Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This Cannot Stand
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

This Cannot Stand

Jul 31, 2020, 8:22 PM

I’ve been a paying member for awhile, and very rarely do I post. Having said that, it takes a lot for me to let my voice be heard. The Clemson vs. UofSC being called off, is in and of itself WRONG! First let me say, I understand what’s happening in the world right now, the coronavirus has had its effect on everything. However, the NBA, MLB, and NFL are making their respective sports happen, one way or the another. I get that amateur sports are another animal, but, they’re playing some sort of schedule, albeit modified. We as a STATE, have put so much into our rivalry. We care, we defend , and we talk all sorts of trash for 365 days a year uninterrupted since 1896! Personally THE GD GAME needs to be played, regardless of what’s going on. Make it an off the record game, a scrimmage, exhibition, or hell, a practice. Tradition says that CU plays UofSC annually, contrary to world events. We are the 2nd longest uninterrupted rivalry in the country, think about that. We are about to throw TRADITION out the window, over something we’ve played through before. 2 World Wars, Vietnam, a president being assassinated, Spanish flu, and on and on. We in the south, believe in tradition, we hold it dear. It’s what we pass down to our grandchildren, they’re stories we revel in telling. How will we explain ourselves 20 years from now? If these 2 schools don’t play, regardless of the circumstances, then how is it tradition? It’s not, it’s just something “cute” we tell ourselves.

Again, I want everyone safe. They are already playing at the very least 10(SEC) and 11(ACC) I say we play anyway, because, we are supposed to play. Conference be ######, Clemson plays UofSC, if college football is being played, PERIOD.

Imagine the story, 20 years from now. We play regardless. The end. Pandemic be ######.

Personally, it be kinda cool if they met at a high school stadium to play, unannounced, and recorded it in the history books anyway. Because it’s tradition, and that’s what we’re about.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This Cannot Stand

Jul 31, 2020, 8:26 PM

I totally agree.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 31, 2020, 9:34 PM

What gets me is this, they really don't have a logical reason why we can play our instate rivals when it's only a 2 hour ride on a bus, and our two teams have enough buses to where they wouldn't have to put more than 10 players on a bus. This is all about the SEC wanting to rule every tid bit of what happens within this one time completely controlled by each individual conference to call their own shots of my way, or no way season!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 31, 2020, 10:08 PM

Yes it is wrong, it boils down to Muschamp and Turner not wanting to play Clemson’s . SC fans claim Turner was the only vote to play the rival. BS, he is truly a Chicken !

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

100 percent agree

Jul 31, 2020, 10:18 PM

By not playing and continuing the 100 year tradition we are basically saying our rivalry is 2nd fiddle to the ones that are still being played. You think the people, legislators in Alabama would allow the sec to cancel that game? You know the answer, so why is our state bending over. The state owns the schools and has the final say in everything about the schools.

Re: 100 percent agree

Jul 31, 2020, 10:21 PM

That game being the iron bowl of course

Jul 31, 2020, 11:27 PM

I’ve been a paying member for awhile, and very rarely do I post. Having said that, it takes a lot for me to let my voice be heard. The Clemson vs. UofSC being called off, is in and of itself WRONG! First let me say, I understand what’s happening in the world right now, the coronavirus has had its effect on everything. However, the NBA, MLB, and NFL are making their respective sports happen, one way or the another. I get that amateur sports are another animal, but, they’re playing some sort of schedule, albeit modified. We as a STATE, have put so much into our rivalry. We care, we defend , and we talk all sorts of trash for 365 days a year uninterrupted since 1896! Personally THE GD GAME needs to be played, regardless of what’s going on. Make it an off the record game, a scrimmage, exhibition, or ####, a practice. Tradition says that CU plays UofSC annually, contrary to world events. We are the 2nd longest uninterrupted rivalry in the country, think about that. We are about to throw TRADITION out the window, over something we’ve played through before. 2 World Wars, Vietnam, a president being assassinated, Spanish flu, and on and on. We in the south, believe in tradition, we hold it dear. It’s what we pass down to our grandchildren, they’re stories we revel in telling. How will we explain ourselves 20 years from now? If these 2 schools don’t play, regardless of the circumstances, then how is it tradition? It’s not, it’s just something “cute” we tell ourselves.

Again, I want everyone safe. They are already playing at the very least 10(SEC) and 11(ACC) I say we play anyway, because, we are supposed to play. Conference be ######, Clemson plays UofSC, if college football is being played, PERIOD.

Imagine the story, 20 years from now. We play regardless. The end. Pandemic be ######.

Personally, it be kinda cool if they met at a high school stadium to play, unannounced, and recorded it in the history books anyway. Because it’s tradition, and that’s what we’re about.

Pretty simple reason. How can the SEC continue the “illusion” of dominance when there is one team they cannot dominate?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 1, 2020, 1:00 AM

I'm still not sure what the new schedule has accomplished relative to Covid. Geography certainly didn't drive it either as we play BC and Syracuse and not UNC or NCState.

If we have 11, the 11th should be the coots.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My grandma is rolling in her grave because big Thursday is

Aug 1, 2020, 2:28 AM

Cancelled. Cancel culture. I hate it

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

POTD

Aug 1, 2020, 2:38 AM

Post Of The Decade
I would run through a wall right now if it wouldn't wake up one of my ######## kids.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic