Sep 16, 2020, 2:37 AM

Hahahaha great idea

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,018
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic