Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So anyone notice the following the past few weeks from sports media...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

So anyone notice the following the past few weeks from sports media...

Dec 9, 2020, 10:19 PM

When FSU cancelled game against us b/c we had 1 positive Covid test: media chewed us up 1 side & down the other for traveling w/ positive player & for Dabo railing FSU's decision not to play.

When FSU cancelled subsequent week for them having multiple positives while no one tested positive for Clemson afterward: crickets

When the ACC made the decision for us & ND to not play this weekend & save both teams for ACCCG: media (among others) gripe about ACC's decision & accusing them of playing favorites & trying to game the system to get 2 teams in the CFP

When the B10 went back on their criteria to allow Ohio St to play in B10CG when they didn't meet the threshold for number of games played: the B10 did the right thing to let OSU play in the game

????

Message was edited by: thompson_creek_tiger®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So anyone notice the following the past few weeks from sports media...

Dec 10, 2020, 2:24 AM

It’s almost like the media plays favorites.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Almost...Nah, couldn't be.***

Dec 11, 2020, 3:12 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 10, 2020, 7:03 AM

Just like they did with all the continuous “orange man bad” agenda for 4 years and especially up to the election.

I’m convinced more than ever “we the people” are no longer in charge in their s country at this point. Someone else is setting the narrativecand agenda and media monkeys play it. Biased and agenda driven - not fair and balanced.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 10, 2020, 7:32 AM

Clemson is currently on top of the college football world. We've got more wins, more titles and more press than anyone in the country not named Alabama. The consensus best player in college football is our QB. We seemingly are always in every CFP ranking, we've played in 4 of the last 5 national championship title games, winning two of them. In the last two years we've beaten Alabama and Ohio State teams that were pronounced and proclaimed as their best teams ever.

Given our outstanding success, a great many people have Clemson fatigue. Much of the country wants us to fail and for someone else, almost anyone else, to knock us off the pedestal on which we now sit.

Many people hated the Yankees, many hated the Celtics, many hated Notre Dame, many hated Alabama, many hated Oklahoma back when the Sooners were killing it in the 1950s.

Being on top means a great many people wish for you to fail. That's why you and I see so many negative takes on whatever we do. So relax and enjoy being the best. Don't give a second thought to talking heads who make a living creating controversy and pointing out what they think are flaws in our program, our coach, our players and so forth.

Being on top is nice. It beats the heck out of who we were from about 1990 to about 2011. As long as we are good, we'll catch grief from the naysayers.

Message was edited by: Harley®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very well stated...***

Dec 11, 2020, 3:14 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 10, 2020, 9:53 AM [ in reply to Re: So anyone notice the following the past few weeks from sports media... ]

On that note, have you seen the videos posted by the Veritas Project exposing the agenda of "The most trusted name in news"?

I mean, it's not earth-shattering, since Rush has been calling them the Clinton News Network since 1992. But VP listened in on at least a dozen morning conference calls and recorded them.

That's literally what PV does (with apologies to Barack, who doesn't "do" anything he says he does.)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

way to ruin a perfectly good sports post

Dec 10, 2020, 10:01 AM [ in reply to Re: So anyone notice the following the past few weeks from sports media... ]

with politics

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Dec 10, 2020, 7:22 AM

Clemson should start a journalism school. Maybe then we’ll get some pawsitive press.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Dec 11, 2020, 7:31 AM

Do journalists still go to school before they go on the air?

I get all my sports news from Paul Finebaum

Dec 10, 2020, 7:33 AM

It's the only source I trust... and he is always fair and balanced in his reporting.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Re: I get all my sports news from Paul Finebaum

Dec 10, 2020, 8:50 AM

I have a wonderful bridge for sale if you are interested.......

It'a called SARCASM!***

Dec 11, 2020, 6:58 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It'a called SARCASM!***

Dec 11, 2020, 7:02 AM [ in reply to Re: I get all my sports news from Paul Finebaum ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 10, 2020, 10:23 AM [ in reply to I get all my sports news from Paul Finebaum ]

Dec 11, 2020, 7:19 AM [ in reply to I get all my sports news from Paul Finebaum ]

I get half my sports news from Paul and half from Walt.

They are just all waiting till after the sELECTION to let

Dec 10, 2020, 9:35 AM

the truth come out. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes.***

Dec 11, 2020, 6:37 AM

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic