Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
You can just tell that the B1G is continuing
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

You can just tell that the B1G is continuing

Sep 14, 2020, 8:06 AM

to delay voting on playing so they can play fewer games than other conferences by starting late. Then they will want the CFP to delay their games to wait for them. I would hope the CFP doesnt fall for this ruse

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you really believe that?

Sep 14, 2020, 8:19 AM

I bet Scott Frost, Ryan Day, James Franklin, Jim Harbaugh, etc are chomping at the bit to get out there right now. I'm sure they know that they run the risk of getting left out of the CFP if they don't start playing soon.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seems the Michigan President is the problem..

Sep 14, 2020, 8:30 AM

he’s a Dr Fauci with same medical background.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Michigan governor isn't much help, either.***

Sep 14, 2020, 9:16 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Maybe the poster should have added the word

Sep 14, 2020, 8:31 AM [ in reply to Do you really believe that? ]

COMMISSIONER after "B1G".

Go Tigers AND Stay Well Tiger Nation!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

any delay of any kind is a bad move. Just nix the season

Sep 14, 2020, 8:50 AM

already and go away. If you don't have the details and the plan yet then its too late at this point anyway. Just stop wasting our time we're trying to analyze game film.

I think the PAC 12 and B1G both assumed everyone ascribed to CNN / MSNBC plan for living and were in their holes like they've been instructed. The boys down south and the southwest said no thank you...we playin!

I think all the Big 10 coaches want to play - the problem is

Sep 14, 2020, 8:54 AM

with the Presidents and their political masters in each of their states. Keeping things shut down has become a political imperative for most of the blue states in the Big 10. I'm not so sure that even if the Presidents voted to start the Big 10 season in a couple of weeks that their respective Governors wouldn't shut them back down in each of their states. I can't imagine that the Governor of Michigan has any intention of allowing Michigan/Michigan State to play ball regardless of what the Big 10 decides...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^ THIS ^^^^***

Sep 14, 2020, 8:56 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Governor "blackface" seems to be using Virginia Tech

Sep 14, 2020, 10:41 AM [ in reply to I think all the Big 10 coaches want to play - the problem is ]

to try to stop ACC football. Biden & Nancy must be giving him orders on what to do. Notice UVA and Tech have not played a game. Old Dominion is the only Conference USA team that refused to play football this year.

They're the ultimate "Don't forget about me" crowd

Sep 14, 2020, 8:57 AM

1st they decide to cancel their season because they thought everyone would follow. Nobody except the PAC-12 did. Now, they're on the outside looking in and want everybody else to cater to their lack of foresight.

Sorry girls, you made your choice now you get to live with the consequences.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Pac12 is irrelevant...

Sep 14, 2020, 9:14 AM

and absolutely no one east of the Rocky Mountains really cares if they play or not.

Does anyone really want to be subjected to Ryan Day and the Bucknuts incessant b!tching, moaning, whining, and complaining for ten more months following yet another loss to Clemson in a bowl game?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: The Pac12 is irrelevant...

Sep 14, 2020, 9:27 AM

Looks like that Clemson loss is going to ride into next year, we are going to be in their heads forever. In the back of their minds they’ll remember we can never beat Clemson!

Looks like a semi-final game that meant so much, an it’s so sweet!

O310

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Re: You can just tell that the B1G is continuing

Sep 14, 2020, 9:25 AM

Agree. I don't see how they get in 10 games if they don't start until middle of October. Doesn't seem fair to let them in the CFP with fewer games than the other 3 conferences.

Re: You can just tell that the B1G is continuing

Sep 14, 2020, 9:31 AM

As it is, they’ll be playing in sub-zero conditions if they start in October. They really should have played earlier but the Presidents of their schools thought everyone would follow their lead......Not

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

The B1G should have started their season early

Sep 14, 2020, 9:57 AM

and finished regular season before Thanksgiving. That would have given them 2-3 games before students tried to return to campus. Right now almost all of the B1G campuses and surrounding communities are a mess with major virus outbreaks attributable to the return of students. This was or should have been expected. From a health standpoint, this age group is best equipped to handle the virus _ meaning the outcomes are much less severe.

Now the University administrations are dealing with both issues - cancellation of in-person classes and starting football season. Bottom line is the B1G administrations are F’ed regardless of decision. It was a bad decision to postpone football and the administrations are left trying to change course when the campus situation is worse.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic