Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Brian Kelly Welcomes Rematch with Trevor Lawrence..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

Brian Kelly Welcomes Rematch with Trevor Lawrence..

Dec 2, 2020, 10:54 AM

https://247sports.com/Article/Notre-Dame-Clemson-Tigers-Brian-Kelly-welcomes-rematch-Trevor-Lawrence-ACC-Championship-Game-155822706/

Interesting...Kelly acts as if the idea that Clemson was missing numerous starters for the first game is some sort of media construct...

And now they have a chip on their shoulder because of this fact??

We need to quickly dispatch VT.. rest up ...

And put our foot on Notre Dame’s throat from kick off ...not let go until the final whistle blows..
They are a confident bunch no doubt .. and won’t go away quietly ...
but they dismiss the number of starters out for that first game at their own peril...

This is a “leave no doubt” game ...but not (as the articles states) for ND but for Clemson..

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Brian Kelly Welcomes Rematch with Trevor Lawrence..

Dec 2, 2020, 10:56 AM

I guess he's the kind of guy who would also welcome a boot up his @$$

Dec 2, 2020, 5:36 PM

CUGRAD90 said:

I guess he's the kind of guy who would also welcome a boot up his @$$

What did you expect him to say? Were scared of TL?

Well... yeah

Dec 3, 2020, 1:34 PM

https://2cic.nyc3.cdn.digitaloceanspaces.com/t//stories/15/facebook/brian_kelly.JPG

Message was edited by: elwyn07®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2020, 10:58 AM

These arrogant jack ash interlopers must not be allowed to win the ACC in football at any cost. Period.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2020, 11:06 AM

I like the fact that Skalski and Trevor were there watching the ND students storm the field ...

As was our whole team ....

I think they Welcome a rematch Brian ....
We’ll see how that turns out ....

Dec 2, 2020, 11:21 AM [ in reply to Re: Brian Kelly Welcomes Rematch with Trevor Lawrence.. ]

Notre Dumb should have never been accepted into the ACC to begin with.ACC was already financially sound

Dec 2, 2020, 2:39 PM

I disagree. i would love for ND to become a full-feldged member of the ACC - but they have to be all in.

They would immediately add to the conference's wherewithal and national attention. The ACC would quickly become on par with SEC and Big10. I long for the days when the ACC had 3 teams in the top ten and 5 or 6 in the top 25.

Dec 2, 2020, 11:19 AM

I PROMISE YOU HE WONT BE WELCOMING THE REMATCH WITH OUR 1ST TEAM DEFENSE

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He knows d@mn well ...

Dec 2, 2020, 11:21 AM

the BeeBee Heads were lucky to win last time and that was largely the result of Clemson having N U M E R O U S players out of the game.

If at full strength, Clemson wins the rematch by at least two or three TD's.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Ian Book better be scared

Dec 2, 2020, 11:25 AM

With Skalski, Davis and Jones back in there he won't be able to run down the field like he did last time. And when he tries to, it will not end well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

There will be film study...

Dec 3, 2020, 1:28 PM

...lots of film study.

People will get angry watching.

Then there will be more film study.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2020, 12:10 PM

He was EXTREMELY lucky to have beaten us with a depleted defense and the best QB in college FB out. If he really wishes for that, I want some of what he is smoking.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wouldn’t expect him to act scared in front of his team

Dec 2, 2020, 12:16 PM

But he’s scared. He’ll probably get a contract extension for beating a depleted Clemson team

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I wouldn’t expect him to act scared in front of his team

Dec 2, 2020, 7:50 PM

Much like Tommy Bowden did. I like their coach, but he needs to calm the fans, and maybe his team, down a notch or two. They aren't Alabama, nor anyone else who has made it to the real "Big Leagues" yet, and they certainly are no CLEMSON. I really hope we get to play them again, so they will understand that they caught "lightning in a bottle". I believe they will find out just how much they need to grow. Much the same as OSU has learned over the years.

True...and LEAVING NO DOUBT means...

Dec 2, 2020, 12:21 PM

...boat racing them so bad that they WILL NOT be invited to the playoff...

Re: True...and LEAVING NO DOUBT means...

Dec 2, 2020, 2:41 PM

Tony,

Sorry, no. I would rather see ND ion the CFP than 4 & 0 OSU. Let's beat them decisively without the absolute buttwhippin' - save that for the Natty.

So play ND THREE times in one season?

Dec 2, 2020, 6:39 PM

I like your style...

Dec 2, 2020, 1:15 PM

It would be nice to win by enough that another team instead ND gets in to the CFP

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2020, 2:41 PM

not OSU !!!

This game is really about our defensive returners

Dec 2, 2020, 1:50 PM

Last time our offense did great. ETN couldn't really get any rhythm but that was due to ND's game played to stop the run. But i can't imagine Trevor plays any better than what DJ did. But this is about Skalski and Davis. Hopefully that translates into less points for ND which is really what the story was in that game.

Overall, Trevor will not equal what DJU put on the

Dec 2, 2020, 3:01 PM

stats sheet. But these are my questions:

-With Trevor, do we fumble a handoff with ETN that ND scoops up and scores a TD on (even though he didn't really score but the refs gave him a TD anyway)?

-With Trevor, do we get at least a first down on our last possession in regulation?

-With Trevor, does the QB run more, and allows better opportunities for ETN throughout the game?

-With Trevor, do wide open receivers on the left side of the field get missed because the QB is rolling right?

I'm not knocking DJU by any means, he was incredible all night. As a true freshman, playing hurt, on the road, against the #4 team in the country while losing OL to injuries and a WR. I still think Trevor wins it though.

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

~this~***

Dec 3, 2020, 1:49 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trevor Can Match the DJU Numbers But He Will Get It

Dec 3, 2020, 1:57 PM [ in reply to Overall, Trevor will not equal what DJU put on the ]

With a few deep big hitters that are second nature to him. Unrelated, I believe ND is minus 2-3 Offensive line starters including Center. Ian Bunk is not going to have another game like the one in South Bend.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trevor Opens Up ETN More Than DJU Did, Not Monstrously

Dec 3, 2020, 1:59 PM [ in reply to This game is really about our defensive returners ]

But enough that ETN will have much more success.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2020, 2:15 PM

Brian likes to whistle a lot and usually in graveyards. I enjoyed Round 1 in Arlington. If it's a spanking he wants, we shall give it to him.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2020, 6:22 PM

Our full healthy defense will make book have only a page or two! Jip and the first grade reader! Great game from our cats that missed last time and some Jr's who have grown up a lot since then...They'll need a priest to say last rights when we are through with them...Hail Mary or not!

TigerBalm, you have a "special" relationship with Brian

Dec 2, 2020, 2:32 PM

you might want to talk him down...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Point blank, if they can beat us when BV has seen their

Dec 3, 2020, 1:39 PM

offense first-hand already one time this year, and with TL back, then they will have certainly earned the crown.

BV historically doesn't let anyone finish that "Fool me once, shame on you..." cliche.

First thing's first! Beat VT in Blacksburg!

null

Rewatched the first game on dvr ...

Dec 3, 2020, 2:20 PM

As painful as that was ...some observations (some of which have already been noted in this thread)

- We spotted them 10 points off of turnovers...
So as depleted as we were - our D only gave up 23 points in regulation (should’ve been a winning effort)
Expect an even better outing with D closer to full strength and Venables getting a 2nd look
- DJU played great and our future is in very good hands at QB...that said he’s still a freshman .. and there were some plays that resulted in a nice shorter pass when there was on open man downfield .... sometimes wide open in fact ...those are likely reads that Trevor would’ve made differently.. I’ve heard people here and nationally look at the stat line and say what difference would Trevor have made? That’s the difference...not to mention we later learned DJU was playing hurt which limited QB runs (with our suspect o line - a couple big QB runs are somewhat critical to getting our offense really going)
- The ND o line is really good (expect them to be back at or near full strength when we play ND)....they hold , but really most good o-lines do (they’re just adept at getting away with it).. having said that - Tyler Davis is critical to have back - and the difference will be significant...
- Skalski’s return will dramatically impact the ability of Ian Book to scramble- both by Skalski’s ability to make critical tackles and his “coach on the field” capability - to make sure we’re in the right formation (Kelly tried to negate some of Venables ability to adjust - making Skalski out there even more critical) .... not to mention having Jones back too...

I expect Kelly will not enjoy this rematch at all..

Dec 3, 2020, 4:09 PM

Just like last time they played us at full strength, BYOG!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2GCs0_ZMg

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic