Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Some of you could use this training to be less white
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1,246

Some of you could use this training to be less white

Feb 20, 2021, 7:03 PM

your skin color is a probem

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/coca-cola-training-be-less-white

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Some of you could use this training to be less white

Feb 20, 2021, 7:10 PM

My goodness this country is marching rapidly toward stupid!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 20, 2021, 7:17 PM

We are there and the soft liberals and their social justice crap is going to get us all killed. Other world leaders have to be salivating

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 20, 2021, 7:59 PM

sorry, you ain't gonna pin this one us. Coca-Cola has gone full #### on their own this time.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Granted. Fair comment. But Coke is not the only one. At

Feb 20, 2021, 8:51 PM

some point, when enough of it is happening - and it already is (some of the school stuff is bizarre) - it is no longer 'them' but 'us'. We have to acknowledge that a thing is happening on a broad scale, and it's certainly not on the conservative end of the scale. Who is 'us', who is 'them', and what do we do to stop the nonsense?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 20, 2021, 7:29 PM

take out the racist parts and its not so bad

Be less oppressive
Be less arrogant
Be less certain
Be less defensive
Be less arrogant
Be more humble
Listen
Believe
Break with apathy

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Truly amazing. How does a corporate learning and development

Feb 20, 2021, 8:50 PM

professional see this content and think it’s even remotely appropriate. It is blatantly racist.

I hope some day we look back at the mindset that led to books like “White Fragility” having credibility as some sort of mass hysteria.

null

Re: Truly amazing. How does a corporate learning and development

Feb 20, 2021, 9:33 PM

If you read the definition of “racist” I don’t know how anyone could deny that what Coke is doing is racist.

Hey***

Feb 20, 2021, 9:54 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Truly amazing. How does a corporate learning and development

Feb 22, 2021, 7:57 AM [ in reply to Re: Truly amazing. How does a corporate learning and development ]

Except Coke's not doing it and you'd know it if you read the whole article and researched it further.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Shame on you...

Feb 22, 2021, 7:56 AM [ in reply to Truly amazing. How does a corporate learning and development ]

For actually falling for this and believing it was part of Coke's required training instead of researching it further. You're much, much smarter than this.

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

I never assumed it was required training, but I do question,

Feb 22, 2021, 11:12 AM

as I did before, whether or not the L&D team at Coke had any opportunity to review or provide input into what their employees have access to.

Look, I think I'm enjoying your patented "Cata Self-Annointed Victory Lap" almost as much as you are. They are a sight to behold. But AGAIN...despite your generous offer to answer my questions toward Coca Cola on behalf of Coca Cola...I stand by my questions. I am very comfortable in finding out that the actual story is as you present it. That Coca Cola pays LinkedIn just for their employees to have full access to all the trainings in their portfolio. But I also know that the story could be more nuanced than that, and I think it's worth getting answers to the questions I listed.

I wonder if you work in a large corporation. I do, and I can tell you that the fervor for Diversity and Inclusion training is all-encompassing at this moment. Do I think that CC's HR group could have green-lit this for inclusion to a portfolio of programs to train their people on D&I? I do. I also certainly think your take on the story could be 100% accurate, and that's okay. Look, I'm not organizing a boycott, and my ego can take a hot take on a P&R message board. I am no less outraged that the training exists in the first place and that LinkedIn has added it to its portfolio. It's training racism. Pure and simple.

Thanks for slowing down to read. Back to that lap!

null

Re: I never assumed it was required training, but I do question,

Feb 22, 2021, 3:57 PM

Thanks. My legs get tired with the number of laps I have to run in here.

Your reply to the OP is loaded with assumption; this post is far more reasonable.

Coca-Cola has already issued a statement on the video. They made it clear it wasn't part of the curriculum, and clearly they recognize that it shouldn't be.

There's a few things that are easy to unpack here:

1. Coke wouldn't push a message like this to employees given the make-up of the company, who runs it, and who pays their bills.

2. Coke also knows something like this would barely make a dent in their sales. They wouldn't even have to issue a corrective press release and certainly wouldn't give a #### if they did have this training and people didn't like it.

3. Thus, it seems a pretty simple explanation. Also, the fact that the major media outlets (and reputable ones) haven't touched this speaks volumes for the validity of the story.

Don't slow down. I'll run with you for a bit...

Feb 22, 2021, 4:17 PM

"They made it clear it wasn't part of the curriculum, and clearly they recognize that it shouldn't be."

What does "the curriculum" mean? Most large corporations (I'm sure ALL) will have a required set of trainings that all employees must go through at least once, and many annually. Then they have a training platform for other things to help the employees learn. That platform will probably be a combination of "Here's a link, good luck" types of sites and curated training materials for specific things. D&I is a strong candidate for the second type, but not always.

Look at their quote (I pulled this from the first link that popped up...assuming it is accurate as I've seen it numerous times, but tell me if not so):
https://twitter.com/ChrisCPandolfo/status/1362969629543522307?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1362969629543522307%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.thestreet.com%2Fmishtalk%2Feconomics%2Fcoca-cola-confirms-training-employees-try-to-be-less-white

"from a publicly available LinkedIn Learning series" - this does not mean it was not reviewed and approved by their HR.

"not a focus of our company's curriculum" - useless misdirect corporate blah blah blah

"Our Better Together global learning curriculum is part of a learning plan to help build an inclusive workplace." - see here is where I pause...if they have a titled curriculum, it would probably not be something that had NO thought put into it...it wouldn't be just a link to a learning platform and a hardy "Have at it, people!"

"We will continue to refine this curriculum." What do you mean? Do you choose this as part of the curriculum? Are you going to omit it? Does it support your diversity goals or not?

Questions...that I think should be answered.

In response to your numbered comments:

1. Sure they would. Again, you might not work for a large company, and if not, I think you would be very surprised at what is put out there. Keep in mind that the Board isn't looking at the trainings...HR is.

2. Great. Then they won't mind full disclosure and clarity, and follow-up questions.

3. Yes, that is true. If Fox News isn't jumping on this...it is in fact probably a nothing burger. Hey, it's not my all-consuming goal in life to find this answer...I haven't had a coke in about a decade. But I do want to know, because people should know if this is the point we have gotten to as a society.

Okay...I'm out of shape. Finish the lap without me.

null

Thing is, they're not smarter than this***

Feb 22, 2021, 2:16 PM [ in reply to Shame on you... ]

My hair color is the problem! Less white means dying my hair

Feb 21, 2021, 9:44 AM

but never liked the Coach K look.

Oh well, boycott Coke! Drink Pepsi!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My hair color is the problem! Less white means dying my hair

Feb 22, 2021, 6:22 AM

I have Pepsi stock. Now all the more reason to drink Pepsi. Of course, I’m sure they will soon do something stupid too.

Didn't realize CUNext Germaned you...

Feb 22, 2021, 7:55 AM

Regardless, you both self-owned. Your own article has a statement from Coke explaining that it wasn't part of their training.

Feb 22, 2021, 8:18 AM

I found it on LinkedIn Learning. Title is Confronting Racism. Course summary:

It’s fair to say that America has spent its entire history in a difficult conversation about race. And around the world, nations everywhere have joined the discussion. In recent decades, this has manifested as a series of direct challenges to systemic racism and inequality that address the effects of white privilege—the relative immunity white people (people of European origin) enjoy relative to the challenges people of color face.

In this course, Robin DiAngelo, the best-selling author of White Fragility, gives you the vocabulary and practices you need to start confronting racism and unconscious bias at the individual level and throughout your organization. There’s no magic recipe for building an inclusive workplace. It’s a process that needs to involve people of color, and that needs to go on for as long as your company’s in business. But with these tools at your disposal, you’ll be well on your way.

Not sure this link will work unless you have access to LIL:

https://www.linkedin.com/learning/confronting-racism-with-robin-diangelo/getting-race-on-the-table?u=2212450

And, what do you know? Robin D'Angelo happens to make a living off this stuff.

https://www.robindiangelo.com/

I think we can all agree...

Feb 22, 2021, 8:35 AM

She seems a bit kooky. What isn't the case is Coke requiring her course as training.

Although it does seem she's winning at the bank, I guess.

Hey!

Feb 22, 2021, 6:17 PM

Where’d my post go??

Re: Hey!

Feb 22, 2021, 6:44 PM

its still there

under the white out

Re: Hey!