Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Calling out the msm
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1,220

Calling out the msm

Feb 18, 2021, 4:33 PM

Good read IMHO

https://greenwald.substack.com/p/the-false-and-exaggerated-claims

And the author is very liberal

Message was edited by: joistman®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

These are not the rioters you are looking for

Feb 18, 2021, 4:51 PM

[slowly waving hand]

I'm not sure it matters how Sicknick died, does it? Whether he was beaten with a fire extinguisher, died from asphyxiation after being pepper sprayed, or from a concussion received hours before. He's dead, and died in the line of duty, ostensibly trying to stop people from attacking the capitol. Is that incorrect as well?

And if you were wearing riot gear, wandering off limits through a federal building where others were chanting to kill the VP and yelling "Where's Nancy?!", and had several pics taken of you carrying zip tie handcuffs...would you admit you brought them with you with the intent of taking hostages? That doesn't seem like the best defense you could muster, is it? A reasonable person would find it hard to believe that he was there to help anyone, certainly after the videos of him and his mother have surfaced saying how the election was stolen, and "something needed to be done".

Defending, and for some even rationalizing the undefendable, is something the Republican party needs to immediately get out of the business of doing.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: These are not the rioters you are looking for

Feb 18, 2021, 4:55 PM

Typical liberal, buried head in the sand post.

He knows what the echo chamber says and that's the story he's sticking to. Sad.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not sure who you are talking to

Feb 18, 2021, 4:57 PM

Me, or the OP?

THIS is why you newcomers are insufferable

Feb 18, 2021, 5:49 PM [ in reply to Re: These are not the rioters you are looking for ]

and get made fun of in every thread. I'm starting to think that You, ClemsonRangers and Keowee are the same person. You all showed up at the same time to start complaining about black people protesting during the George Floyd thing. You vastly overestimate your intelligence and perspective. And you routinely just say retardedshit that's embarrassing to the whole website.

IneligibleUser has been strictly conservative the entire time I've been on Tigernet. He says something you don't agree with, and he's all of a sudden a liberal. Of course, I don't expect much else from someone who posted this:

You did the same thing to flow and Tiggity. What you should REALLY feel is an overwhelming impulse to crawl in a hole and keep your mouth shut. But alas, you're here and you're proud. And you can't help yourself.

How's that PhD treating you?

Re: THIS is why you newcomers are insufferable

Feb 18, 2021, 5:56 PM

Must have had a double-soy today.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm doing disaster recovery testing this evening.

Feb 18, 2021, 5:57 PM

I've got time to d1ck you down, too. Want some?

Re: I'm doing disaster recovery testing this evening.

Feb 18, 2021, 6:00 PM

I take it back, I’m sorry...triple-soy.

Precisely what I thought***

Feb 18, 2021, 6:02 PM

Re: Precisely what I thought***

Feb 18, 2021, 6:09 PM

Dang...I was hoping that I’d get by with just what you thought, but “precisely” what you thought...you win.

Re: Precisely what I thought***

Feb 18, 2021, 6:40 PM

"dlck you down" scared me

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 18, 2021, 8:44 PM [ in reply to Re: These are not the rioters you are looking for ]

I'm certain that if the events at the capital had unfolded by BLM minutes after a Barack Obama rally that you would be demanding all trespassers be rounded up and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Correct?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 18, 2021, 5:04 PM [ in reply to These are not the rioters you are looking for ]

The MSM has spun it into the narrative they want you to believe. As all reasonable people, I am sure you want the facts. The author is just holding them accountable.

I watched it happen. I saw footage from what happened.

Feb 18, 2021, 5:07 PM

What has it been spun into that I didn't see first hand?

Re: I watched it happen. I saw footage from what happened.

Feb 18, 2021, 5:20 PM

I don't know what you saw. Try reading the article. I thought it was quite concise and clear about the media making chit up.

I did read it.

Feb 18, 2021, 5:43 PM

Else, I wouldn't have been able to reference the specifics in the article about Brian Sicknick's death, nor the paramilitary wannabe with the zip tie hand cuffs that he later said he "found".

I'm trying to figure out what this guy, and the point of this thread are really attempting to say. It appears from above I've already been labeled a liberal who knows its an echo chamber but believes it anyway; when I'm being told how wrong I am, I normally like to know about what that I'm so wrong about.

Seemingly lately, when I'm told I need to "do my own research", somehow that research involves adrenachrome, how awesome Trump is, and how it was really antifa conspired to throw a riot party at the capitol just to make Trump look bad.

Re: I did read it.

Feb 18, 2021, 6:07 PM

I'm trying to figure out what this guy, and the point of this thread are really attempting to say.

The first two sentences of the article:Insisting on factual accuracy does not make one an apologist for the protesters. False reporting is never justified, especially to inflate threat and fear levels.

Its that simple

I don't see where anything was done to "inflate

Feb 18, 2021, 6:39 PM

threat and fear levels"

Was Sicknick killed in teh line of duty, from what resulted from actions taken on Jan 6?

That's a simple yes or no. Doesn't matter how it happened. He died on Jan 6 due to the riot.

Did the paramilitary wannabe get caught with zip tie handcuffs? Yes, he did. Did he bring them with him, or did he "find" them? I read what he said. What purpose would he have to lie about that, amiright?

Back when Cops and "Live PD" were televised, how many times were people were found with cocaine, or crack, or meth, or other illegal drugs in their pants pockets? Amazingly, I never saw anyone admit those drugs to be theirs. They either just "found that stuff", or sometimes, it wasn't even their pants! How did that get in there???

What a coincidence that a similar reaction would come from someone found with several zip tie handcuffs during the same time the crowd was chanting "Hang Mike Pence" and "Where's Nancy?!". Would you bet your salary that the young man who was apprehended was really there to assist those who were being sought out?

Yeah, me neither.

So what is the wrong narrative here? That the folks doing the rioting were reported to be doing what they were really doing, or that it was all a big misunderstanding and that they were simply there to have a peaceful discussion with Congress?

I don't understand how you can read that article and respond

Feb 19, 2021, 9:51 AM

with what you wrote.

The article is very clear and specific on its intent - the media is obligated to tell the truth and provide a clear accounting of events to the public, lest they be dismissed as the agenda-driven hacks that I believe them to be. He provides three narratives that were wide-spread over the past month+ regarding the riot: 1) That a police officer died from an injury sustained when rioters hit him with a fire extinguisher, even though there is no evidence that he sustained any blunt force injury, 2) that Zip Tie Guy is clear evidence of the intent to abduct lawmakers, even though the PROSECUTION says that he found the zip ties in the building (not his story...the story of the people whose job it is to convince a jury he's guilty), and 3) that this was an armed insurrection, despite his assertion that not a single firearm was found to be carried or of course used by any person who entered the Capitol that day.

He further points out that anyone that demands accuracy and truth in reporting is labeling either an apologist or a supporter of the rioters, something that you have already done on this thread.

Much of the rest of your comments are just straw men. The author, and the original poster, do not claim that the rioters were there to have a peaceful discussion. Indeed, without evidence, I suspect that the author of the article wouldn't make such a claim. Truth and all that.

null

Pipe bombs were found at the capitol

Feb 19, 2021, 11:28 AM

At least one protestor was found with a van full of weapons. How many other people there were carrying concealed weapons? I have no idea, but if you think it was zero, you're crazy. What are you looking for in order to accurately be described as an "armed insurrection"? Dozens of people open carrying semi auto automatic long guns, charging the doors of the capitol and maneuvering into flanking positions throughout the building?

Look, you're certainly free to think the media is out to get Trump if you want, and this was just another method to do it. Were they exaggerating what happened on Jan 6? Obviously you think so, but like I said, I the Republican party wants to have any hope of capturing any office in the future, defending the undefendable in any form is not the way forward. I don't think it matters how Sicknick died; We know it wasn't from a car wreck on the way home. The woman who was trampled to death has largely been ignored. How many deaths from a riot need to occur before you quit worrying about what the media says about it?

I'm having a hard time finding the story about pipe bombs

Feb 19, 2021, 11:53 AM

at the Capitol. Do you have a link? I see where one person with unknown affiliation placed one pipe bomb at the DNC and one at the RNC, each a couple blocks away from the Capitol.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/zoetillman/capitol-riots-who-killed-brian-sicknick-planted-pipe-bombs

Do you have a link to the story about the pipe bombs found at the Capitol?

"How many other people there were carrying concealed weapons? I have no idea, but if you think it was zero, you're crazy."

Yes...that's where the bar should be set for journalistic integrity.

It's an armed insurrection!
How do you know?
I mean...come on! You're nuts if you think some of those people didn't have concealed weapons!

"Look, you're certainly free to think the media is out to get Trump"

Thanks for that. I do think that, but this discussion isn't about their motives. It's about their lack of interest in accurate reporting.

"but like I said, I the Republican party wants to have any hope of capturing any office in the future, defending the undefendable in any form is not the way forward."

Again, just as the original author states...calling out the media for their lack of interest in truth now turns into "defending the undefendable". Yet...AGAIN...I don't see anyone defending the rioters. Put another way, your comment is "Don't question the incorrect reporting of the story or we'll paint you as a Trump rioter nutbag." Unity!

null

There was a guy with pipe bombs (reportedly) - but he left

Feb 20, 2021, 6:04 PM

them in his truck and didn't bring them to The Capitol. I can't find any verification that they were actually functional.

But - whatever they were - they weren't brought to the riot...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 18, 2021, 8:40 PM [ in reply to Re: These are not the rioters you are looking for ]

joist

What makes you trust the accuracy of Glenn Greenwald more than the dozen other reporters who have written about the riots ??

Could it be that he helps to support your position ?

You reactionaries squeal about an echo chamber, while living in one yourselves.

Are you still scared?***

Feb 19, 2021, 12:06 PM [ in reply to These are not the rioters you are looking for ]

Re: Calling out the msm

Feb 18, 2021, 4:54 PM

Good post.

When you've seen it 1,000 times it is not surprising. What is surprising is that the left (including most of the lib TNetters) believe Fox news does this all day long.

I watch MSM and Fox both. Fox slants stories for sure. But the MSM just plain makes up stories. Makes them up, shove the fake story into the echo chamber and watch it fly...

Feb 18, 2021, 8:43 PM

NC

So any analysis of bias and accuracy (see attached) that is done is just bullyshitt if it disagrees with your perceptions ?? Please note where fox comes off in bias and accuracy - and how many mainstream media sources are ranked better than Fox in both categories.

Feb 18, 2021, 4:57 PM

Very good read. Hope a couple of T-netter's that come to mind read it too.

I wonder how zip-tie-guy's prosecutors determined that he

Feb 18, 2021, 6:22 PM

found the zip-ties inside? That must be something that's easily provable for them to concede it.

Concerning the officer's death - I agree that they MSM gleefully pronounced that his head was bashed in with a fire extinguisher. But he is dead and wouldn't be if not for the riot. Even if he did (I'm speculating) have a stroke or heart-attack after the fact.

I've said since 1/6 that it really sucked as an insurrection since no one brought any guns.

I wonder why the video of the CP letting people in a side-door never surfaced in the MSM? I've wondered if the officers who committed suicide might have been at that door.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I wonder how zip-tie-guy's prosecutors determined that he

Feb 18, 2021, 8:45 PM

joey

I don't know about the MSM, but I just read that 5 officers haver been suspended and another 26 are being investigated. We will have to see how that all plays out.

Where did you see that?***

Feb 19, 2021, 9:47 AM

Never surfaced?

Feb 18, 2021, 10:35 PM [ in reply to I wonder how zip-tie-guy's prosecutors determined that he ]

From what I read above, all I read is the "MSM", and I've seen it several times.

I saw it posted here - but I've never seen it anywhere else

Feb 19, 2021, 9:44 AM

I pay close attention to the news on many stations - but obviously I could have missed it. I thought Trump's defense would have mentioned it as well.

I saw it on CNN.

Feb 19, 2021, 11:30 AM

Don Lemon and Chris Cuomo were doing a joint broadcast and both saw it and commented on it as troubling, and hoped that it would come out why that happened in the pending investigation.

Well - it was just mentioned on ABC in the

Feb 19, 2021, 10:24 PM

context of some of the arrested rioters saying they were let in to building.

It would have been the perfect time to show that video of the C Police letting folks in - but they didn’t...

Here, I'll help.

Feb 19, 2021, 10:29 AM

1. It wasn't exaggerated. Sorry.

2. There is no giant "MSM". Each organization works as its own private business competing against the others. They do not work together.

3. Nobody at the "MSM" cares you're calling them out.

4. The reason the Sicknick story changed is because the media were given a version of it from law enforcement after it happened, and then upon further investigation, the story was updated. This happens all the time. They report what they are told by authorities. Nobody made it up.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Replies: 34
| visibility 1,220
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic