Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
MLB is in serious trouble
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

MLB is in serious trouble

May 26, 2020, 7:13 PM

Looking like no season this year for sure. Not because of the virus, but money. So much money lost and lost fans. After the strikein the 90s it took a steroid scandal to bring back popularity. What a shame because they really good donthe country some good

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: MLB is in serious trouble

May 26, 2020, 7:32 PM

Does this mean they will not be paid? Seems like a bad decision.

May 26, 2020, 7:34 PM

When the obnoxious players representative barks about dying playing a game it appears that way. The truth is the players are broke and can’t make payments on the simple things. So pathetic. The NBA is a bigger joke like our hearts are broken not naming a champion. Unfortunately they, the players want to play.

Just give me my CU Football please.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 26, 2020, 8:19 PM

Doesn't seem like anybody really cares if they play or not. People are already talking football even though its a few months away.

It's not ideal...and we've all been board

May 26, 2020, 8:26 PM

To varying levels, but if I was in the entertainment biz...in any role, I'd be very concerned. The 99.999% of us who thought we needed the .001% to provide us a distraction, are finding out they're just that...a distraction...not 'creating real value'.

Do I want it much of it back? Sure, but...the longer it goes without, the sooner the 'callous of need' erodes. I hope a big portion of the .001% has saved a tad.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Those folks not quite as important as the think they are in

May 26, 2020, 8:36 PM

hollywood now are they?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nor all the

May 26, 2020, 8:39 PM

'Guys 'n Gals' in the NBA, NFL, NHL, WSL, WNBA, MLB, and...the beat. Goes. On.

MLB has been in trouble for quite awhile!

May 26, 2020, 8:41 PM [ in reply to Those folks not quite as important as the think they are in ]

The average age of an MLB viewer is late 50’s. That’s a BAD sign for the future health of the game.

It's never good when your

May 26, 2020, 8:47 PM

Target audience is in the 'high risk' category!

Re: MLB has been in trouble for quite awhile!

May 27, 2020, 8:04 AM [ in reply to MLB has been in trouble for quite awhile! ]

I was going to complain "Hey I watch baseball!" but then realized I AM over 50.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's not ideal...and we've all been board

May 27, 2020, 10:33 AM [ in reply to It's not ideal...and we've all been board ]

Gotta say it's pretty ironic that you're making this point on a sports forum, don't you think? Also, as far as the entertainment industry, people are watching Netflix and streaming movies, tv shows, etc... in record numbers.

May 26, 2020, 8:44 PM

well at least it will cut down on the sign stealing

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Man I sure hope so...those things cost me about 40 to 45 bucks

May 27, 2020, 10:28 AM

a piece!

They should work on making it fun again

May 26, 2020, 8:48 PM

It's usually dudes wearing jewelry and pants that don't fit. It was such a cool sport in my childhood.

May 26, 2020, 9:32 PM

Bunch of rich prima donnas. They are choosing to kill their own sport because they think they are soooo important. They are entertainers!!! That's all.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

May 27, 2020, 10:01 AM

Think about how much crime will increase when these thugs run out of money.

May 27, 2020, 12:41 AM

The MLB players union is why I despise MLB. They are a bunch of entitled jerks who "own" the owners. Some of you will think I'm crazy but I actually watch more college baseball than MLB.

The NFL is the exact opposite where the owners run roughshod over the weak NFLPA. It's a travesty but won't change because short careers and low salaries cause the majority of players to cave easily. The recent CBA is a total slam dunk for the owners. I honestly thought the players would hold the line and not cave on the 17th game. Oh well.

Where the NBA has the other two beat is the NBPA and the commission actually work together in the interests of both sides. It isn't all about pride, ego and choking the other side into submission.

There will be a baseball season because it would look terrible for them if the NHL and NBA successfully continue. The players will bring their noses down out of the stratosphere long enough and reach an agreement with owners. Put it in the bank.

May 27, 2020, 12:46 AM

The issue though buy the time they get started the season will probably should’ve have been over. Same with NBA

May 27, 2020, 1:10 AM

Agreed time is of the essence. The NBA has to decide between 16 teams vs. all 30 and whether to go straight into the playoffs or play a few games first. Very complicated but it is certain an agreement is concluded. There is no nastiness involved because both sides understand the unique circumstances.

Frankly, I hope there is no baseball season and the NFL, CFB and (delayed) NBA make it so nobody misses MLB. Hopefully the clueless players union that has no connection to real life learns something from that.

I still think the MLBPA will agree to salary cuts because the damage to their image and to their league would be substantial otherwise. They will consider themselves martyrs (LOL) and pat themselves on the back for being so generous.

Hopefully baseball returns in July as planned...

May 27, 2020, 9:44 AM

but MLB will definitely have to work through the position by the players union that player salaries for 2020 are not reduced beyond the previously agreed-upon prorated amounts. players’.

It seems the current sticking point is revenue sharing. Frankly, if games are played in empty stadiums, players should not reasonably expect to receive a percentage of revenue that was not generated.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Hopefully baseball returns in July as planned...

May 27, 2020, 8:27 PM

All labor unions need to go away!

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic