Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How much does the CLEMSON/VT game affect either team's
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,732

How much does the CLEMSON/VT game affect either team's

Sep 29, 2017, 9:08 AM

chances of playing in the ACCCG? I think the CLEMSON/FSU and CLEMSON/NCSU games have the greatest impact, being in the same division. Likewise, the VT/MIAMI game might be way more critical to VT. Either of us can lose and still march right into the ACCCG and have to beat the other team twice to get to the NC playoff IMO.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How much does the CLEMSON/VT game affect either team's

Sep 29, 2017, 9:13 AM

This situation scares me. I know our coaches are dragging their feet in order to give our guys the essence of a taste of defeat and this game means nothing in the big picture. I believe they were pulling this same kind of crap during the NCS and Pitt games last season.

I appreciate that a team needs to experience hanging in a close game and continue believing it can win but this stuff gets on my last nerve.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How much does the CLEMSON/VT game affect either team's

Sep 29, 2017, 9:22 AM

How are our coaches "dragging their feet?" It's amazing to me, given the success of recent years, that you question our coaches desire to win or their ability to prepare our team to win. If this isn't intentional sarcasm, I'm completely baffle by your comment. Care to clarify? Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This game is inconsequential to either teams ACCCG

Sep 29, 2017, 9:40 AM

hopes. With only 2 non divisional games each year, you are essentially allowed a free pass on one of them. Not that I would want to use that pass.

This game has way more CFP implications than ACCCG implications. I highly doubt we'll get to the end of a season and see 4 undefeated Power 5 conference champions but I don't want to be the 1 loss champion on the outside looking in. I also don't want to have a reason to be debated against other 1 loss Power 5 Champions.

I think that is why a lot of people would want to see an 8 team playoff and the Power 5 conference champions get in regardless. The conference Championship is decided based off wins and losses and has no ones opinions of the quality of your wins matters. I think that if you win your conference(seeing as that is 67-75% of a teams schedule) then you should get a shot in the CFP. Obviously 4 sports for 5 Conference Champs doesn't allow for that.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,732
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic