Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This Stay at Home Has been Good For Me
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,524

This Stay at Home Has been Good For Me

Apr 8, 2020, 7:39 PM

I've been able to get a bit more dome with my book. My next story is about our leaving Camp Crowder, MO and heading for Camp Shanks, NY for an eventual cruise to Europe. Had planned to write the story tonight but decided to spend one more night at Camp Crowder and write it tomorrow.

I may have posted this story sometime in he past but if I did, I'll bore you again. This is a slightly different version.

We were at Camp Shanks, NY, just outside of the City , We had a few days before we were to board our ship. All of us five guys were making our first visit to the Big Apple. One of our guys, Lee Munnich, led us around looking for a particular store so he could purchase a special item. Finally, he saw a store and said he thought he could get the item in that store. We went in and after looking around saw what he wanted -- a harmonica. Lee bought the cheapest one in the lot. We wondered why Lee would buy a harmonica when he couldn't carry a tune if it was in an air-tight jug

Without telling us where we were going, Lee told us to follow him. A short walk took us to Carnegie Hall. Lee told us he had always dreamed of playing at Carnegie Hall. The building was closed, but Lee stood by the entrance making noise with the harmonica. He asked one of us to take his camera and get a picture of his performance. Foot traffic was rather heavy in the area and several people stopped to watch.

Not to be outdone. the rest of us decided we wanted a photo of us performing. We asked one of the bystanders if he would take a pic of us. We were standing near the entrance and we wanted to actually be doing something. Someone suggested we sing a song. The only song mentioned that each one of us knew was "Jingle Bells", So we sang Jingle Bells and received a standing ovation from the bystanders.

A few years ago I made contact with Lee's son and told him this story. I asked him to go through his Dad's photos and see if he could find those old photos. At last report he had not found them.

Message was edited by: Joe21®

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Awesome Joe. Keep em coming***

Apr 8, 2020, 8:23 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: Awesome Joe. Keep em coming***

Apr 8, 2020, 8:44 PM

Excellent story. Pre and post deployment stories are often as entertaining as the in theater, if lacking the gravitas.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This Stay at Home Has been Good For Me

Apr 8, 2020, 9:06 PM

Great Great story!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What year was that?***

Apr 9, 2020, 9:27 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,524
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic