Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Reports: Clemson forward enters transfer portal
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

TNET: Reports: Clemson forward enters transfer portal

Jul 18, 2020, 10:03 AM

Reports: Clemson forward enters transfer portal

Junior forward Khavon Moore has entered the transfer portal, per multiple reports. Moore is a former four-star and top-100 prospect who transferred in from Texa Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Reports: Clemson forward enters transfer portal

Jul 18, 2020, 10:07 AM

He really likes transferring.

Jul 18, 2020, 10:12 AM

Yep, it sure sounds as if he's not one to stay in one place too long. It use to be said that those type don't let any grass grow under their feet!!!:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 18, 2020, 10:15 AM

I wonder who we replace him with. Seems pretty late to sign someone for this season.

Prosper gets his minutes this year

Jul 18, 2020, 11:39 AM

Not sure about his scholarship

Right now a mix if

PG: Dawes, Trapp, Honor
2G: Trapp, Hemenway, Hunter
SF-Newman, Tyson, Prosper
PF-Simms, Tyson
C-Baerhe, Hall

We could use a big body, pretty much the norm

Re: Prosper gets his minutes this year

Jul 18, 2020, 11:46 AM

I like the look of that team. That would be good to add some rebounding depth though. We need a Dennis Rodman..ha.

Jul 18, 2020, 10:28 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Reports: Clemson forward enters transfer portal ]

That is still the perfect saying!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Brownell rental program fails again.

Jul 18, 2020, 10:22 AM

Why not -
Develop an offense from inside out - that players want to play in!
Recruit and develop!
Recruit inside players!
Quit the rental program!
When you recruit and develop - players believe in the system and prefer to stay.

Clemson cannot currently recruit against the Dukes, Kentucky, UNC.
The only option we have is to recruit good and develop into a really good total team.
This is not a new concept.

Inside - outside offense is not new.
Clemson gets beat inside rebounding for many years.
Clemson gets very little inside offense.
Clemson is playing out best player out of position, unfair to him and hurts team.
Who is our big men for next year?

Don’t hate CBB - but also don’t understand his plan.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You don’t seem to follow our recruiting or college basketball trends

Jul 18, 2020, 10:32 AM

very closely.

Our recruiting has been good the last few cycles. Mostly four star players who were coveted by programs with much better history and fan support than we have. Recruiting “wins” for our program for sure.

College basketball is much less focused on big men these days, and is more oriented toward good guard play. This “small ball” is the trend, thus the reason why you don’t see many teams use the inside-out strategy you mentioned.

But you seem to have your mind made up that Brownell is a moron who doesn’t know nearly as much as you do about recruiting or basketball. So carry on...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Facts are facts

Jul 18, 2020, 11:06 AM

You are the one that said moron.

Yes, I follow recruiting. I also watch ball and watch where our program is and how it is performing.

If you take an objective look at our program-( everybody on TN knows you are a staunch defender of CBB x so you may not be able to do this) - you can see that our inside game is lacking.

In the past decade, have we had an inside game to compete? Do we have any depth? Do we have people playing in position (Sims). It is like the old days when Marvin Keys was our inside guy.

An objective person would know that a decent inside game - opens up the shooters from outside and so forth.

I try and like your comments, I sure wish you were open minded a bit more. Almost like you feel the need to support your positions. Coaches can evolve and get better - just like ordinary people like you and me.

Re: Facts are facts

Jul 18, 2020, 12:18 PM

i believe you must be confusing marvin key (who was actually a guard and really didn't play that much) with murray Jarman, an undersized leaper.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Facts are facts

Jul 18, 2020, 5:08 PM

You are right. Thanks for correcting. My memory is not as good as I would like. Lol

Marvin Keys was a bench warmer who would come in at the end

Jul 18, 2020, 1:01 PM [ in reply to Facts are facts ]

of lopsided games and we would jingle our keys at him. ### are you talking about?

We have had some good inside players over the past decade.

Jul 19, 2020, 2:42 PM [ in reply to Facts are facts ]

Jerai Grant, Sidy Djitte, Landry Nnoko, and Elijah Thomas all come to mind. All of those guys are, or did, play professional basketball on some level after they completed their Clemson careers.

Do we currently have that classic 6’10” plus player, who dominates the post consistently and gets 20/10 while patrolling the paint on defense? No. Would it be great to have? Sure, but as I mentioned, that isn’t the trend these days.

How many teams right have the type of big guy you covet?

I’m sorry you don’t feel that I’m open minded. I apologize for attacking your post, but to me it read very critically. “Recruit and develop!” and “stop the rental program” are unreasonable criticisms at this point in my opinion, as recruiting has been good lately and the “rental” approach is the reality in college basketball today.

It gets old reading so many negative and ridiculous knee-jerk reactions anytime a basketball post comes up here. I feel that very few people here can be objective, or at least pretend to be, when it comes to our program.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Oh here we go again, someone not satisfied with mediocrity.***

Jul 18, 2020, 11:36 AM [ in reply to The Brownell rental program fails again. ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seriously. I don’t understand how people don’t get it.

Jul 18, 2020, 3:08 PM

It’s much easier to win a national championship in the NIT than it is in the NCAA.

I think Brad is a genius, and someday it will pay off. Not sure why more coaches don’t use this strategy.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is the BB cycling out clause

Jul 18, 2020, 10:53 AM

I understand Khavon is probably a bit of an oddball with his transfer history, BUT if a guy with his former 4* skill set can't succeed at Clemson, then where will he be able to be "the man"? He didn't get much of an opportunity to shine in games last year and none of us get to watch practice. Can KM go somewhere and average 20+ a game...I doubt it, but he must think he can & has decided he won't get a chance to do so with the Tigers. He will be missed as a starter, but hopefully somebody like Prosper will be able to take advantage of the opportunity to get early minutes as a freshman.

Re: This is the BB cycling out clause

Jul 18, 2020, 1:20 PM

A starter? Since when? The dude has versatility, but in no world was he a starter for next year's team at all...not even close.

Think he saw the writing on the wall with Hall and Prosper coming in.

Jul 18, 2020, 11:22 AM

Him and Jemison both. Wish Moore would’ve turned out more than he did for us.

The recruiting experts were way off here

Jul 18, 2020, 11:52 AM

nothing about Moore screamed top 50 recruit to me

Re: The recruiting experts were way off here

Jul 18, 2020, 1:03 PM

Kind of sucked.

Jul 18, 2020, 1:00 PM

He wasn’t deserving of a top 100 or 200 in my opinion from his film. Every time he played against good teams or players he got exposed. It’s hard for a player who is told how great they are but truthfully aren’t very good.

He played mostly against inferior talent and hasn’t developed into the potential scouts saw in him. I wish him the best, hopefully he works overtime to prove us doubters wrong.

Go be great Khavon be Moore! ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Jul 18, 2020, 1:24 PM

This only says one things to me...

Olivier-Maxence Prosper came in and passed him immediately. That's not a bad sign. Hate we won't have Khavon's versatility, but out of all of the scholarship players remaining on the team, if we were going to lose one, his would probably be the one you'd have picked.

With the calendar where it is, it's likely we'll hold this scholarship until next year. There's a chance we could take a late transfer that wouldn't be eligible this year, but that's not much different than holding for a high school senior in next year's class. In both scenarios, the incoming player plays in 2021-22.

Jul 18, 2020, 2:56 PM

If there is a basketball season will the Tigers have to have student tryouts to have 10 players to scrimmage?

Jul 18, 2020, 4:55 PM

Simple counting would answer this question for you.

We have 11 scholarships filled for the 2020-21 season, and all are eligible to play.

Jul 18, 2020, 3:33 PM

His rebound and full court drive with pass to Trapp under the basket was special. Boeheim won't forget.

Jul 19, 2020, 1:11 PM

His ball handling skills for a guy 6'10" were impressive but Brownlee never played him much for some reason. Good luck at your next school (Mercer?).

Jul 20, 2020, 7:27 AM

6'10"?

Try 6'8" (and "Brownell") instead.

Jul 20, 2020, 12:09 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Reports: Clemson forward enters transfer portal ]

turf2 said:

His ball handling skills for a guy 6'10" were impressive but Brownlee never played him much for some reason. Good luck at your next school (Mercer?).

What 6’10” are you talking about?

You'd think the negative posters would at least be able

Jul 20, 2020, 12:39 PM

to get their facts straight before making ridiculous complaints.

Jul 20, 2020, 1:36 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Reports: Clemson forward enters transfer portal ]

Haven't you ever seen FLETCH? He's 6'-10" with the hair.

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic