Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This Likeness Thing Though Disruptive Will Be Market
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 648

This Likeness Thing Though Disruptive Will Be Market

Oct 30, 2019, 10:16 AM

Regulated. Only so many players likenesses are really of any value, and other rules will govern and create conflict. Though the forces of change will seek to drive change, the forces of status quo will fight to preserve as much of the golden egg as possible.

Expect a rule-laden system that makes the wild west apocalyptic outcome less likely. Teams still will be governed by scholarship limits and other processes already well established. Look at the NFL and it's almost 3,000 players (pros) only a portion of them in a free market system are worth having an endorsement of any substance. Will all the 5 stars command value, likely, will the majority of the 3 stars get anything other than the ability to control their likeness and maybe creatively get a few bucks, likely also. In the end I don't think the sky falls. The Coots will still Suck, I promise.

This thing will be messy for the next 2 years while it is mapped out, but ultimately it will end up watered down. Big billion dollar systems are hard to disrupt.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This Likeness Thing Though Disruptive Will Be Market

Oct 30, 2019, 10:39 AM

I like to think along these lines as well.

However, there is one major problem with your comparison.

High school athletes get to pick their college and college athletes are picked by a professional team.

Some random Packers fan throwing money at a college kid to come to Green Bay doesn't help.

Some random college fan throwing money at a kid to pick his favorite college could have a huge impact.

I think this will be the biggest hurdle for the NCAA to jump.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 648
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic