Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
More bad news for Trump
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 863

More bad news for Trump

Jan 27, 2020, 10:55 PM

Republican Senators better wake up, or they're going to have a lot of taint all over them. More info IS going to come out.

https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/480207-bolton-raised-concerns-that-trump-did-favors-for-autocrats-book

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: More bad news for Trump

Jan 27, 2020, 10:57 PM

Sounds about what I would expect from Trump.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh it's getting dumber

Jan 27, 2020, 11:13 PM

Seems like a corruption virus has broken out in Washington.

PANICKED TRUMP HITS BACK AT JOHN BOLTON BOOK WITH BLIZZARD OF LIES

"The White House is reportedly considering taking out a restraining order to silence the former national security adviser."

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/01/john-bolton-book-impeachment

Re: Oh it's getting dumber

Jan 27, 2020, 11:25 PM

Vanity Fair??

Re: Oh it's getting dumber

Jan 28, 2020, 7:14 AM

Vanity Fair is a great magazine. There are some amazing articles. Some of the best around. Youre just not familiar with it. Vanity Fair is awesome. They cover some great subjects.

A Vanity Fair opinion piece

Jan 27, 2020, 11:47 PM [ in reply to Oh it's getting dumber ]

Re: A Vanity Fair opinion piece

Jan 28, 2020, 1:01 AM

Interesting, I thought it was written by a woman the whole time I read it, but looked up and it's a man.

I gotta tell you, that whole 'no named sources' Trump and supporters go on about is such a fraud. All journalists use unnamed sources.

You show me a country where 'unnamed sources' aren't allowed and I'll show you an authoritarian state.

Trump supporters rattle off how much they love America and the Constitution, but then try to discredit those that actually embrace its protections.

We actually have laws that protect sources. It's called the Whistleblower Protection Act. And of course, you have that whole 1st Amendment thing going on...

Unnamed sources seem to be the standard now

Jan 28, 2020, 1:14 AM

and Bess Levin is a woman

Jan 28, 2020, 1:20 AM

All depends on whether they get enough of their judges

Jan 27, 2020, 11:10 PM

in place in time. All of this other whoopla has just been a smoke screen while they have been taking over the judiciary as fast as they can. In fact it’s the only thing the senate has acted on in quite sometime.

https://thehill.com/opinion/judiciary/476796-the-trumpification-of-the-federal-courts

Re: More bad news for Trump

Jan 27, 2020, 11:25 PM

A notorious anti-Trump Bolton leaked a manuscript to the New York Times. Prepare to see daily tidbits of bullshlt for 3-4 months.

Do us all a favor and try not to post these stupid things. There are no revelations in a manuscript nobody can see. This is just another unimpeachable hit job to impact the election.

Just start a thread and use it as a repository for daily updates. It’s easier.

More bad news.

Jan 27, 2020, 11:36 PM

He gonna win landslide 2020.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: More bad news.

Jan 28, 2020, 7:16 AM

He will probably lose the popular vote and win the electoral again. The Dems just have to hope that they take back the Senate and have both houses.

This, too, is one of my favorite things about Trumpies.

Jan 28, 2020, 7:58 AM [ in reply to More bad news. ]

They surround themselves with Fox and Rush, etc., who tell them over and over and over that Trump is going to win big this year. They don't take time to look at, or they refuse to listen to, the numbers that show he is the most disliked president in history. They truly feel they are the voice of America and that everyone loves this imbecile president.

They are truly the Gamecocks of politics. Predicting unrealistic greatness before the season starts, and then standing around in November in shock while babbling on about New Spring buying recruits or something.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

the whole Fox/Rush thing is a lazy hot take.

Jan 28, 2020, 8:50 AM

For those of us who truly enjoy following politics and running numbers, the Dem position, statistics-wise, is as bad as it’s been in a while.

You mention Trump’s approval numbers—RCP’a average is a negative 6.1 spread 46 approve to 52 disapprove (rounded for simplicity). Bush ended 2008 with a -35 spread so most disliked seems a little emotionally charged, but I digress. Anyway, Trumps favorability numbers among registered Republicans is much, much higher than the favorability of any given Dem candidate among registered Dems. When you look at the favorability of the other Dem candidates across all voters (see Monmouth for most recent numbers) none of them are any better than Trump.

So yeah, the man is largely unliked, but no one is charged up about the options, much like 2016. Absent a war or economic nose dive, there’s too much general apathy amongst the electorate for the Dem candidates to remove an incumbent, even when that incumbent is Trump. Dislike/hatred isn’t going to be enough at this point.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think you also have to take into account

Jan 28, 2020, 9:07 AM

the fractured nature of the democratic campaigns right now as well as the many different camps as a whole in the overall party.

Of course many of the numbers are low for Dem candidates right now because there are SO FREAKING MANY candidates. After Super Tuesday you'll see these number jump with many of the percentage splitters like Yang dropping out and those who were in his camp moving over to the front running nominee. THAT is when we need to start looking at how the Dem numbers line up with Trump. Do the moderates jump on board with an extreme element like Bernie due to Trumps unlike-ability?

Then you have the overall issue with the party. Trump has done an amazing job of uniting republicans under him. This is truely the party of Trump for better or worse. Congress knows this too. This is why you won't see many Legislators go against him. He controls the party, the message, and the purse for the party.

The dems on the other hand are fighting multiple factions within their own party and it's splitting the votes. You have the old Guard with Biden. The young up and comers trying to forge a new path with Yang and Buttigeg. Then you have the radical wing with Sanders and Warren.

I just think it's too early to tell.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

you are an imbecile...***

Jan 28, 2020, 9:08 AM [ in reply to the whole Fox/Rush thing is a lazy hot take. ]

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

so uh, gracias.***

Jan 28, 2020, 10:59 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He probably meant it for me.

Jan 28, 2020, 2:37 PM

Crash is, well, special.

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

I'm not sure why you would take objection...

Jan 28, 2020, 9:29 AM [ in reply to the whole Fox/Rush thing is a lazy hot take. ]

Since such Fox/Rush comments wouldn't be directed at you. For the likes of Beef, Memphis, et al, that does apply; they simply echo the false pandering that is pumped out of Fox.

Trump's low approval and high disapproval are historic. No president has come close to such atrocious numbers. He's also failed, statistically, to bring new people into his camp. He's maintained hardline supporters, but he's pushed away some of the very people who elected him. Let's not forget that swaying many traditional Dem voters into his camp in 2016 helped get him elected as Hillary's arrogance pushed them away.

The Dems aren't offering up much, but at the moment, they're reaping the benefit of the "anybody but Trump" movement across America.

"...there’s too much general apathy amongst the electorate for the Dem candidates to remove an incumbent, even when that incumbent is Trump."

Sorry, but that seems like a baseless opinion. Voter turnout, IMO, is going to be strong in 2020 because of the anti-Trump push, and we've seen evidence of that in the 2018 and 2019 elections.

baseless opinion?

Jan 28, 2020, 10:49 AM

I literally just told you where (latest Monmouth poll...I can link if you want) to find the approval numbers for all candidates across all registered voters. It's neither opinion nor baseless. They're all even or worse than Trump. That's apathy. No one is excited about this slate of candidates when you look across the spectrum. Among registered voters of a given party, the Dems come closest with Bernie in the 70's, but he plummets when examined across all voters, and Trump is still in the 80's among registered Republicans.

And again, Bush was in the 20's with his final approval ratings...that's just completely false to say that Trump's are "historic". https://www.cbsnews.com/news/bushs-final-approval-rating-22-percent/ . As for failing statistically to bring new voters, I dunno---overall independent support is down, but Black and Hispanic support is up...way up.

Do I think it's going to be open and shut? Nah, and there's too much that can happen in the next 8 months....there's always a bombshell. But as it sits, there's very little statistically that suggests a Dem turnover of the office.

Re: baseless opinion?

Jan 28, 2020, 2:12 PM

I argue baseless because apathy doesn't mean people are going to vote for Trump.

When I said historic, I was talking about his average numbers, which are historic. No president has had a lower approval average or a higher disapproval average.

Aha...therein lies the distinction

Jan 28, 2020, 3:29 PM

Not saying they’ll vote for Trump, just that they’ll not show up en masse to vote him out because the alternatives are so milquetoast. Base vs base he wins. The middle is the difference and the numbers are showing they’re not inspired enough by the alternatives to make the difference. So when the economy is rolling, peace generally reigns, and the alternatives aren’t clearly fantastic, no decision will be the decision for independents.

Could be wrong though. I thought Tony Stockman was the best three point shooter we’d see at Clemson.

After Fox being right about Russian collusion being a hoax..

Jan 28, 2020, 3:42 PM [ in reply to I'm not sure why you would take objection... ]

I'd think they are much more credible than your source.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Elections aren't won or loss by how much a man is disliked.

Jan 28, 2020, 3:40 PM [ in reply to This, too, is one of my favorite things about Trumpies. ]

You can hate Trump more than Iran, NOKO or Russia but you only have one vote. The same holds true for Trump lovers, one vote per adult citizen.

Ten million 14-16 yr old twitter followers hate just doesn't count.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sure they are...

Jan 29, 2020, 10:27 AM

Hell, you had lifelong Dems voting against Hillary in 2016 because they couldn't stand her.

Autocrats and wannabe dictators...

Jan 28, 2020, 7:59 AM

Tend to gravitate towards other ones. Trump isn't exactly a fan of this democracy thing.

This is a bombshell. . . a real constitutional crisis.***

Jan 28, 2020, 8:28 AM

the wallz are clozing in***

Jan 28, 2020, 9:09 AM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Replies: 28
| visibility 863
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic