Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Three questions
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 487

Three questions

Feb 9, 2021, 9:08 AM

So now that the Keystone pipeline will not transport Canadian oil to the US to be refined here, how is this a better move? I don't see the Canadians choosing to leave the oil where it now resides. So the oil we will still purchase will travel by multiple trucks and trains. Is that better? China will probably buy more of the oil and is less environmentally friendly than the US in using petrochemicals. Is that a good thing? Was it good for Biden to blow off Keystone without even the courtesy of discussing this with Trudeau?

Trump used a lot of needless incendiary language regarding illegal immigration. However, the number of people who were getting in was curtailed. How is it a good thing now especially in the era of COVID and restrictions on US citizens, that we are soon to have a run on the border? Catch and release is going into effect.Illegal immigrants are being housed in high rise hotels in San Diego. How is it fair to require those that legally become citizens to spend a great deal of time and money in doing things the appropriate way? Is $4 billion to Honduras going to help the citizens or the ruler? Are we soon to become a sanctuary nation? How long is that sustainable? What is the carrying capacity in certain areas of the country before social services are overwhelmed?

Why would we reenter the Obama/Kerry nuclear deal with Iran? Does anyone possibly believe Iran does not have the intention of developing nuclear weapons? So we relax the sanctions, they continue furtively to develop their nukes and in the meantime have more money to dole out to terrorist organizations. I would suggest reading HR McMaster's book. He is critical of Bush, Obama and Trump. We have engaged in "strategic narcissism," basically viewing the world through our eyes and acting on what we desire rather than what is often realistic.

I do admit, I do not miss one bit the tweet storms and demeanor of Trump. I am missing many of the policies. If Biden is a centrist and looking for unity, I would hate to see what's left of center and confrontational.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Three questions

Feb 9, 2021, 10:04 AM

Well said.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 9, 2021, 10:38 AM

lefties want to burn fossil fuel to transport fossil fuel

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 9, 2021, 10:54 AM

Iran will never having a functioning nuclear warhead with a delivery system capable of making it to the US, let alone India. If they want to enrich Uranium for Nuclear power, then we should not stop them, but keep a close eye. Even then developing the warhead and guidance systems is an entirely new challenge, it is not like they are testing missiles here people. North Korea despite all their incompetence is a decade ahead of Iran if they are in fact trying to create a nuclear warhead, and NK could not hit the board side of a barn.

HTH.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Its only about 1200 miles from Tehran to Jerusalem

Feb 9, 2021, 10:57 AM

They don't need to go around the world. I bet they could buy a non tipped, ready to fire missile from North Korea, or Russia.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

nobody is going to sell them an ICBM, that would be insanity.

Feb 9, 2021, 11:23 AM

and It will be decades of this first before they develop one.

They don't need an ICBM.

Feb 9, 2021, 11:35 AM

All they need is a non "special" cruise missile. They already have a Shahab 4 missile that can travel 1200 miles with a 2200# payload.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They don't need an ICBM.

Feb 9, 2021, 12:59 PM

If we don't find a way to stop Iran this will lead to the Saudi's developing nukes. Israel will not sit back until it's too late, but I'm not sure the religious zealots in Iran's leadership care. If they can get a devastating hit on Israel, they are not afraid of finding themselves amongst dozens of nubile virgins.Iran doesn't need an ICBM to deliver a nuke.

Nukes are for Defense and geopolitical leverage.

Feb 9, 2021, 1:10 PM

and they are not that crazy, it would end in their utter destruction before they even got close to this.

Re: Nukes are for Defense and geopolitical leverage.

Feb 9, 2021, 2:15 PM

Not sure why Iran needs nukes for defense. Who is threatening Iran with annihilation? Most definitely this would give them a definite geopolitical advantage and would be met with proliferation in the region. I hope you are correct about them not being that crazy. I don't share that confidence. A country that willingly along with Iraq used children as human minesweepers and is really into the whole martyrdom deal is a different animal than atheistic nuke states who like to live. Pakistan fortunately is not as of yet run by the religious clerics.

Re: Nukes are for Defense and geopolitical leverage.

Feb 9, 2021, 9:26 PM [ in reply to Nukes are for Defense and geopolitical leverage. ]

crazy lol

The Return of the Mahdi

Twelfth Imam

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

all you need is an airplane

Feb 10, 2021, 6:40 AM [ in reply to They don't need an ICBM. ]

and really a car would work too

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you want a pipeline, join the Taliban

Feb 9, 2021, 10:53 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If you want a pipeline, join the Taliban

Feb 10, 2021, 9:05 AM

Wow! This all makes one wonder how much thought Biden put into nixing Keystone. The topography of Afghanistan is such that a pipeline there has the potential for failure with resulting environmental damage. Fortunately we have Afghan engineers ready to roll!

Running the pipeline west out of Alberta will be no less of a threat than running it through the US. In fact, there isn't a lot of flat land in British Columbia to run the pipe to the Pacific.Chinese tankers will then be transporting the oil from an area rich with fish and wildlife.

So, net-net, what was gained by Biden's move. It would seem we disrespected a close ally. The oil will still flow and will be transported in a less environmentally responsible fashion. American jobs will be lost and we'll end up buying oil from less friendly states. China will be the big winner.

I don't understand why Biden didn't take the time to have extensive talks with Trudeau before making this move and explain more fully to the American people why this was the much better play.

IMO we need some more illegal immigrants

Feb 10, 2021, 10:09 AM

because they DGAF about stupid mask orders and other ######## that Americans are so sheepishly cowering to.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 487
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic